• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

After close consultation with our partners in the game development industry and community around the world, we've made the difficult decision to postpone the Game Developers Conference this March.

Having spent the past year preparing for the show with our advisory boards, speakers, exhibitors, and event partners, we're genuinely upset and disappointed not to be able to host you at this time .

We want to thank all our customers and partners for their support, open discussions and encouragement. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at GDC. For this reason, we fully intend to host a GDC event later in the summer. We will be working with our partners to finalize the details and will share more information about our plans in the coming weeks.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
After close consultation with our partners in the game development industry and community around the world, we've made the difficult decision to postpone the Game Developers Conference this March.
Having spent the past year preparing for the show with our advisory boards, speakers, exhibitors, and event partners, we're genuinely upset and disappointed not to be able to host you at this time .
We want to thank all our customers and partners for their support, open discussions and encouragement. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at GDC. For this reason, we fully intend to host a GDC event later in the summer. We will be working with our partners to finalize the details and will share more information about our plans in the coming weeks.

yeah, they had to at this point.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Was so looking forward to it this year. :(

However a good move as the health and well being of employees comes first.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks for the devs but understandable. I hope that they can find an alternate solution with publishers.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, an old college friend was going to give a talk about the AI in Death Stranding :(. Was looking forward to that.

edit: Looks like I'll just have to wait longer if it's postponed, yay.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Better safe than sorry in this case. I'm sure Pence being "in charge" of this shit over here and his known insane incompetence helped seal the deal.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
It must be heartbreaking to do all this preparation and then cancel the event. They made the right choice, IMO. Video games can wait.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Makes them look insanely weak. The flu is way more of a concern and has a way higher chance of being there, but still GDC shows up every flu season...

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
"Postponed" is them being desperate. They're issuing refunds for the conference itself. Very little chance that attendees will re-book travel unless the coronavirus situation is resolved in like the next month, so logistically it can't really work unless there's a miracle turn around in the way it's trending.

Oct 28, 2017
I hope that some sort of handle is put on it in the coming months. I already bought tickets to travel to Chicago in September for Riot Fest and I would be extremely disappointed if it got axed, though I would certainly understand. Granted, that's a long time from now, but we have no idea how long this will persist.