• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many console did you buy this gen?

Votes: 425 15.3%

Votes: 669 24.1%

Votes: 551 19.8%

Votes: 361 13.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 678 24.4%
  • 10+ (yes I know!!!!)

Votes: 94 3.4%

• Total voters

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
PS Vita
PS4
PS4 Pro
3DS
N3DS
Wii U
Switch
Xbox One X

I wouldn't have gotten two Playstations usually, but Monster Hunter World forced my hand. My wife and I have co-oped it for years, and weren't about to stop.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ah I put 2 but didn't consider ps4pro, so actually 3. Switch was my other. This next gen I might actually get ps5 and Xbox as currently they sound like they're both going for totally separate audiences

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, 5+ is the biggest group.

I bought a original ps4 for Bloodborne. Also played Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank on it.
Then it collected dust till Death Stranding.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Really didn't expect 5+ to have the most votes. I have the launch model PS4 and haven't really had any reason to buy anything else than maybe switch.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Not including handhelds:
PS4 x3
Traded in one to get a PS4 Pro
Launch XBox 1
Traded Xbox 1 for Xbone
Switch x2
If Wii U counts then 3x Wii U. Bought the other 2 on discount since I wanted tablet spares in the future.

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Destiny White
Xbox One Forza Blue
Switch Mario Red
PS4 Pro God of War
PS4 Pro 500 Million
PS4 Pro Death Stranding
Switch Lite Turquoise

I have a fondness for special edition consoles, and never thought I'd get as many PS4 Pros as I have, but justify that it means having systems set up at different TVs at home. I never got around to getting an Xbox One X, or even an Xbox One S, but realized that it would be a waste considering how little Xbox I tend to play. I couldn't resist preordering an Animal Crossing switch because of how cute it looks.

I know there's debate over Wii U counts for this generation or last. If it counts for this gen, I have one of the Zelda model Wii Us.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
I had two standard PS4s and a pro, an Xbox One, an S and an X a Switch and a WiiU (that's this gen right?). There's a few 3DSs and a Vita in there as well if they count.