• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Apologies for bumping without a date for S3 or anything, but I did want to note that there's an official podcast with Mike Schur out now. People seem to be enjoying it. The Good Place official podcast.
Appreciate the heads up. Thank you

edit: I think it was a good call to make Marc the host instead of Mike. Hopefully that helps elucidate better questions since Mike kind of already knows everything.

Last edited:

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first episode of the podcast. That was forking awesome. Loved all the insight from Schur. And Marc Evan Jackson who plays Sean said he scoured the internet to see if anyone saw the twist coming and he only found 1 person on reddit that kinda called it but he forgot about his theory until someone brought it up. Was great hearing how they put so much effort into hiding the twist. They really nailed it since that swerve was jaw dropping.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I watched the 2 seasons in one go and the twist took me by surprise, one of the most memorable show moments in a while for me. I was glad I could watch what happened right away. This end-season hook is a bit less tantalising but still can't wait til it's back. Favorite ongoing show together with BCS and Atlanta.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sepinwall for Rolling Stone: 'The Good Place' Creator Mike Schur on Season 2's Debate-Spawning Finale
From the origins of Jake Jortles to the mystery of Chidi's American accent, every lingering question about NBC's most enlightened sitcom, answered
As he did after the first season, Good Place creator Michael Schur went radio silent for several months to let the audience consider the finale's ramifications without being influenced by the voice of the show's deity. Now, he's finally ready to spill via a long email interview, as he clarifies where exactly the four dum-dums are, discusses what it was like to put former Cheers star Ted Danson behind a bar again, explains some more about how his version of the afterlife functions and a lot more:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I really need S2 to hit Netflix to tide me over until September. There were way too many good moments this season and I already rewatched P&R and S1.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
If anyone is going to San Diego Comic-Con, NBC will have a full exhibit that will make you feel like you're actually in The Good Place! I wish I went this year if only for this:

https://tvline.com/2018/07/10/the-good-place-comic-con-interactive-experience-season-3-nbc/

Here's an artist's rendering of what it will look like next week:

the-good-place-comic-con.jpg

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
slightly off topic, but one of the writers for this show wanted an emmy for 'shortform comedy series', wrote and shot a shortform comedy series called "an Emmy for Megan", and wound up being nominated for an Emmy for it. One of the most surreal and hilarious things i've ever seen
https://vimeo.com/266625416

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
slightly off topic, but one of the writers for this show wanted an emmy for 'shortform comedy series', wrote and shot a shortform comedy series called "an Emmy for Megan", and wound up being nominated for an Emmy for it. One of the most surreal and hilarious things i've ever seen
https://vimeo.com/266625416

I don't know how to say this without spoiling that series:

It's begging for a crossover in TGP...because of what happened.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to note that the podcast is still rolling. They're onto Ep 8, and they also released the panel discussion from Comic Con as an audio ep. Well worth listening to if you're interested in how the show comes together.
Apologies for bumping without a date for S3 or anything, but I did want to note that there's an official podcast with Mike Schur out now. People seem to be enjoying it. The Good Place official podcast.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The official podcast is so good. Listened to the D'arcy Carden episode yesterday and started the Danson episode this morning and it's just so much fun to listen to everyone involved with the show talk about it.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I was just coming to the thread to talk about how awesome the podcast is. On Episode 5 and every episode has been a joy to listen to.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Reading around apparently Jameela Jamil was a complete newbie? Didn't expect that, her acting is really good.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Reading around apparently Jameela Jamil was a complete newbie? Didn't expect that, her acting is really good.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/05/21/good-place-star-jameela-jamil-told-old-ethnic-fat-us/
Despite moving to LA without a job or even a plan, she landed a part in sitcom The Good Place in her first audition, thanks to some white lies: "I lied in my audition. I said I'd mostly done theatre because it's harder to track down."

"Technically it's not a lie because when I was six I played Oliver's mother in my school play. I was creative with the truth."

I love how American Hollywood casting agents just assume anyone with a posh british accent must of course have an extensive theater/play career and of course that immediately translates well to TV. I mean, just look at Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen!

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/05/21/good-place-star-jameela-jamil-told-old-ethnic-fat-us/
Despite moving to LA without a job or even a plan, she landed a part in sitcom The Good Place in her first audition, thanks to some white lies: "I lied in my audition. I said I'd mostly done theatre because it's harder to track down."

"Technically it's not a lie because when I was six I played Oliver's mother in my school play. I was creative with the truth."

I love how American Hollywood casting agents just assume anyone with a posh british accent must of course have an extensive theater/play career and of course that immediately translates well to TV. I mean, just look at Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen!
Reading that article and god damn fucking Hollywood.
Jamil acknowledged that Los Angeles is a "devil's lair" for negative focus on body image, and said that publications have edited her photos to make her look more white: "When I get Photoshopped by magazines - people change the shape of my nose to make my nose look less ethnic. They don't tell me and it's really offensive.