• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,316 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 21.2%

• Total voters

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I honestly didn't liked the show at all. It was WAY too long which is obvious it was done that way so they could make space for the huge amount of ads they had to show. I only appreciate that indie studios are getting a lot of exposure with this but other than that. Meh.

Agreed. Enough with this game already. A port of P5 would be hype, but its just another character in Smash
From an advertising perspective, announcing that was a genius move considering Smash launches today and TGA is seen by tons of people, but yeah screw that tbh. I'm beyond done with Smash related stuff. I'm actually sick of hearing the main theme already hah. Let's just hope Persona 5 gets announced for Switch eventually

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this show will be short lived.

Disappointment at some hyped games being missing won't sit well with some fans.

3 and a half hours (including preshow) is far, far too long.

There were some cool moments but I feel 0 desire tuning in ever again.

Last year's show was a good one. This year has me regretting the effort to stay up.
Tbh, we are in a transition phase into next gen. You really shouldn't expect many major announcements right now

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Decent show, but way too light on the announcements for my taste.
Thank goodness for the Tekken 7 character reveals last weekend

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think insiders or teasers need to be banned or blacklisted (what would blacklisting even mean?).

I do think there needs to be consideration as to why hype and emotion is allowed to endlessly fester in days-long speculation threads, just because of an anonymous 4Chan/Reddit post or somebody's cutesy coy Twitter hints. If there's nothing really backing these rumors up then just lock the thread before things get out of hand.

Somehow we went from SamusThumbsUp.GIF to "OMG Nintendo announcing Metroid Prime 1-3 HD Remaster on Thursday!"

Isnt misinformation against the rules or at least rise an infraction considering said person is a Insider?

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Worst part was the ads, best part is probably the meltdowns and some of the awards won God of War, Red Dead, SonicFox. Good night

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Awesome show. A tad too long for my tastes. But give me these live shows over Directs any day.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
After the first award
fe5.gif

After the last award
HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Was there seriously nothing Metroid related at the TGAs? Time to ban all the self-aggrandizing "insiders" or at least not allow threads that are based on nothing. I thought a Metroid Prime 4 tease at least was coming because it was sanctioned by the mods.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
People overreacting and being assholes here towards the insiders for Metroid not happening are why the insiders don't do much or barely share info to begin with because they get attacked the moment they do or if something doesn't work out 100%. :V Very upsetting to see.

Then they should keep it to themselves. Period. If they want to share, they should have a definitive source.

If someone is hinting as a user here, they should have to verify their source with a mod. One strike, you're out and can't spread rumors any more.

They all want all of the fame with none of the work of actual journalism/networking/sourcing/research/digging.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I have stayed up until 6AM for this...

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People overreacting and being assholes here towards the insiders for Metroid not happening are why the insiders don't do much or barely share info to begin with because they get attacked the moment they do or if something doesn't work out 100%. :V Very upsetting to see.

The show overall was disappointing as an nintendo fan and an SSB character who doesn't fit Nintendo at all (yet... Unless they put any main Persona game on Switch or link it to SMTV somehow), but good for all the other misc reveals in general. Shocked MK11 is out on Switch and happy the Messenger and Celeste won something even though i think RDR2 winning the music category is BS
I'd rather they just not say anything then.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy with the outcome, I wish Spider-Man got more recognition. I'm so happy for Cory, God of War was a beautiful game. Well deserved.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.

I know same, but after years and years of hype for these type things only to come up empty you get used to it, I am also not a smash gamer, so roll on MK 11, i think or hope there will be some Playstation conference early 2019 with Death Stranding and possibly ps5 Announced.

I was hoping for one mor Nintendo Direct before this year is out if not maybe January?

The last one was so packed I expect good things especially now Smash is out of the way.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad family responsibilities kept me from watching this show (only caught the Smash announcement to the end.) Sounds like a massive disappointment especially compared to last year. Joker on Smash was like the one thing I did not see coming (did anyone?).

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really great show this year! The production was smooth, engaging, and it kept moving a long without getting dragged down. I'm really pleased to see what TGA has become, and I can't wait to see what the future looks like for the show!

Polite Disagree. It was long winded and full of constant ads and cringe.

Maybe I'm just getting old but it was more a celebration of marketing than it was gaming. Epic swinging its money around constantly and a PUBG Trailer followed by a PUBG Trailer? Really?

