• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was my favorite episode in a while, mostly because it actually focused on The Flash (and Kid and Reverse) for once. Plus Cisco's back and Joe moments.

There's definitely still some character stuff that's off, Eobard going dumb violent is more in line with his Letscher version, Cisco's mood swings and Barry's Yoda thing was terrible but overall it was still good.

We need a real Max Mercury. Also Eobard's threat was a nice reference to the S1 finale.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
That was my favorite episode in a while, mostly because it actually focused on The Flash (and Kid and Reverse) for once. Plus Cisco's back and Joe moments.

There's definitely still some character stuff that's off, Eobard going dumb violent is more in line with his Letscher version, Cisco's mood swings and Barry's Yoda thing was terrible but overall it was still good.

We need a real Max Mercury. Also Eobard's threat was a nice reference to the S1 finale.

Reading the Waid run recently, we really need a flash family on here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God this back half is so fuckin good. Bringing back Reverse Flash this way is solid, but his threats are starting to ring hollow since he's failed so many goddamn times (though I guess he did kill Nora).

I also actually like how much this Reverse Flash is akin to Letscher Reverse Flash, just because it's always been hard for me to connect the two. In my mind I could see Lestcher deliver those lines the same way.

Also loved how devious Mirror Iris is and how it allows Candace Patton to really chew up the scenery when she's evil or sus af.

Wally being back was fantastic as well, him being uber competent and in tune with the Speed Force in a way Barry wasn't was great. I got annoyed by him talking about his mentor all the time, and actually expected for us to see him at some point but alas no.

Really love this dumb idea of building their own speed force, which I can actually swallow because there's actually been proper set up for this.

This show is killin it right now, and I'm about it.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
That theme song when Cisco went to talk to Nash, was great as it built up to the reveal of Eobard.

I need more of that theme song.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Im liking that Crisis actually is still lingering in Flash. Like technically it wasn't Barry's fault this time, I was thinking at first it was going to be Bloodwerk or something that messed up but Spectre being the reason was nice. Also I always do like the Barry and Wally moments, we needed more of this with these two.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
For a long time I wasn't okay with them casting the actor they did for Wally, due to Wally being an important character that was sidelined and pulled out of plot lines and full on shows(Legends) due to the actor's conflicting music schedule. However, I will say that if they keep Wally like they had him in this episode, then I'm okay with it. This shit was pretty much the Green Ranger effect ( https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixthRanger ) and this time around he just came across like a cooler and potentially more powerful Flash than Barry and the rest of the speedsters.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Thawne currently does not have any Speed Force right? Could he be trying to get Barry to build one for him?

Well because he's in Nash's body he doesn't have any connection to the Speed Force at all, so I'm not sure if that would work? But I wouldn't doubt your theory considering how fast and loose they play with speedforce rules.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So Thawne currently does not have any Speed Force right? Could he be trying to get Barry to build one for him?

Yeah he doesn't have the ability to go fast in Nashes body. We should get to the how he got inside of Nashes body next week based on the preview. His Negative Speed Force doesn't need the regular Speed Force to be active since the Negative Speed Force is his own creation, and he is able to teach others how to use it as is the case with Nora.

That doesn't mean that Thawne won't manipulate an artificial Speed Force if Team Flash were to actually build one.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm pretty meh on RF being back. Watching him threaten Barry was just like wow I've heard this about a hundred times now.

RF was way more interesting as Nora's mentor.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'm pretty meh on RF being back. Watching him threaten Barry was just like wow I've heard this about a hundred times now.

The main villain of the show is threatening the main hero?

Woah what a surprise! What'd you think he was gonna do when he came back? Be friends with them? I do hope they give him a bit more motivation underneath his plan to murder Barry though.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
This Zen version of Wally was my favorite version of him on Flash. The opening helicopter rescue was well done.

Joe needs to stick around forever just to give heartfelt pep talks to his kids.

Didn't know Barry could build a speed force.

