• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
REEEAACH FORRR MY HAAAAND ♪

k0HZRGO.gif

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
FE got more 2 millions on sales, probably more than a few GOTY nominee and winner around the community, i'd say the chance is hardly zero.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we rooting against Fire Emblem again? I thought it was a high praised game from critics and community alike.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing: There are probably people gaming the system for FE, but there are probably also people doing the opposite too and voting fallen order to prevent FE from winning. I can see a bunch of people choosing fallen order to prevent a "weeb" game from winning

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Here's the thing: There are probably people gaming the system for FE, but there are probably also people doing the opposite too and voting fallen order to prevent FE from winning. I can see a bunch of people choosing fallen order to prevent a "weeb" game from winning
Imagine if some people that voted for RE2 or DMC5 did that (or any other japanese game). That'd be pretty dumb.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I see. Well I am a little bit surprised FE is above Smash but I am not gonna complain because both are fantastic games which would deserve the award.

I'm surprised too, despite thinking FE is the better game. I was totally expecting Smash to just run away with it.

My gut feeling is that with Smash already nominated for so many categories and likely to take home some awards already, versus FE who is pretty widely considered to be widely overlooked for the TGA, that people have gone for the 'underdog', and then as Smash has gotten further and further behind, having Smash voters jump to Fire Emblem

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Also, there were a lot of Fire Emblem mentions in every Game Awards tweets, even before the nominations.

It seems like the game had a huge impact for a lot of people.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see DinoPulsar's reaction if FE manages to win the era goty lol
Resident Evil 2 has in the bag as should be.
This is what happens when you can see the results.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Gonna be 100% honest.
I would like FE to win, but the greatest satisfaction would come when geoff has to read that ds came in last among the finalists of the fan vote.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Even though this probably does have a lot to do with fans organizing to get the snubs in the top spot so they get some recognition, it's not like they don't deserve it.

Fire Emblem is one of the most acclaimed games of this year, and it's awesome to see it get recognition as a fan voted GOTY at a big award show like this considering how relatively niche the genre is

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
RE2 is my GOTY, but goddamn, FE3H is my runner up and it got snubbed hard with the nominations.
It deserves this.
I want it to win this.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Voted for FE

Let's go. Only one nomination was total bullshit. Let that team get on stage since the strategy award is gonna be one of those they just mention

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Among the 4 in the day 3 poll that was an easy choice for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Loved my time with that game this year, I consider Smash a 2018 game, Death Stranding is just outside my top 10 of 2019, and Star Wars just looks decent.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My god looks like Fire Emblem is going to win.

One of the biggests comebacks in gaming. (at least of the decade)

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Fire Emblem got a little bit higher in the vote at 31%, but it wouldn't surprise me if Star Wars won. Its understandable. Its a good game tied to the biggest entertainment IP of all media and Star Wars Fans felt it got snubbed hard in the proper GOTY awards so they'll push for that. Also its the only one left in that poll where its available on XBOX 1 and (as of right now) PC, so you gotta think the XBOX 1 and PC crowd who played Jedi Fallen Order is rallying behind that game. Especially if these voters' previous favorite games (Control, Gears 5, DMCV, etc.) couldn't make the cut from the previous rounds and Star Wars is the next game they've played or like the most of the 4 options.
Marvel Mario and Pokemon are all bigger than Star Wars.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Just like with Death Stranding winning IGN's poll, rallying is part of the fun of these polls.

Props to Fire Emblem fans beating out Star Wars fans.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It would be really cool to see Smash take goty and FE take the fan vote.
Wonder how much chance smash has of beating out resident evil 2 and death stranding

I know it atleast probably won the user votes out of the nominated games going by the other poll, so that gives it a small boost right from the start

Last edited:

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Fire Emblem started the day with 44 percent; it would be wild as hell if it could get that high again