• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,316 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 21.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Prime time.
Solid work on this title.
I might be able to get home soon enough to miss only the first 15 minutes of this thing. More likely I'll miss the first half hour.
I just want to be around when the meteor hits.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do we now the duration of the show?

I want to watch but have to wake up early :(

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I really really hope God of War wins GOTY. I don't think there's a game more deserving tbh.

(I love Spidey and RDR2, but GOW was moving in a way those two weren't.)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I have a meeting early in the morning, and that's exactly when TGA is happening.

otl-gif-1.gif

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Welp, because of time-zones, i'll be sleeping through all of the event, so I guess I'll see you all on the other side.

If tomorrow morning I don't see at least 2 kneejerk reaction threads about Metroid, I'll be disappointed

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Oh geez. I actually haven't been on the boards much yet myself. I was a fairly prolific poster on the old official BSN, but yeah. That sounds kind of rough, though. And yep. Folks may Jason under the bus like so many do, and then folks will despair. It's a bad cycle. Like, Reapers bad.

I do agree about the reassurance. I've seen people ask why BioWare should even bother when "everybody knows they're working on DA4." And yet I've seen just as many posts or more over the years claiming they aren't. Sooooo.

Heh. D: Well, here's hoping I'm wrong! But yeah... it feels right given what we know about how far along (or rather, how early) in development this is.

it might've gotten better since i left for all i know, and i did have some absolutely fantastic conversations on there - me and this one other poster used to go back and forth with these ludicrously huge open letters, basically, and it was loads of fun; actually wish i'd kept up with them after leaving - buuuuut... well, take a look at this thread OP to get an idea of what i mean. (i'm the one who posted the tiny violin.) to my knowledge, the OP still has an active account there, even with the jaw comparison chart, the rants about 'sjws', so on and so forth...

there was much worse stuff, too. (for the record, this dude may've been banned since, but it wasn't for anything in this thread--he still had an active account when i left, and the mods brushed it off when i reported him.)

anyway, with jason, last time i think it was the 'fallout 76 is an online game' thing? the fallout subreddit was just ludicrous after that--anyone who tried to say, 'hey, uh, jason's probably right you know' would, at most, hover around ten 'controversial' upvotes, while anyone who went all 'blergh kotaku' got hundreds, and even reddit gold in a few cases.

then the official reveal came and, uh... well, responses ranged from 'kotaku sux anyway tho' to the very occasional , 'sorry jason'.

gotta love gamers.

May 5, 2018
Best Sports/Racing game?

Really?
You can blame Rocket League for getting those two awards to merge. But yes they should be separated. This category is also boring because normally it's NBA 2K, FIFA, Pro Evolution Soccer and a Forza get nominated every year with 1 game from a different series (Mario Tennis Aces is competing this year).

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Any kind of free goodies for watching on a specific platform? Mixer and Xbox usually give stuff out on Xbox One.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I'm stupid and scheduled a long meeting during TGAs and am not going to get home til after 10 or 11pm CST. Will the show be auto archived on YouTube so I can watch it right away? Or will I have to wait for it to encode and be up later / tmrw? I'm trying to avoid spoilers and I've never tried to watch a live show immediately after it ends. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Mindman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if I start watching this live on YouTube, pause it and come back, will it continue where I paused, or catch me up to live? lol stupid question I know, but I want to watch this live but will need to pause here and there.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
Hey all, I'm stupid and scheduled a long meeting during TGAs and am not going to get home til after 10 or 11pm CST. Will the show be auto archived on YouTube so I can watch it right away? Or will I have to wait for it to encode and be up later / tmrw? I'm trying to avoid spoilers and I've never tried to watch a live show immediately after it ends. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
it will be auto archived!

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
So if I start watching this live on YouTube, pause it and come back, will it continue where I paused, or catch me up to live? lol stupid question I know, but I want to watch this live but will need to pause here and there.
You would've to move the slider to the right, and look up to the exact time the live started.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
If DA4 is announced, but no teaser/trailer, I will be ecstatic.

If DA4 is announced AND there's a teaser/trailer, I'll let out a noise high-pitched enough to blow up the Chantry all over again.

If DA4 is announced and it's revealed that you play as your Inquisitor, I will legitimately cry tears of joy, and I won't even be embarrassed.

Having to wait until tomorrow morning because timezones to check the news is gonna be harddddd.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Best of luck to Geoff Keighley and the whole crew.

76tVwoI.gif

I'd be happy with Celeste, Assassin's Creed, God of War, Monster Hunter World, or Spiderman winning GOTY. Really, what I am saying, is please don't let it be Red Dead Redemption 2.

It's going to be Red Dead Redemption 2, isn't it?

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Also I may be biased bc I adore Kassandra but I really hope Melissanthi Mahut wins best performance, she did an amazing job