• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I went with the very direct quote in case someone wants to read that differently than new IPs.

Geoff Keighley, awards' host and organizer, said in an interview with GamesBeat that the show will feature world premiere announcements of two new games based on properties that players have never seen before. It will also feature announcements such as new map for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, one of the most popular new games of 2017 with more than 20 million copies sold. (Here's the list of nominees).

"At least two games are brand-new game worlds that no one has ever seen before," Keighley said. "It becomes a sport to guess which ones they will be."
Source: https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/06/...of-revelations-gamer-culture-and-celebrities/

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A game set in brazil outside of São Paulo ? =O

A game .... set in africa outside of safari zones ? =O

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A new planet for Metroid Prime 4? That would technically be a new Game World.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"At least two games are brand-new game worlds that no one has ever seen before," Keighley said. "It becomes a sport to guess which ones they will be."

Sounds a little strange, what's the point in even guessing if it's something completely brand new?

Unless it isn't new IP but just new locations for existing games.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
1. Some new world no one has seen before inhabited by beloved characters Dante, Nero, and Vergil

2. The cool brand new world of Death Stranding

geoff pls

STGHMAAV

Oct 26, 2017
Rogue Squadron IV with all the sequels ships and heroes because in one week it would be The Last Jedi. And no one will see the movie and all the new content before.

How can I be that fool?

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Why is The Game Awards revealing games?
I thought Geoff started TGA to get away from the blatant commercial bent of the previous show he used to do.

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps one of those could a new IP from Retro Studios? Would be pretty nice to see them bring a new core franchise to Nintendo's repertoire

Personally expecting a new IP from an indie studio or from Sony but one from Retro Studios would be a nice surprise

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Geoff started TGA to get away from the blatant commercial bent of the previous show he used to do.
He covers that in the interview:

Purists tell Keighley that it should only be about awards, but he said that polls suggest that gamers favor the revelations. The combination of awards and revelations gives the game creators the largest possible audience for their big moments.

"We're going to bring out Carol Shaw, who was the first successful video game programmer of River Raid back in 1980," Keighley said. "Her story has been lost in time. We're going to bring her to the show, and millions of people will be able to understand her story because we have these world premieres."

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Because people love announcements and that drives up views.

Geoff gotta eat, bro.

Besides, I think he mostly wanted to get away from the corporate meddling of working under Spike TV or whatever.

Nintendojitsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
SoftOddHapuku-max-1mb.gif

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Could be something with the hype levels of Dauntless from last year. I like Geoff and this award show and am really looking forward to tomorrow night, but in general I think Geoff tends to overhype and under deliver. We shall see, just keep that hype in check!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The article implies they are based on existing properties, but the quote sounds like new IP.

I'll guess that Retro's game will be there.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure everyone will keep their expectations in check and we will keep our hype levels down.

Right?

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
You're 4 years too late asking that question buddy. You would have known this for 4 years yet you only ask now, or is it the same question you ask every year? It's a game award show that reveals games, it's not hard to understand.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
The wording of that is extremely suspect. If they were new unseen games why wouldn't he say that directly? Also he says it will be a sport to guess them, but if no one has ever seen them before, how can they be guessed? In which case he might mean which existing games they are new worlds for, meaning they aren't new games.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
How many people just wait for the reveals then skip the rest though? I know I do. Don't really care for the whole AAA circlejerk.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance it could be one of the unnanounced games Bethesda are doing before TES6? I don't know the latest on those.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I doubt it will be something this big, but I'm really curious as to what Rocksteady is working on.

My guess is maybe a new Lego Game (Lego Star Wars TLJ?)
It'd be cool if they brought in something from Riot, like that fighting game that got canned...can't think of the name
A new FROM IP would be the dream announcement though

Debiddo

Nov 11, 2017
Is there any chance it could be one of the unnanounced games Bethesda are doing before TES6? I don't know the latest on those.

This is what I'm hoping for; the fabled Starfield reveal with a neat 2018 release planned with more to show at E3 (unless it's a shock short time frame release like they did with Fallout 4).