• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

The Game Awards GOTY nominees revealed

Oct 26, 2017
Recife
GOTY is:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Persona 5
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Full list: http://thegameawards.com/awards/

Most nominated games

WIth six nominations:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Destiny 2

With five nominations:
- Cuphead

With four nominations:
- Persona 5
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

With three nominations
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- NieR: Automata
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- Resident Evil 7: biohazard

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seems fair. A lot of people would swap in Nier somewhere, though.

It amuses me that 40% of the nominees can still be played on legacy consoles.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Prey got one nomination and that's for Best Action game.

Not Best Art...not best Music....

Disgusting

--

Anyway GOTY this year is pretty clear cut. Gonna be between PUBG and a Nintendo game

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we know it won’t be horizon, persona or PUBG.
PUBG shouldn't be on the list, it should compete next year when it's released. It's honestly the front runner here, despite BOTW and Mario being near perfect games, PUBG is far bigger.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably gonna be BotW, and I loved BotW, but the correct answer is Mario.

I'd like to point out how insane it is that 2 out of 5 GotY spots for one year are from one developer though. We should pretty much give Nintendo the copyright to the year 2017.

Oct 28, 2017
Ack no Hollow Knight in game score... also Divinity had an amazing voice cast, but no way they would get nominated over the big games.
Darkwood is another indie game with no chance that maybe deserved recognition in the sound category.

mjc

Oct 25, 2017
I *think* just in terms of innovation in the series, BOTW would have to win it. No disrespect to the other noms.

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 probably won’t win because Persona but I’m happy to see it on there. Not sure if PUBG belongs on there considering all the games that came out this year but people love it so it’s understandable.

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
PUBG is so broken and lacks so many features and modes and is certainly lacking in gameplay, it's kind of a kick in the balls to many other games released this year :/

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang Guerilla. They bring out a pretty great game in HZD, which would be a home run GOTY in 2016 only to get stomped by two Nintendo games.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Also I'm sorry Brian Bloom is the best voice actor this year, youd be hard pressed to find a voice cast as excellent as Wolfenstein's