• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Michael is really off his game. He is usually way more composed even when things don't go his way.

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
My TV signal cut out and I didn't see where Trevor went. What happened there?

He was just cast into a black void. It's unclear where he went. It's unclear if he really went anywhere. It wasn't addressed afterwards beyond Judge Gen launching him into the void & Michael & Janet silently gasping at this.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time a TV show has ever used the phrase "dank memes" because I approve.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
"I'm better when it's one-on-one, and we're both looking at our phones, and I don't know the other person, and we don't talk."

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Adam Scott is so good at playing D-Bag Trevor, complete opposite from Ben on Parks & Rec. Lol @ Logan Paul trivia night.

Jason trying to take the spider into the MRI machine and asking for extra radiation.

Tahani apologizing for her boorish behavior with hand written apology notes.

Chidi/Eleanor do work well together.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't see why Chidi is comparable to the rest of the group. He has extreme anxiety that causes him to be indecisive, but his shit is all mental.
The others knowingly do bad shit or are jealous/vindictive. Who the hell gets into the good place if not Chidi?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't see why Chidi is comparable to the rest of the group. He has extreme anxiety that causes him to be indecisive, but his shit is all mental.
The others knowingly do bad shit or are jealous/vindictive. Who the hell gets into the good place if not Chidi?

The best answer I can give is that according the rules of this universe Chidi's morality is kind of selfish. Chidi generally seems to subscribe to a form of moral absolutism, he believes that actions are absolutely right or wrong. However, in a world where intent and motivation are just as important, Chidi's actions have less value.

Take the issue with the boots from season one. Chidi was consumed with anxiety because he lied, not because the lie was malicious or caused any harm, but because, for Chidi lying is always wrong. However, the actual outcome of the lie was a positive. Chidi's friend felt better about himself and the boots he loved. Meanwhile Chidi's guilt and decision to admit the lie a long time later actually had negative impacts.

Chidi wants to do the right thing, but is ultimately consumed by his desire not to make a wrong choice, that he disrupts other peoples lives. I think the character views inaction as a neutral or safe space, not seeing that his inaction is still technically a choice that has an impact on other people.

This is kind of a messy way for me to explain it, but I think with Chidi the show is kind of criticizing strict Kantian morality. At least, that is how I have seen it the past two seasons.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I love this show so much. The characters are so cool, it's funny, it's all sunshine-y and nice. It's briliant

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Mmmmmm everyone was looking on point in this episode.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Huh I thought the judge will find out at the end of the season and pull a cliffhanger.

Also very lenient judge.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Huh I thought the judge will find out at the end of the season and pull a cliffhanger.

Also very lenient judge.
I don't know how that can still be a reasonable expectation of this show given how quickly the previous seasons chugged through status quos. The cheating was always going to be found out, and this show does not leave things hanging for long.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Also very lenient judge.
I don't know how that can still be a reasonable expectation of this show given how quickly the previous seasons chugged through status quos. The cheating was always going to be found out, and this show does not leave things hanging for long.
The great thing about the show is how unpredictable and the fact it doesn't waste time it always find ways to evolve

Remember how people thought season 2 will be Micheal being the arch villain before that got resolved not even half way I think it wasn't quarter way and Michael is on the "heroes" side

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about the show is how unpredictable and the fact it doesn't waste time it always find ways to evolve

Remember how people thought season 2 will be Micheal being the arch villain before that got resolved not even half way I think it wasn't quarter way and Michael is on the "heroes" side
I also thought Trevor is going to be the main villain the entire season slowly shattering the group.
but nope they moved passed that.
really liking the show moving along and the surprises

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

Also, yeah, they joked about the pure gold bra being MRI safe (it is, as long as it's pure gold and not an alloy) but completely forgot about the phones (which should never be brought into the same room as an MRI):

Last edited:

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad the show dealt with Trevor so quickly. He's not a character I can stand in large doses.

Great episode! Janet in particular was fantastic.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Show continues to be amazing. But, after binging seasons 1 & 2, I'm finding the real Bad Place is just waiting week to week for the next episode.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Do philosophers use academic terms differently? Chidi keeps saying "I found my thesis!", but that makes it sound like he's still trying to get his doctoral degree even though he has a department position.

Garret

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Do philosophers use academic terms differently? Chidi keeps saying "I found my thesis!", but that makes it sound like he's still trying to get his doctoral degree even though he has a department position.

Definition of thesis

1: a dissertation embodying results of original research and especially substantiating a specific viewespecially : one written by a candidate for an academic degree

a: a proposition to be proved or one advanced without proof : HYPOTHESIS

b: a position or proposition that a person (such as a candidate for scholastic honors) advances and offers to maintain by argument

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
How was Micheal able to travel to different locations in his first visit in one go without powers

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

Chidi was the closest to getting in the good place of the bunch.

That said, Chidi is actually pretty similar to Tahani. As with her selfish benevolence, his neutrality via indecision did not serve to make the world any better.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show pretty much straight out said that you have to be a really, really good person to get into the Good Place. It's not just a matter of being the whiny sort-of-neutral that Chidi is......it isn't enough not to be bad, you have to be frequently and actively benevolent.