• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,316 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 21.2%

• Total voters

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on all the announcements, this was really solid looking at just all those.

Those DMCV and Mortal Kombat trailers are great

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo had a chance to control the mindshare of the TGA's again - and...didn't.

Persona DLC? Super lame.

Marqroq

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I guess some rumors are started to make sure you stick around and watch the whole show. Looking forward to the new Obsidian RPG amd MUA3
If that's true, whether Geoff is involved in tthose or not, it's a disservice to the show. This was the first time watching it and will be the last. Not falling for it a second time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I never believed the Metroid Prime rumors because I think 95% of video game "insiders" are liars and just want attention with no work/effort and no follow-through. So I'm not disappointed it didn't show.

I am disappointed we didn't get any Death Stranding. Shame. Thought we'd get a good gameplay reveal, finally. With E3 not happening for Sony, I wonder when we'll see something meaty.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was 50% way too long. Granted I went in expecting Death Stranding Trailer for it so thats just me acting like a sad panda

They definitely could have cut this by an hour. Put some more if the smaller reveals in the preshow. They could have cut the early music performances. And have awards like best fighting game actually be on stage. But outside of that I thought it was good. Just an hour too long.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
What a fucking waste of three hours.

I can't believe that none of the expected reveals happened. Why the fuck were Era insiders hyping this shit up? Ugh.

I went dark as to not be spoiled (except that DMC5 trailer) and thought the show was great. Absolutely crammed with content, sorry it didn't have anything for you.

Oct 26, 2017
Pathless, The Outer Worlds and Sonic Fox were the highlights for me. Overall pretty good show. Disappointed there was no Sekiro though.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
So are these "insiders" going to be allowed to carry on bullshitting fans with bollocks teases?

The teases were not at all subtle.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
108.png
lpY8Ff8.gif

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, It might really be another Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto 5 GOTY situation.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.

lol.

Let's not kid ourselves aye, the smash Bros dlc will outsell anything that starts with "metroid" on switch. Any smash Bros announcement is a much "easier win" than anything metroid.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Really fantastic show overall! Bummed we didn't get anything about Metroid Prime 4, but it's alright. The reveals we did get were really fun looking, and although I wish he would allow the winners more time to speak, and that we'd have to deal with less ads.. It was a great show nonetheless.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed it for what it was. If you don't like it, don't watch. No one wants to read complaint after complaint.

Lol at how quick the Metroid thread was locked. Looking forward to seeing how those 'insiders' backpedal out of that one.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
As a Nintendo fan, I'm pretty happy. Mortal Kombat coming back to a Nintendo console, Persona 5 effectively being announced. No Metroid doesn't bother me, I already know that game is on the horizon.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
People overreacting and being assholes here towards the insiders for Metroid not happening are why the insiders don't do much or barely share info to begin with because they get attacked the moment they do or if something doesn't work out 100%. :V Very upsetting to see.

The show overall was disappointing as an nintendo fan and an SSB character who doesn't fit Nintendo at all (yet... Unless they put any main Persona game on Switch or link it to SMTV somehow), but good for all the other misc reveals in general. Shocked MK11 is out on Switch and happy the Messenger and Celeste won something even though i think RDR2 winning the music category is BS