• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I think the way we got Trevor back will be how they incorporate many of the recurring demons, instead of seeing them at bad place headquarters they'll show up on earth. Vicky will try to get between Chidi and Simone I think, or maybe she'll try to worm her way into Tahani's life.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I think the way we got Trevor back will be how they incorporate many of the recurring demons, instead of seeing them at bad place headquarters they'll show up on earth. Vicky will try to get between Chidi and Simone I think, or maybe she'll try to worm her way into Tahani's life.
It'll probably also be the way for Michael to get involved above board without sneaking around the Judge's back, since the interference from that end is way more overt.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
NY Mag: The Good Place Showrunner Michael Schur Knows the Meaning of Life
In an extended conversation about goodness, badness, friendship, extremism, and the need (or lack thereof) for sleep or money, The Good Place showrunner and creator Michael Schur doesn't offer up any spoilers. But he does address the show's big-picture questions, the books that the staff read in anticipation of season three, whether the Medium Place is a form of torture, and Janet's gender identity, among many other topics. Read on for Good Place answers big and small.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I only caught the first half, and while it was funny, I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much with so much of the show on earth now.

Mechashiva

Jan 7, 2018
Vicky did have an amazing Australian accent she was working on.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. From that interview above, which I just finished reading:

Q: I can't help but bring this all back to The Last Jedi, obviously. One of the things I love about that movie is that it's about failure, but it's also about the fact that there's no one way to learn from setbacks and mistakes. There's not a set of scrolls or texts or diagrams or oral traditions that will solve every problem every time. The answer isn't that you stop trying or you imitate some other person's way of succeeding. The answer is you just have to figure it out, day by day. And it's hard.
A: I'd like you to write yourself a note to email me after you watch episode five of season three of The Good Place.
This week was episodes 1 and 2, so in three weeks I guess we'll see what this was about.

Hmmm, I only caught the first half, and while it was funny, I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much with so much of the show on earth now.
I can see there being less potential for the completely outlandish situations that the show previously indulged in due to the afterlife setting allowing it, but this show is very much about not letting anything outstay its welcome and I'm curious to see what new status quo they develop and how they'll inevitably break it down.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

I agree. Though I chalk that up to the first two episodes needing to put all the chess pieces in their correct places. It was like a fast spinning of wheels in these first two episodes - they had to do some re-explaining which felt a little tired, and then set up the road ahead. I trust Schur and the writing team to shake everything out.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So glad this show is back, can't wait to see what Season 3 has in store for us.

Is it possible to truly love and hate something at the same time, because that was me with Ted Danson's Australian accent.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Very much a pair of 'pivot the plot' episodes, but they were pretty funny nonetheless. I'm *very* excited for the situations that are going to result from everything they're setting up, though.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
One of their kids is hot enough to be on The Bachelor AND smart enough not to be on the Bachelor. LOL

I thought the first two episodes were really good. Simone was great and I think she fits right in.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Simone is a great addition to the cast. In her first scene I wrote her off as a one-time appearance, but finding out that she'll be recurring is great.

Especially if this means that Tahani/Eleanor is more likely >:D

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just like Parks, this show has that ability to hit you right in the positive feels spot and has you genuinely smiling with actual affection for these characters and last night's ep was no exception.

I think it was the scene where the guard got that Frog bottle/thermos and he was just so happy to get it. It was a small/simple thing but it's also something that sets it apart from the majority of media where people are just awful to each other

Glad to have it back.

Also shoutouts to Charles Brainman

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When Tahani said she was a tomboy in high school and they showed the picture, I lost it.

I'm so glad this show is back!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first two episodes were a good start to the season. And is it just me or did Jason have his idiocy toned down quite a bit here? Maybe that's just because he's sad, but he didn't seem quite as dimwitted as before.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Great start to the season.

Does anyone know what's going in with Micheal's weirdly specific hand motion/finger snap thing that he does from time to time? Is there a how-to somewhere, as I'd like to use it IRL and snuff out other TGP fans. :)

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
This was a pretty slow episode with a lot of retreading, a bit odd for this show. A lot of killer lines though, Earth Eleanor is a riot.