• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this transcript is as excruciating as listening to an episode of RadioLab. Just get to the point and tell me the mystery.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boat..................................................................paint...............................not alien spaceship paint or is it......................

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
But WHY. Why does boat paint need glitter in it, as opposed to all the other paints that don't need glitter.

I'm sure it's in the transcript but...

<- not gonna read it right now

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
For visibility, of course. Glitter is extremely reflective and has no energy cost.
Thanks!
I guess I don't get why boat paint was the mystery then. I mean... it's kinda obvious? Maybe it wasn't... I haven't looked at a boat in a long time.

I feel like there's MORE mystery to it all... but I'll eventually listen to the clip.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't doubt that is the answer, but it's way too anticlimactic after that woman pumped everything up in the interview.

Paint is one of the most obvious things and I don't see why anyone would be embarrassed or shocked to find that out.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Reading this transcript is as excruciating as listening to an episode of RadioLab. Just get to the point and tell me the mystery.
a lot of people tell me im too picky about podcasts I listen to, but having never listened to this particular podcast and then now reading this transcript...some people shouldn't have podcast equipment.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Trump is going to put glitter in bombs and commit warcrimes. The propaganda footage will make it look like some poor fuckers are just having a disco party.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt that is the answer, but it's way too anticlimactic after that woman pumped everything up in the interview.

Paint is one of the most obvious things and I don't see why anyone would be embarrassed or shocked to find that out.

They and the people interviewed suggest the secrecy is really just about competition (from China, specifically)

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
But WHY. Why does boat paint need glitter in it, as opposed to all the other paints that don't need glitter.

I'm sure it's in the transcript but...

<- not gonna read it right now
Because they don't use paint. They use some clear gel that protects the fiberglass from water, and mix that gel with glitter.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fishing boat paint....

e481653b29aedb266b6ec762d827c1499563e00b.pjpg
Damn. He called it.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Boat paint doesn't fit the original exchange in ANY WAY. It's a total red herring.

Weaver: "Why can't you disclose this buyer?"
Dyer: "Because they don't want anyone to know that it's glitter."
Boat paint is obviously fucking glitter. Why would boat paint companies not want anyone to know they're suing glitter? It fucking looks like glitter.

Weaver: "If I looked at it, I wouldn't know it was glitter?"
Dyer: "No, not really."
Yes you would! Anyone who's ever looked at one of those gaudy ass glittery boats has gone "Damn, they really glittered up that boat."

Weaver: "Would I be able to see the glitter?"
Dyer: "Oh, you'd be able to see something. But it's — yeah, I can't."
How does this even begin to square with the bald faced obviousness of the boat paint answer?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Boat paint doesn't fit the original exchange in ANY WAY. It's a total red herring.

Boat paint is obviously fucking glitter. Why would boat paint companies not want anyone to know they're suing glitter? It fucking looks like glitter.

Yes you would! Anyone who's ever looked at one of those gaudy ass glittery boats has gone "Damn, they really glittered up that boat."

How does this even begin to square with the bald faced obviousness of the boat paint answer?

I'm with ya. Boat paint makes 0 sense.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Other than make-up, boat paint jobs and fishing tackle is literally the thing I associate most with glitter products. Such a dumb "secret"

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a lame answer that I refuse to believe it.

I mean...you can look at a glitter paint covered lake craft, it doesn't look special. It looks like fucking glitterpaint you'd see on a custom car.
1975-Checkmaate.jpg

How the fuck does this even classify as a secret?

"the public doesn't know....the people who love glitter the most are custom car and boat owners..."

where does AAAALLLLLL the glitter go? hobby paint? oh...

not buying it. it's ufos.

Last edited:

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've read the word "glitter" too many times now and its lost all meaning. Glitter. Sounds like something inappropriate in german.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Pretty sure it's used in fireworks to produce the color. I think it may also be used in material meant to set off metal detectors, like certain plastics used in industrial food production.