At least indie studios got to make a good debut for their games.

Deleted member 11182

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boo at the Metroid no-show. Nintendo really ought to dash such baseless rumors when they take over social media. A simple message two months ago would have been enough to save us the drama.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
The fault lies with the show, not my hopes. Metroid Trilogy HD is such an easy win, it should have been there. Not everyone wants to play smash, which I personally think is a horrid game And NO KOJIMA is crazy. Although it was really nice to see MK 11 come and kick the shit out of all the twee indie crap.

So the fault is for the show because of something that was never announced?

Sounds like you expected too much

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the awards, a lot of the games shown look really good and there's a lot of games in the coming future to look forward too. The orchestra performances were great, and something they should keep doing every year.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know same, but after years and years of hype for these type things only to come up empty you get used to it, I am also not a smash gamer, so roll on MK 11, i think or hope there will be some Playstation conference early 2019 with Death Stranding and possibly ps5 Announced.

I was hoping for one mor Nintendo Direct before this year is out if not maybe January?

The last one was so packed I expect good things especially now Smash is out of the way.

MK11 saved the show for me

So the fault is for the show because of something that was never announced?

Sounds like you expected too much

Sounds like you're right.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Congrats Geoff on the show! Having followed your journey to get everything ready makes me appreciate it even more. Keep going!

Aside from the weird ads and thinking the show was a bit too long, it was honestly great!

Love the way it branched into every aspect of gaming, from the actual awards, to music, indie devs, representation and reveals. Not to mention the awesome start with Reggie, Shawn and Phil.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Production values were off the charts, great job to Geoff and team. How fucking far they've come since the first one, damn.

I do wish their were more big announcements, but obviously studios are holding big announcements back for next gen.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Boo at the Metroid no-show. Nintendo really ought to dash such baseless rumors when they take over social media. A simple message two months ago would have been enough to save us the drama.
Or, people could just learn to keep their hype in check over things that have absolutely no guarantee of happening.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Twas a bust for me. None of the content, be it the "World Premiers" or the games being awarded themselves interested me in the slightest. Definitely not sure I'll tune in next year, especially with the whole "boy who cried wolf" thing going on with rumors this time around.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I say this every year, but, It had it faults, and it was definitely the best one yet. Nice work Geoff!!

I would really love for Daniel Lanois to tour that Red Dead shit around. I would definitely pay good money to see that live.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope people realise and appreciate just how difficult it is to organise and host an event that is the equivalent of the oscars for the gaming industry. Could be a bit tighter in spots sure, but what Geoff has accomplished is nothing short of miraculous. A few more comedic bits would be welcome.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm sorry to everyone who let Boogie and Ninja into their living rooms in hope of a promise of some level of hype and found few announcements. I know already it can't have been worth it. :(

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not Nintendo's responsibility to shoot down every baseless rumor surrounding their software.

What you all need to stop doing is taking the nonsense Twitter "teases" seriously.

There are even mods on this forum who engage in this practice,, so you're just going to have to start ignoring these "insiders" entirely if you want to keep your sanity.

Now, if they want to actually go beyond pointless teases and drop some actual information, that's different. And if they're wrong, they can maybe be a bit open and honest with the community as to what happened. Most (not all) can respect and understand the occasional mistake.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm sorry to everyone who let Boogie and Ninja into their living rooms in hope of a promise of some level of hype and found few announcements. I know already it can't have been worth it. :(

I don't think Boogie was on the show, unless I missed it. I just watched because it was fun...don't care about Ninja, but he didn't come off offensively.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Then they should keep it to themselves. Period. If they want to share, they should have a definitive source.

If someone is hinting as a user here, they should have to verify their source with a mod. One strike, you're out and can't spread rumors any more.

They all want all of the fame with none of the work of actual journalism/networking/sourcing/research/digging.

As someone still bitter at the GCN Virtual Console Rumor being debunked I know how you feel, but Direct Feed was hinting that there was no metroid at TGA itself, just that it was coming soon. I do agree about having random users that share rumors vet with mods first, but still, this is also why people in general need to keep expectations in check.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overall that was a great show. At times the pacing felt like it dragged just a bit, and I felt the 2nd half of the show was a lot stronger than the 1st half in terms of both reveals, and giving the winners more time on stage to talk.

So yeah, another great year for the industry and the show.