• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they've said more than a few times that the Medium Place is real.

What we'll probably find out is that the accountants said she earned enough points, but the stuck up snobs in the good place didn't want a coke head so they schemed up the Medium place to get rid of her. In fact, I bet there are other medium places.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Took an extra week to watch this episode, but it was pretty great!

I feel like the problem with the point system may not even be intentional manipulation, or at least not continued manipulation. The way their point system works is that every act, possibly (probably?) regardless of context, will always get the same points it got the first time. This means that if, say, a single now extremely common act was given ridiculously negative points the first time it was done - when it was uncommon and unexpected to the rest of society - that score would be given to every single person even once it became common and totally normal, dooming everyone. Or if that one act's grading was rigged, obviously.

I do wonder about Mindy's charity starting because that would probably be a thing that's not so uncommon that only she would get the tons of points. And I guess you'd expect a lot of kids to get in, especially like... terminally ill kids who start charities...? Hmm.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just caught up.

I wish the episodes were longer and the season had more episodes/

Possibly the best thing on TV.

Stellar stuff. Was particularly moved by the Tahani and her sister episode

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, if Schur turns this into a big anticapitalist thing in the final season that will be a HELL of a turn.
I was reminded of this earlier today while Xmas shopping and I had a thought. The thing is, even if the widespread use of money is what is dooming everyone, it wouldn't necessarily be an anti-capitalist thing. The most recent episode finally proposed the idea that the system itself is wrong. In that case, the system condemning capitalism and the show condemning capitalism would be two very different things.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Just noticed this, thank you!
I was reminded of this earlier today while Xmas shopping and I had a thought. The thing is, even if the widespread use of money is what is dooming everyone, it wouldn't necessarily be an anti-capitalist thing. The most recent episode finally proposed the idea that the system itself is wrong. In that case, the system condemning capitalism and the show condemning capitalism would be two very different things.
Yeah, those would be very different.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would also point out that the church's common currency was not the first of its kind globally, or even in Europe (Rome, y'all!) so it'd be a real weird bone of contention to pick.

Oct 25, 2017
Also this show has Jeremy Bearimy and has reset the Earth timeline as well. I wouldn't get too hung up on trying to match up to our known Earth history too closely.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Unironically loving it when brands are clearly just desperate for attention is definitely negative points.

not that I'm not guilty of it at times, I cannot truly judge and it's not like I think it's bad, there's just nothing amusing there for me

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really hate that only the first season is available on Netflix in Sweden.. Binged it the other day and now I found out there's 2 more seasons available already!? It'll take us years before we'll get them 😕

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't believe it's taken me this long, after so many people had recommended it to me but me and the Mrs binged all 3 seasons and it's such a god damn good show.

Just saw it's back on soon for the last few episodes, can't wait to see how this season turns out.

I'm half expecting it to be
the good place that's tinkering with the figures because they don't want anyone else in the good place. Season 4 has to be in the actual good place though, surely?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
^^^I'm guessing it's a joke, pretty funny one if that is the case. Almost didn't recognize Chidi with the facial hair and no glasses.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
^^^I'm guessing it's a joke, pretty funny one if that is the case. Almost didn't recognize Chidi with the facial hair and no glasses.

I 100% didn't recognize him. I know we tend to misread glasses or facial hair as part of a person's face, making it harder to identify someone with/without them, but I would not have even realized that & assumed that was just some unrelated celebrity who was nearby for a photo op after a TGP photo op without this post.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am loving how much The Good Place is referenced. That meta joke has to be one of the best yet. And so many of my favorite podcast hosts have brought up the Good Place too.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
This wait makes me think we're in the bad place

The wait hasn't been too bad... because I used it to plough through five seasons of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I wonder if we'll get the new episodes of that on UK Netflix immediately after broadcast like we do with The Good Place?

(And I still haven't actually seen any P&R, so I've got something else to fall back on for the next long and oh-so-painful gap)