• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

The Good Fight Season 3 |OT| Good liberals go bad (and get a song number)

Nov 3, 2017
I’m done with Trump being the subject of every conversation.
Yea, it’s getting really stupid. It seems they have nothing for Diane to do . I like the trump stuff in regards to Julius/Geoffrey. But the angle with Diane/Kurt sucks.

This episode felt like filler. Only like 15 minutes of stuff I cared about. Firm/courtroom stuff.

They are overdoing the sheen thing a bit, but for the most part I like it. I thought he would be like Lizbit?(red head from true blood) awkward way of doing things but is very smart. Seems he is just a crazy scumbag?

I loved the thing he and Maia did in court with the folder of coupons/menus.

I’m assuming since they got that actor for Geoffrey, that isn’t the last we see of him.

Didn’t like the scene with her and the baby.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree with you guys at all—Trump, semi-ironically, feels like what this show needed. Focusing on him is what saved the show in season 2 (I enjoyed the first season well enough, but I think most will agree Bernie Madoff-esque plot wasn't working).

Anyway, this episode was a dud for me. I didn't like that new lawyer Maia worked with at all. Maia should get rid of the lollipop and then report him to the judge. :/

Separately, I apparently need to educate myself more on Roy Cohn. I knew he was Trump's lawyer and did some shady stuff, but not much else? Any good podcast episodes on the subject I can listen to? (Needs to be audio.)

OP
OP
berzeli
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with you guys at all—Trump, semi-ironically, feels like what this show needed. Focusing on him is what saved the show in season 2 (I enjoyed the first season well enough, but I think most will agree Bernie Madoff-esque plot wasn't working).
Yeah, being unabashedly Trump centric and amping up the surrealism of living under the Trump administration really works for me as well. But then again, I was one of those who really liked the politics subplots in The Good Wife.
Separately, I apparently need to educate myself more on Roy Cohn. I knew he was Trump's lawyer and did some shady stuff, but not much else? Any good podcast episodes on the subject I can listen to? (Needs to be audio.)
Oh, Roy Cohn was the devil. I don't know any good long form podcast on him, but this is a neat 26 minutes that is based on an Esquire profile. It kinda only gets into some of the basics of what he did, but it paints a rather vivid portrait of him as a person.
Cohn is also a pretty central figure in Angels in America, which is a terrific play, that also has a terrific HBO adaptation with Al Pacino as Cohn, featuring Merryl Streep and Emma Thompson, and is directed by Mike Nichols.

Nov 3, 2017
I like the trump/politics stuff when it is serious. For example the Julius stuff/ mags from last season vetting the firms for a potential impeachment etc.

The trump/ political dynamics within the firm I like.

The stuff with Diane/Kurt/hunting is just a waste for me.