• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Out of those nominated, what's your pick for Game Of The Year

• Control

Votes: 368 9.8%
  • Death Stranding

Votes: 784 21.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Votes: 999 26.7%
  • Resident Evil 2

Votes: 687 18.4%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 627 16.8%
  • The Outer Worlds

Votes: 272 7.3%

• Total voters

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Fire Emblem should have been nominated for more categories, and I personally wouldn't have The Outer Worlds as a GotY nominee, but otherwise I like what I see here.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I can understand Fire Emblem being left off Game of the Year, but it absolutely deserves recognition for RPG of the year.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
How the fuck is Samsho and Power Rangers not nominated for best fighter when fucking Jump Force is

Jfc. FGs awards continue to be shunned by the TGAs. Will probably not even get stage time.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
JFC I get that Shadowbringers is an expansion, but it is a crime that it didn't get a nod in Narrative or Score.

Plum

May 31, 2018
FlashyPertinentFerret-size_restricted.gif

GET THOSE NOMS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS

YOU DESERVE TO WIN ALL OF THEM

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
No indie game in the GOTY category while both outer wilds and disco Elysium came out is a bit disappointing. Guess I will throw my support behind RE2 remake.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe Jump Force is listed for best fighting game of the year and Samsho isn't lol
I didn't notice it because Smash was a guarantied winner but now that you bring it up that's a terrible omission. The same goes for FF XIV being left out of best narrative.

The comparison discussions with Disco Elysium and Outer Worlds are going to get really heated for the next couple of months.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My two favorite games from the last year, Disco Elysium and Smash Ultimate are nominated for a shitton of awards.

Feels great :)

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah there's nothing particularly surprising here. Nice to see Control, Disco and Goose getting some nominations.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Art Direction, soundtrack and performance should DS win for sure.
I hope it gets best game and best action adventure as well.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Game of the Year:
Control
Death Stranding
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Resident Evil 2
Sekiro
Outer Worlds

I really think Fire Emblem should have been there on DS spot.

I would give to Outer Worlds.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The nominations for best indie game are all top notch and would almost 100% be my personal noms for GoTY (add in Sayonara Wild Hearts and it'd be perfect).

Not overly fussed by AAA this year - Resi 2 was good and I want to try Control but the rest of the noms are very so-so for me.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 3 got completely shafted. No FE nomination for the RPG category, are you kidding me!?

Edit: Ah, it's in the strategy category, I see now.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Out of these options, my vote would go to Smash, but with it coming out almost a full year ago, I don't think it has a chance to win. My money is on RE2 to secure the win. Shocked to see Control actually got a nomination, I don't recall it being that well received at the time it released.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium not in the GotY category is a travesty.

If it doesn't win Best Narrative, then, well, that's a problem.