• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So with now a few recent actually competent, but not exactly great video game movies and other game movie news, I was thinking about the fnaf movie. It got rebooted over a year ago by blumhouse and Chris Columbus directing. The benefit that the movie has is that the story and lore of the games have never been really explicit, but still also enough combined with the books that there can be a (at least one) movie that takes all the stuff from those, but actually completely fleshes them out.
Most of the story in the games is done in 8-bit games and eastereggs. I can picture it being done in a way sort of like gremlins or krampus, where it is dark and has some actual killing, but also keeps to the tone of the games to not being like a full on r-rated gore fest.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Probably? The entire aesthetic of fnaf is creepy af so I can't see why even a poor adaptation couldn't do well.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The lore of FNaF goes deeper than anyone would ever know just playing the first game. It would make a fantastic tongue in cheek horror film, Hopefully better than the Banana Splits movie turned out to be

Most of the story in the games is done in 8-bit games and eastereggs. I can picture it being done in a way sort of like gremlins or krampus, where it is dark and has some actual killing, but also keeps to the tone of the games to not being like a full on r-rated gore fest.

You'd definitely have to do it this way. The premise is too silly to be a horror film that takes itself too seriously, but there's still plenty of fucked up shit. They can do a dark comedy horror thing like Krampus with more body horror.

latest

Last edited:
OP
OP
ClickyCal'

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The lore of FNaF goes deeper than anyone would ever know just playing the first game. It would make a fantastic tongue in cheek horror film, Hopefully better than the Banana Splits movie turned out to be

You'd definitely have to do it this way. The premise is too silly to be a horror film that takes itself too seriously, but there's still plenty of fucked up shit. They can do a dark comedy horror thing like Krampus with more body horror.

latest
I guess the only issue is how do you handle a guy murdering kids, but keep it not rated r...which they have to because of how much of the fanbase are still kids/teens.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully better than the Banana Splits movie turned out to be
What the fuck. As someone who used to watch a lot Banana Splits back when Cartoon Network had zero original content and just played old cartoons... this is blowing my mind. Kind of surprised WB signed off on it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the only issue is how do you handle a guy murdering kids, but keep it not rated r...which they have to because of how much of the fanbase are still kids/teens.
They can talk about it, they just can't show it. The Woman in Black is an entire film about forcing kids to kill themselves and it's a PG-13 due to a lack of actual gore. Body horror works just fine. Coincidentally that's the approach that most of the games take as well. You don't see a lot of the violent stuff, or when you do it's in those 8-bit games.

What the fuck. As someone who used to watch a lot Banana Splits back when Cartoon Network had zero original content and just played old cartoons... this is blowing my mind. Kind of surprised WB signed off on it.
WB's signed off on a lot of weird stuff

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I always wondered why the concept of creepy Chuck E Cheese's singing animatronics was never made into a movie until now.
I mean...
3493edbc70a6ddfa6f6d0d2ce22e7456.jpg

and this aint even the creepiest one.

Oct 25, 2017
Are these sorts of places still around in modern day US?

It'd have to be set today, surely?

Ive always looked on the games from afar but never played.

The most recent one had the dolls right?

"SAW" but for the kids horror genre" has bled (no pun intended) into some stuff recently, I'm sure of it. Hell maybe I'm thinking of a scary comic book movie.

Legions of kids who rolls their eyes at their parents putting on these big milestone birthday parties when all they want to do is watch badly acted youtube horror would be a good premise.

I did look for a best play order recentlynone said to start with 1.

Oh and I thought this was about car movies too.