• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
3yLIKAX.jpg

The world went crazy in The Good Fight's second season, and now, in Season 3, the resistance does. Diane Lockhart tries to figure out whether you can resist a crazy administration without going crazy yourself, while Adrian Bosemanand Liz Reddick-Lawrence struggle with a new post-factual world where the lawyer who tells the best story triumphs over the lawyer with the best facts. Meanwhile, Lucca Quinn balances a new baby with a new love, and Maia Rindell finds a new Mephistopheles in Roland Blum, a lawyer who is corruption incarnate.

The Good Fight streams on
US: CBS All-Access, March 14
Nordics: HBO Nordic, March 14
UK: Channel 4, TBA
Germany: Fox, April 24

A6JQ2CJ.jpg

kve8aIK.jpg
QTlHUQE.jpg
kkmilUu.jpg

Queen Baranski | Cush Jumbo | Delroy Lindo

EJUVcEC.jpg
7Tp8R47.jpg
4lLQv71.jpg

Audra McDonald | Michael Sheen | Rose Leslie

BeVJhTy.jpg
QRUXhG6.jpg
928GyLZ.jpg

Sarah Steele | Nyambi Nyambi | Michael Boatman

MJ5T0Iz.jpg

THR: "The Good Fight has, in very short order, become a terrific show in its own right"
Vulture: Hold on Tight, The Good Fight Season 3 Is a Wild Ride
EW: The Good Fight is the best show on TV

MKwTdWT.jpg

Vanity Fair: The Good Fight Show-Runners on (Not) Impeaching Trump and the Nature of Evil
The Ringer: Is a TV Show Good If No One Talks About It?
LA Times: Christine Baranski on Les Moonves and 'The Good Fight's' unapologetic Trump resistance
EW: So. Much. Glamour. A peek inside the Good Fight wardrobe closet
The Atlantic: Christine Baranski Leads the Best #Resistance Show on Television

B6SuIqQ.jpg

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on this one currently, love everything about it. Will join in once I'm up to date, Michael Sheen added on sounds like a dream!

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
btw, this is my mood board (and I nearly made the OT nothing but this image):
8uApIdS.jpg

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready! Love me some Good Fight.

I still can't believe they haven't done any sort of cameo with Julianna Margulies (I don't say that in a bad way, at all).

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready! Love me some Good Fight.

I still can't believe they haven't done any sort of cameo with Julianna Margulies (I don't say that in a bad way, at all).
Julianna Margulies Almost Reprised Her 'Good Wife' Role On 'The Good Fight': "I Really Wanted To Do It"
"Me and the Kings actually just recently had a call because they had this great idea," Margulies told Deadline at the National Geographic TCA spring soiree. "I said, 'You know what? I would love to.' But the deal didn't happen."

Asked whether a guest appearance on The Good Fight could happen in the future, Margulies said, "I don't think so. I think we've put the idea to bed this time, unfortunately. I really wanted to do it."
Talking about Season 3 of The Good Fight at TCA last week, Robert King confirmed that bringing Alicia back was briefly considered.

"We thought maybe about making a big episode where she would be at the resistance, Diane and her face each other," he told reporters. "But that would be the end of the story. It felt like an asterisk."
His comments echoed the Kings' statement about Alicia possibly appearing on The Good Fight at the launch of the series in 2017. "We discussed with Julianna the idea of visiting, but we all agreed: no matter what we did, that would then become the true end to the Good Wife story, and that's unfortunate," they told Deadline at the time.

There was also the whole thing about her allegedly being hard to work with, notably the whole feud thing with Archie Panjabi.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Wife and I are (kind-of) rewatching The Good Wife. She dropped out around episode 6 of S6, so she's not seen The Slap, but she prefers The Good Fight anyway, so we're both really looking forward to this. I was/am hoping for a cameo from one of the secondary characters from The Good Wife, to be honest as Alicia is not that interesting a character - I always felt Grace, Eli, Cary and Kalinda were more interesting, complex, characters. (And Diane, obviously, but she's already in the series. :p ).

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This show is so great. Can't wait. Would love to see Cary or Kalinda make a guest appearance but its fine if they don't.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 1 (don't worry I won't post spoilers since I know we get them early in the Nordics). But I'm so glad to have it back, and it's just as good (if not even better) as we left it. I laughed, I gasped, and felt more than a little anger.

The move to a full on 2.35:1 aspect ratio wasn't one I was expecting but the show utilises it really well (this might be the best the show has ever looked), and the new intro adds some Busby Berkeley-esque flair to it which looks amazing.

All-in-all, well worth the wait.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode, consistently great as ever. I still believe that the writers don't know what to do with Maia's character since the first season and it shows.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Explaining what an NDA is in cartoon form was probably unnecessary considering it's probably the ONE legal document EVERYONE is familiar with but other than that, pretty good episode.

