• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the horizontal voting interface on their website is just terrible. Who designed that?

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
QuarrelsomeBetterDikkops-size_restricted.gif
I miss him

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Just tried on PC and it worked. I'm also gonna chime in and say that the horizontal scrolling is a terrible design for this.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Voted for RE2, Gears 5, and Modern Warfare. Hope RE2 makes it to the end somehow.

Dec 2, 2017
I pressed the Sekiro button a lot.

Shame Fire Emblem only got nominated in the strategy category & not rpg.

No idea how The Division got into the multiplayer GOTY category but not Destiny 2. D2 had a way bigger year.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Era. Voted:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Astral Chain

For Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

source.gif

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah let's get Fire Emblem in bois.

I'm extremely indifferent about everything else. I went to the voting site, saw the GOTY nominees, and was like, eh, yeah I'm good. I only want to champion Sayonara Wild Hearts for Score and GRIS for art direction.
I would champion Beat Saber, but come on that game released May 2018, what's it doing here.

otretas

Nov 1, 2017
People should stop downplaying smash because of its community. What the game has is something remarkable in terms of scope and no game can pass its ambition.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Luigi and Outer Wilds snubbed again, what is going on? Voted for Astral Chain, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and The Outer Worlds then.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at that list of choices certainly does highlight how many fantastic games have released this year.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Voted for:
1. Fire Emblem Three Houses
2. Astral Chain
3. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

Didn't play anything else on that list lol

Nice to see this voting as well, gives the public a venue to express their opinion apart from the main GOTY awards. FETH doing great!

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
I voted for Resident Evil 2, Modern Warfare and Death Stranding (was a close race between this and Fire Emblem).

Anyway, I like that they decided to do a category like this.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What is with everyone acting like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the big, bad, unbeatable awards show darling? No game in the Smash series has ever won a single major game of the year award. And now you don't think it should win a fan vote despite having the biggest...fan community?

People should stop downplaying smash because of its community. What the game has is something remarkable in terms of scope and no game can pass its ambition.

This here. As the developers have said, a game like Smash Ultimate may never happen again. I hate that it's a 2019 nom, but Ultimate deserves to take the show, even just as a representative of the series (which, again, has pushed the boundaries of ambition for two decades and been largely ignored come award season).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Voted for Smash, RE2 and Fire Emblem.
Really wanted to vote for Sekiro, but since it already got a ton of nominations, meanwhile FE only got one, I decided to go for FE. Glad to see that Smash and FE are leading.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Voted fro Gears 5, Death Stranding and Control, my three games of the year.

Odd that Smash Bros is winning.