• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Damn... 13 episodes doesn't seem like near enough. I miss it already.

Gonna be a long wait till the Fall for season 4.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Wow those last two scenes were just incredible.

Nearly lost it when Chidi says time is Jeremy Beremy, and when Eleanor and Janet discuss Pandemonium.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

They did Chidi dirty.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, show, that's officially one reset too many. Stop it with them already!

But, since this is where we are, and the next season will obviously spend some time going down the Chidi/Simone path, do the right thing and finally go down the Eleanor/Tahani route!

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Oh my god, that montage. I was tearing up. It was just so touching. I feel like we should get one more before, like it wasn't quite an end of season banger*, but who cares, give me the next season already!

*Obviously the Chidi reset is sad, but we've seen so many resets, and they have established that he and Elanor are naturally attracted to each other over and over, so it loses some weight.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, that montage got to me :(

Even though I do agree they will find there way back to each other.

Tahani's freakout from the gossip columnist was great.

"Please believe me I was at Diddy's White Party!"

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
Just finished the last episode, and wow.

That last shot of Chidi on the welcome couch hit me hard. Kristen Bell really killed it, I feel like we got to see all the different shades of Eleanor in this episode.

While everything could revert back to the way it was pretty easily with the way the afterlife works, they did a good job of making Chidi's sacrifice feel weighty.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That montage got me a bit. I wonder if Chidi will now count as one of the 4 humans or if he'll be a 5th.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Anyone else feel like they are ruining the experiment by not lying to the new people about how they got to the good place? I guess technically it was only Jason and Eleanor they lied to. But seems like that gossip blogger should have been the one tricked.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sup Everybody, I kinda was too busy with school and other shows but got all caught up and holy shit!
This show is beyond goood, it's amazing! I wasn't into Chidi/Eleanor at all in the beginning but by these last couple of episodes I was won over.
Man this show is in a good place.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
didn't Chidi judt put Elenor in the same position he was in regarding knowledge of a past lover?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
didn't Chidi judt put Elenor in the same position he was in regarding knowledge of a past lover?
Yeah, but presumably she's better equipped to handle it. Also, her slipping up wouldn't matter as much, since he's not the one on trial.

Oct 25, 2017
Just thinking about Chidi and Eleanor's goodbye still breaks me.

How did Kristen Bell deliver the line "I'm a legit snack" so perfectly as to make me laugh exactly once through my tears?

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to rewatch the season before I sort out my final feelings on it. I don't think it was as good as the first two, but it definitely picked up a lot of steam in the second half. If I have one request...

no more memory wipe-y type stuff. From the comments at the AV Club, other people feel the same way

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to rewatch the season before I sort out my final feelings on it. I don't think it was as good as the first two, but it definitely picked up a lot of steam in the second half. If I have one request...

no more memory wipe-y type stuff. From the comments at the AV Club, other people feel the same way

This one works for me because they aren't wiping everyone - just Chidi. That's going to create some really interesting moments.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Memory wipe is part of a larger philosophical discussion and plot so I'm fine with it. Plus a partial reboot is new for the show.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind this wipe as much since its only Chidi. It'd be different if it was the main four again.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Memory wipe is part of a larger philosophical discussion and plot so I'm fine with it. Plus a partial reboot is new for the show.

I agree, they played it pretty well this time. It's just going to start wearing a little thin sooner or later. I have to admit that I'm a little cynical about it being used here because it feels like it's being used as an instrument to invoke a new flavor/variation of the classic sitcom "will they, won't they" trope. But at least it's a new flavor.

I'm too cynical in general--I don't want to give people the wrong idea. I enjoyed the episode and the season. I'm just better at voicing my negative opinions than my positive ones :p I'll keep my mouth shut.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Anyone else feel like they are ruining the experiment by not lying to the new people about how they got to the good place? I guess technically it was only Jason and Eleanor they lied to. But seems like that gossip blogger should have been the one tricked.
I don't know about ruining the experiment, but I had this exact same thought. At the very least, you'd think they would explain why they were in the Good Place.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
If they use the memory wipe as a way to put an absolute stop to Eleanor and Chidi, then ok. Those two have NO CHEMISTRY.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
So, the first 7 episodes were nowhere near as good as the previous two seasons. The last 6 episodes really brought it back and I loved those episodes. Glad this season ended with a positive run of episodes.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

They lied to them to torture them, they're not trying to torture them this time but to save them.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
They lied to them to torture them, they're not trying to torture them this time but to save them.
I think it brings up a good point - isn't the whole thing reliant on the humans being tortured? If they're happy and complacent, then there's no motivation to improve. It was overcoming the adversity of whatever Michael threw at them that kickstarted their growth from the reboots we've seen.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so who are we betting are the other 2 new residents? Someone for Jason and someone for Eleanor. While Tehani's case shows that they aren't all necessarily going to be returning characters (or was he in the flashbacks with her sister ever? I don't think so, right?), I think it's likely at least one of the other newbies will be someone we know...

I think for Eleanor, it seems likely it'll be one of her parents. Maybe it'll be Dress Bitch or her old boss at the telemarketing place though?

For Jason, I can't think of anyone we've met that it could be aside from Donkey Doug or Pillboi, and neither of them tormented him... though maybe they'd get picked anyway as they would be likely to tempt Jason into bad behaviors again without the torment part.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
dat podcast, crying at table read of course

Okay so who are we betting are the other 2 new residents? Someone for Jason and someone for Eleanor. While Tehani's case shows that they aren't all necessarily going to be returning characters (or was he in the flashbacks with her sister ever? I don't think so, right?), I think it's likely at least one of the other newbies will be someone we know...

I think for Eleanor, it seems likely it'll be one of her parents. Maybe it'll be Dress Bitch or her old boss at the telemarketing place though?

For Jason, I can't think of anyone we've met that it could be aside from Donkey Doug or Pillboi, and neither of them tormented him... though maybe they'd get picked anyway as they would be likely to tempt Jason into bad behaviors again without the torment part.
for jason that "marshmello" knockoff guy maybe?
Elanor probably a ex boy or girlfriend, you don't cast either until you know plot lines and availability

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Omaha

The other 2 people were replaced with neutral characters after the judge intervened. But they could have similar issues to the other characters, or have traits to annoy them.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Ehh, the whole episode was a miss for me. They needed a better reason why Chidi needed a mind wipe. Hopefully Chidi doesn't fall in love with Simone at the start of next season, I like the show for not being predictable.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wow those last two scenes were just incredible.

Nearly lost it when Chidi says time is Jeremy Beremy, and when Eleanor and Janet discuss Pandemonium.

The bit that really really did it for me, the absolutely perfect line:

E: Thanks, Janet. You know, for a robot, you make a really good girlfriend.
J: I'm one out of three of those things. But thank you. Good luck.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Uh, my first thought was: That's it? I never really like Eleanor and Chidi together so the whole episode was pretty much meh to me. Also I'm tired of these damn memory wipes. Hopefully this is the ACTUAL last one.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
The other 2 people were replaced with neutral characters after the judge intervened. But they could have similar issues to the other characters, or have traits to annoy them.
I don't recall them saying this was the case? But my roommate was talking over the show again so I could have missed something.

I thought she said that the two new people needed mindwipes, not they were changed to be neutral

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Man that finale :( At least we already know season 4 is on the way.

If Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn't show up on this show at least once before it's over, it'll be a tragedy.