The Game Awards 2018 |OT| Not Ready For Prime Time Players

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,309 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 352 21.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was 50% way too long. Granted I went in expecting Death Stranding Trailer for it so thats just me acting like a sad panda
They definitely could have cut this by an hour. Put some more if the smaller reveals in the preshow. They could have cut the early music performances. And have awards like best fighting game actually be on stage. But outside of that I thought it was good. Just an hour too long.

Oct 27, 2017
The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.

Oct 29, 2017
What a fucking waste of three hours.

I can’t believe that none of the expected reveals happened. Why the fuck were Era insiders hyping this shit up? Ugh.
I went dark as to not be spoiled (except that DMC5 trailer) and thought the show was great. Absolutely crammed with content, sorry it didn’t have anything for you.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ, the reaction of some people here, with all the "fuck RDR2" and all ? Is that what Era is ?
Uh, yes? It gets gross sometimes. Just do what I do and take a day or so off from reading the site. It'll still be full of childish fanboys when you get back but you'll be personally refreshed.

Oct 27, 2017
The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.
lol.

Let's not kid ourselves aye, the smash Bros dlc will outsell anything that starts with "metroid" on switch. Any smash Bros announcement is a much "easier win" than anything metroid.

Really fantastic show overall! Bummed we didn't get anything about Metroid Prime 4, but it's alright. The reveals we did get were really fun looking, and although I wish he would allow the winners more time to speak, and that we'd have to deal with less ads.. It was a great show nonetheless.

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed it for what it was. If you don’t like it, don’t watch. No one wants to read complaint after complaint.

Lol at how quick the Metroid thread was locked. Looking forward to seeing how those ‘insiders’ backpedal out of that one.

Oct 25, 2017
As a Nintendo fan, I'm pretty happy. Mortal Kombat coming back to a Nintendo console, Persona 5 effectively being announced. No Metroid doesn't bother me, I already know that game is on the horizon.

Nov 3, 2017
People overreacting and being assholes here towards the insiders for Metroid not happening are why the insiders don't do much or barely share info to begin with because they get attacked the moment they do or if something doesn't work out 100%. :V Very upsetting to see.

The show overall was disappointing as an nintendo fan and an SSB character who doesn't fit Nintendo at all (yet... Unless they put any main Persona game on Switch or link it to SMTV somehow), but good for all the other misc reveals in general. Shocked MK11 is out on Switch and happy the Messenger and Celeste won something even though i think RDR2 winning the music category is BS

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So, since the thread has slowed down a bit, anyone know why this thread doesn't show up on the forums or can't be added to your watch list? Only way I found the thread was on the main forums portal where it has one thread linked under each section of the forums?

Oct 26, 2017
Alrest
Metroid was never going to be announced outside of a Nintendo Direct. Fucking Persona in Smash was the real megaton of the night. I have never switched my opinion from “not buying” to “take my money now” so fast ever in my life. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the Smash logo.
With all the Nintendo characters not convince you to get the game, Joker announcement what changed your opinion? lol

KING

Oct 25, 2017
Not played any of the games mentioned tonight outside of the fighting category.

Was hoping for some cool reveal but eh, nothing really there for me either. It helped pass a few hours though, so... whatever.

Oct 26, 2017
Sonicfox comments were great. More people need to make a habit of calling America's biggest hate group out on what it is instead of letting disingenuous fucks pretend it's a functional political party.

Also holy crap thought red dead was gonna sweep.

Oct 25, 2017
People overreacting and being assholes here are why the insiders don't do much or barely share info to begin with because they get attacked the moment they do. :V Very upsetting to see.
Insiders can't win.

They get attacked when they get it right (the Grinch leak) and they get attacked when they get it wrong.

Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
More than that, we didn't even get any word on the Avengers game. Just that awful looking Switch excuse of a Marvel Ultimate alliance game. I'm fairly certain its using assets from one of the F2P or mobile games of recent, it looked very familiar.
It's a damn shame honestly. I've been waiting so long for that avengers game and that rocksteady. Every game awards and e3 I'm left disappointed because nothing is ever shown. I just want a good ensemble superhero game with a big budget. At this point I have no idea when they're going to show something. I was expecting allot I guess from these awards. Honestly the spike awards were probably better because we got Arkham city phantom pain and the last of us announcements in consecutive years I believe. Now everything gets leaked before the show and half the stuff is wrong. Yeah mu3 looks rough and I'm kinda irked it's exclusive to the switch because I really liked the first two games. They honestly probably took assets from the marvel heroes f2p that got shit down earlier this year