Maia's glasses stint was pretty rad. Also who made that website for her? Lol was kinda hoping that reddickbosemanlockhart.net was a real thing. :p

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Excellent return, minus the absurdist Trump references. Kinda wish those were left in the past. Kurt hiring himself out to the Trump boys? Sure, makes sense, lead to some character interesting tension and tied back to an old storyline. Diane having a conversation with a terrible Trump impersonator manifesting itself as a bruise on Kurt's shoulder? Ehhh.

Also the Eli Gold tease in the 'coming this season' trailer at the end of the episode is brutal. Don't taunt me like that, bring him back! I guess I'll live with those glorious Michael Sheen scenes.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I do think they're relying too much on Trump. We all know he's controversial and a POS, but it's 2019, it lost the novelty after the first season.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Excellent return, minus the absurdist Trump references. Kinda wish those were left in the past. Kurt hiring himself out to the Trump boys? Sure, makes sense, lead to some character interesting tension and tied back to an old storyline. Diane having a conversation with a terrible Trump impersonator manifesting itself as a bruise on Kurt's shoulder? Ehhh.

Also the Eli Gold tease in the 'coming this season' trailer at the end of the episode is brutal. Don't taunt me like that, bring him back! I guess I'll live with those glorious Michael Sheen scenes.
Yea, the silly trump stuff like the deep throat scenes I don't like. I like when they did the thing with Julius though. I don't mind the whole thing with getting trump impeached either.

———————
So........are they just leaving the thread of Maia cheating on her girlfriend open?

They focused on the fact it was recorded and we already know that mags/the dnc lady turned all the video over to the republicans.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So........are they just leaving the thread of Maia cheating on her girlfriend open?
By now it should be clear that none of Maia's story lines will ever matter. (feel free to quote this when the back half of the season turns back to focus exclusively on her parents and girlfriend).
Is the good wife worth finishing?

I think I stopped during the season Alicia and.....Kalinda?
Well. Season 6 is fine. Season 7 is not. You do miss out on the slap if you don't finish it though.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent episode. I think it might be my favourite one so far. Punished Maia to COOL MAIA and the DNA song were absolute delights. And like, I feel like they're balancing the humour with the actual plot, while also giving each character something to do, a lot better than previous seasons.

There's an excellent set-up for a full season, so I'm excited to see where the show goes from here.
aw yiss
Is the good wife worth finishing?

I think I stopped during the season Alicia and.....Kalinda?
There's only a season or two without Kalinda, and while they aren't as good as the Kalinda years they're still worth watching IMO. Season 7 is a low point, but that's kinda by design.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So is Maia a character again, or is she still a glorified extra? lol
It's a bit funny how the writers seemingly gave up and made it the Lucca and Diane show.
Which is weird to me, because I really thought she was supposed to be the protagonist when everything was announced.
Season 1 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Maia
Season 2 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Maia
Season 3 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Adrian
🤐

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... initially, I thought Maia was going to be The Good Fight's Alicia, but after all the focus on her in Season 1 they've basically done nothing with her.

Like, I didn't like the whole Rindell scandal arc in S1, but that was because I found its conclusion obvious. The characters weren't the problem (except for how painfully naive Maia was like omg).

Hope Maia gets some good stuff this season.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Maia
Season 2 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Maia
Season 3 keyart: Diane, Lucca, Adrian
🤐
The season 1 keyart... remember nasty women?

Haha, at least the actress gets a paycheck. lol

Yeah... initially, I thought Maia was going to be The Good Fight's Alicia, but after all the focus on her in Season 1 they've basically done nothing with her.

Like, I didn't like the whole Rindell scandal arc in S1, but that was because I found its conclusion obvious. The characters weren't the problem (except for how painfully naive Maia was like omg).

Hope Maia gets some good stuff this season.
Yeah, they tried to redo Alicia's origin story and then did nothing with it...

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was good. Wow.

Can someone please give me a refresher of who the flower-pot parking-lot girl was? I think I totally forgot about this?

I am loving Maia's "da da" soundtrack.

Well. Season 6 is fine. Season 7 is not. You do miss out on the slap if you don't finish it though.

Hard disagree. Everyone should just pretend that Seasons 6 and 7 of TGW don't exist. Both seasons have some good episodes, but it's not enough. Season 5 is the right note to end on anyway.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was good. Wow.

Can someone please give me a refresher of who the flower-pot parking-lot girl was? I think I totally forgot about this?

I am loving Maia's "da da" soundtrack.
One of Trump's pee-tape prostitutes, I think? I barely remember myself...

I'm still waiting for it to be revealed as a hallucination 'cause it's so ridiculously clandestine.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Man I loved the premiere. The Maia stuff was probably my favorite. The crying. The glasses. The website. This show has such a good sense of humor. The whole case was interesting too.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the second episode. Michael Sheen is a damn delight, and it was nice to see a good Maia-centric episode.