• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
23348135_909949109167778_4594191426924838912_n.jpg
that was not a criticism

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I can't open the WINNER page so I guess it's really going to be announced live.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The moment I realized FE was going to take it I decided to "waste" my vote on Smash, which was a distant 3rd place behind Star Wars at the time. Now I'm glad that my vote helped Smash overtake Star Wars.

Anyway, grats to FE:TH! Game is amazing and fully deserves it.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
let's be real, he's gonna announce it in passing in between best n-gage game and best esports event caterer.
I mean, this is the award for which the result is already known (so it's less of an exciting award to present), and it wasn't in the plans for the longest time I think (might have been a reaction to the GOTY backlash). It's very likely this is relegated to an inconspicuous spot in the show.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
It's funny how Three Houses won the Player's Voice but only got nominated for Best Strategy game.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this is the award for which the result is already known (so it's less of an exciting award to present), and it wasn't in the plans for the longest time I think (might have been a reaction to the GOTY backlash). It's very likely this is relegated to an inconspicuous spot in the show.
i think he will properly announce it, but it won't be a big deal or get a separate announcer.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is the first GOTY FETH has won this year, btw. No other is mentioned on GOTYpicks. I wonder why it wins so few awards, being so highly rated and evidently well-loved by the gaming community.

May 5, 2018
Happy to see Fire Emblem take home the Player's Voice award! Well deserved. Someone on the Game Awards OT told me this will likely be a brief award handed out off stage and I think it might be the case too, but I'd like to see Geoff or some other presenter announce the winner and let the IS and Tecmo Koei devs accept the award. Its unlikely considering this award was just announced this week, but it would be cool.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
So happy to see Fire Emblem won. Honourable mention for the runner ups, Smash and Star Wars.

Now the hegemony of crests can finally end.

k0HZRGO.gif

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Well, FE3H is certainly a good strategy rpg, but I am really surprised to see it dominating this poll. DS is so low and Sekiro didn't even make it far! I think Fallen Order benefited from a recent release, otherwise I doubt it would be that high.

Still, quite refreshing to see FE getting so much love! Hey Intelligent Systems and Nintendo, maybe people would also enjoy other strategy games on the Switch.. you know, like Advance Wars.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great! I actually signed up to vote for FE since I truly believed it deserved a nomination for GOTY. I also voted for Smash to win GOTY and Ring Fit Adventure for Family Game (sorry, Mario Maker 2) since it deserves love too.
i voted for yoshi for family game. that was probably a wasted vote :/

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The vote count colours before it ended were also a representation of the routes for Three houses.
At nr1 with a wide lead, the unifier of three houses was Black Eagles in red.
Second place lead by a charismatic Jedi leader, but ultimately lacking was Golden Deer.
Third place goes to the smashed Blue Lions, living on to fight for GOTY another day.(aka later in the show)
Stranded in last place is the church led by their Messia who turns out to be a monster in the end.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean didn't they say they'd be announcing this award's winner on the show? I mean granted due to how it was conducted we know the winner already, but still
Sometimes they literally just do a "while the ads were running, we gave out awards to the following" and then rush through the lists unceremoniously.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 not being nominated for music was some high key BS. Almost as bad as Smash not getting a music nomination despite it being a love letter to the industry with great original tones too.
My wife and roommate are both playing through XB2 right now and gushing over the soundtrack.

I can only assume everyone had a collective brainfart the year Xenoblade 2 came out, because it's got a god-tier soundtrack.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Is someone making a thread when it has officially won?
Honestly had no idea Fire Emblem had that many fans.
I've seen some KH3 fans rally on this game too for some reason. So I guess it's more than just a single fanbase (just like many nintendo fans had both on previous days, then chose to back FE on the final day).

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much does the user vote for game of year nominee help the game?

Not talking about players voice vote