• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Its gay lingo, and it's pretty much everywhere on Twitter and social media now. I honestly dont mind it that much and even use it sometimes because its legitimately funny.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I don't understand. Then again I never heard it before entering this thread and probably never will after.

I get though that she mocks girls showing of products on YouTube. I guess.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
tenor.gif

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't communicate with even the smallest amount of coherent content then you can get the hell off my Internet.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I'm not really surprised by some of the replies in this thread, some people really hate LGBT online culture. It killed popgaf back in the day and popera never really live here, because of that.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Damn. Didn't realize era was so boomer

The video in the OP is making fun of basic white girls on Twitter. They all use the same few memes on repeat

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm not really glued to Twitter so I guess the meme meta escapes me.

And I'm ok with that.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Who cares? Let kids have their inside jokes. It doesn't bother me if I'm not in on the Lingo. If it's important enough it will eventually reach the mainstream and I'll learn of it anyway without having to tryhard

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really surprised by some of the replies in this thread, some people really hate LGBT online culture. It killed popgaf back in the day and popera never really live here, because of that.

Pretty much. I tried calling it out at the old place for what it really was, some low key homophobia. Some of that continues here.

Any form of queer lingo and the Brads and Janets get all upset.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm old and straight so I don't know but let the young have their fun. Living is very much for the young. If it annoys you don't have any yourself then we will all be old and out of touch and one day closer to death.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Between the girl and that young fella on the first page, I'm not sure which one made me grit my teeth Clint Eastwood style harder.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I'm just going to keep living comfortably. Aging has taught me that adults only pretend to let younger generations think they're cool, like you pretend to be impressed when a child shows you a magic trick.

I had this moment of realization with fidget spinners, when I thought "Wait, why is this incredibly old shitty toy such a huge thing now? Oh, it's just one of those things where a certain group of people wants it to be Their Thing, it's just some weird kind of generational identity thing but for young people, got it." Things like this just make it clear to me now in my late 20s how A) A lot of memes are just incomprehensibly gibberish on purpose just so it feels like only you and other "cool people" understand it, and B) Actually very little of that shit was ever all that funny or special. Less a function of being "old" and more a function of just that you've seen this kind of manifestation of things a thousand times now and you realize "Oh, okay, you're having your moment with this now too and you're young so you think it's super meaningful, that's cool, live your life."

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I see nothing wrong in op videos. If we had Twitter in the nineties then there'll be one about 'valley girls' and everyone in here would be laughing and our parents would be the confused angry ones.

Though, I'm surprised scrounchies are back being a thing.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta let youth culture do its thing. We had our own stupid shit, although it wasn't memes. When I was young in the 90's/2000s, expression through clothing, music, and activities was a much bigger deal. Now, it's different, as you have far more avenues for expressing your own indivisuality without having to fit into an archetype. What I mean is... what's the Jncos of Zoomers? They dont' got em. They got Fortnite dances and memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.