I kinda forgot why Reverse Flash hates Barry so much. His hand of doom is one of the coolest finishers on the CW series.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Punished teacher RF was much more interesting because he seemed to have some regret at least, this just seems to be bloodthirsty version. Like just straight up trying to kill Cisco without testing his powers at all doesn't seem like him.

RF is back.

Fucking finally.
He was gone less than one season

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Did Crisis affect Thawne's intellect?

If we're all a little honest with ourselves, Thawne has kind of sucked since his "death" in the S1 finale.

His motivations are always all over the place from his out of place Crisis on Earth-X appearance to apparently just being bloodthirsty and wanting to kill Barry for reasons.

I hope they explain his motivation a bit more.

Cisco's mood swings and Barry's Yoda thing was terrible but overall it was still good

Showing emotion or being personally upset about something isn't a "mood swing." He can't be dropping quips every five seconds without any actual character to back it up. When he was a jerk this episode, they explained it well.

And the Yoda thing was funny.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hey Barry doing the Yoda voice would totally be a season one thing. How do people feel about Spectre being the cause for a lot of the new problems? Seen some of my friends and some on twitter upset about that.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaand Wally is the first to notice that something is off about Iris.
actually i'm pretty sure barry noticed early on, in the episode where she actually cooked good pancakes, but Joe kind of dismissed it when they talked

hopefully the writers remember and have Joe start to piece it together

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Punished teacher RF was much more interesting because he seemed to have some regret at least, this just seems to be bloodthirsty version. Like just straight up trying to kill Cisco without testing his powers at all doesn't seem like him.

He was gone less than one season
Far too long.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Barry became the source of the Speed Force in the comics by dying in Crisis (and then Geoff Johns retconning his death)

I think Barry-90 is going to be the new Speed Force.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Why did Thawne get so blood thirsty all of a sudden

I view it that Nash is getting all the full hateful versions of himself. RF always seems like the type in the show to fuck with flash and kill him if he had the opening, but really liked to annoy him and torture him, this RF is full blown hate mode so he wants to kill kill kill. So I figure we will get a explanation that it was just hate manifested and not actually RF consciousness.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't even understand how you "build" a Speed Force.

With Thawne it makes sense, because it gives the sense that it's unnatural, an aberration. He's evil, so he's gathered forces and bent them to benefit himself.

Barry just declaring "hey, we'll just make a sentient natural force ourselves!" is super weird.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I wonder if this means Barry's getting written out for a while, or if they're just shooting it during one of Flash's many breaks.
The actual production doesn't take that many breaks, when the show is off the air they're still filming. They get one break (roughly April to June) and that's when the cast goes off to film things like movies.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even understand how you "build" a Speed Force.

With Thawne it makes sense, because it gives the sense that it's unnatural, an aberration. He's evil, so he's gathered forces and bent them to benefit himself.

Barry just declaring "hey, we'll just make a sentient natural force ourselves!" is super weird.
If you can just build an artificial speed force, why don't they just give all of team Flash super speed?

..and surely this won't fall into the wrong hands. Oh hai Godspeed!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

tenor.gif

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
..and surely this doing fall into the wrong hands. Oh hai Godspeed!

Ugh, that's it, isn't it? Like Barry, I also forgot that the season set up weird Godspeeds, but just kinda dropped them.

It's weird that they didn't bring them up when the Speed Force was dying, or think that maybe tampering with artificial speed forces may cause them.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Flash rn, I don't remember Barry ever calling Iris his lightning rod

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the episode was alright. Wally sure was unlikable at times though the way he was coming for Barry. Mirror Iris being devious and sus af was the main highlight.

And I think I finally stopped caring about Reverse Flash for the most part. It's just so played out for me.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah..... I think I'm done with Thawne for a while too. Oh great. Nobody else can be written as a threat to Barry so here's Eobard again..... At the second half of the season. Yaaaaaaaaay.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're doing a different take on RF, which is cool.

I hope there's a reason he's more bloodthirsty and out of character compared to his normal self. With all the crisis plot points, it'll probably have something to do with Crisis.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Barry also calls Iris his lightning rod in the Elseworld crossover.

It's how he convinces her that he's really Barry, when he's living the Green Arrow life.