• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
How is Millennial still being used as a ubiquitous term for kids? All millennial are in their late 20's, into their late 30's. I'll see kids referenced as millennial who are easily two generations after. lol
That's the joke lol. I constantly call any young person a millennial. I'm a 29 year old myself lmao.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tfw you're bi and almost never recognize queer slang. maybe it's cause i'm in my mid 20s.

I'm 37 and gay, grew up with the internet and most of the slang is familiar to me. But the circles I run with lean heavily on the queer side.

Using age as a reason why you're not familiar with culture doesn't really work. I side eye when I see people use that excuse with music as well.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I'm 37 and gay, grew up with the internet and most of the slang is familiar to me. But the circles I run with lean heavily on the queer side.

Using age as a reason why you're not familiar with culture doesn't really work. I side eye when I see people use that excuse with music as well.
Tea!

Or is "bazinga" more apt for the Era crowd?

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I'll give her that. But it's unoriginal as fuck. She's got great comedic timing so she saves it from the hellish grip of ultra lame-oid.

Solid 5/10 overall.
5 points off for mainly lack of creativity.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's funny, I'll give her that. But it's unoriginal as fuck. She's got great comedic timing so she saves it from the hellish grip of ultra lame-oid.

Solid 5/10 overall.
5 points off for mainly lack of creativity.
I feel old. Literally the first time I've heard either, I thought it was both original and funny. But I'm probably way out of touch lol

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So I've done the sksksk laugh for a while now and always called it "sissing" (a term I got from Trandoshan laughter in the Star Wars EU books, but I digress). I have a pretty loud and distinctive laugh when I find something genuinely funny, so the sksksk was for moments when I found something funny-ish but not laugh-out-loud. I had no idea it was a thing at all, or from LGBTQ+ culture.

Never heard of "And I oop " before today though, despite knowing of Jasmine Masters from Drag Race.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish they would completed the phrase. "And I oop--just hit my balls". It would be so much funnier

Last edited:

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I was born in 1986 so I'm not sure what that makes me. Grouping people by decades seems extremely stupid. Better to group by technology adoption. I'm part of the 56k modem generation.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I was born in 1986 so I'm not sure what that makes me. Grouping people by decades seems extremely stupid. Better to group by technology adoption. I'm part of the 56k modem generation.

You are millennial. Accept your label and the fact that boomers and gen x will group you with young people who are not millennials

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Tea!

Or is "bazinga" more apt for the Era crowd?
093.jpg

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019

It might just be that I don't have many queer friends at all then. I only have a few, the majority of my friends are straight guys so I'm not really in any queer circles. :(

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know one day I'm going to be completely out of touch. I just hope when that day comes I don't also lose the ability to detect humor, even if it's not aimed at me. I also hope I don't become irrationally angry at said humor and post how SOCIETY is falling apart because of it.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
give him a break, he's still using Uranus jokes from the 90s.

The Uranus joke is a stupid, cringe, unfunny joke. And it's from E.T.

"sksksksks I oops" doesn't have E.T., just all the other things.

Yes, kill the queer culture I belong to hahaha you're so funny and original.

No. Not queer culture. Just this thing.

Please.

I know one day I'm going to be completely out of touch. I just hope when that day comes I don't also lose the ability to detect humor, even if it's not aimed at me. I also hope I don't become irrationally angry at said humor and post how SOCIETY is falling apart because of it.

And hopefully you gain the ability to know when people are just being dramatic and theatrical for theatrics sake. I don't actually care if this meme continues on.

It's terrible, but y'all having fun with it, and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The gays are contributing to the downfall of society. Quick organize a straight pride parade.

It might just be that I don't have many queer friends at all then. I only have a few, the majority of my friends are straight guys so I'm not really in any queer circles. :(

This was me in my teens. I'm happy I had a group of straight buds who didn't care I was gay and accepted me completely. But as I got older I wanted a group of guys I could talk to about stuff that was too personal for my straight buds.

Plus my gay friends have better taste in music. Props to the straight friends for getting me to be a concert queen tho.

Last edited:

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
A reminder this comms hatred of gay culture led to popgaf being killed on the old forum and never being able to recover here

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
A reminder this comms hatred of gay culture led to popgaf being killed on the old forum and never being able to recover here

I try not to care, but the fact that we have such heteronormative dominated discussions has SERIOUSLY hurt the potential of Female and LGBTQ+ communities that could have grown here.

And this thread is a reminder of it—it's like talking to a fxcking wall. But pull out Simpsons/Wrestling/Seinfeld and it's somehow comedy genius.

Clearly, the ONE thing we need more of is another Marvel or Star Wars thread.

But queer humor? Gross! Kill it with Fire! Annoying!

It's exhausting. Because people say they accept you. They say they are supportive. But then when you show them who you are, suddenly it's too much, too annoying. They don't understand. They don't want to understand.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I try not to care, but the fact that we have such heteronormative dominated discussions has SERIOUSLY hurt the potential of Female and LGBTQ+ communities that could have grown here.

And this thread is a reminder of it—it's like talking to a fxcking wall. But pull out Simpsons/Wrestling/Seinfeld and it's somehow comedy genius.

Because clearly, the ONE thing we need more of is another Marvel or Star Wars thread.

It's exhausting. Because people say they accept you. They say they are supportive. But then when you show them who you are, suddenly it's too much, too annoying. They don't understand. They don't want to understand.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A true read.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

XLp3oJ4.gif

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off with this shit. Finding dumbass crap like this unfunny or cringeworthy doesn't mean someone is homophobic or anti-LGBT. Put the fucking pitchforks down.

bye.

When people throw insults at others because they're using slang or lingo specific to that community, it's incredibly homophobic. At the very least diet homophobia.

I truly hope you don't call yourself an ally with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.