• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
The Jaguars play in downtown Jacksonville. Downtown Jacksonville is in Duval. Actually Duval is almost entirely made up of Jacksonville. That's why residents call Jacksonville Duval instead.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The Jaguars play in downtown Jacksonville. Downtown Jacksonville is in Duval. Actually Duval is almost entirely made up of Jacksonville. That's why residents call Jacksonville Duval instead.

wait is the city split in the middle? wtf?

I understand places like NY and Jersey where there's no space. We're talking about Florida here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Not my favorite episode due to some of the Donkey Doug stuff being w/e, and I'm sad to see Simone go, but it was still pretty good and there were some very solid jokes.

Hoping next week with Tahani's family (and maybe Eleanor's mom?) doesn't go for quite the same kind of comedy.

Just finished listening to the podcast, and the actors came up with that themselves. The script just said they do a ridiculous handshake.

Amazing. That was one of the best parts of the episode too.

I understand places like NY and Jersey where there's no space. We're talking about Florida here.

A glance at Wikipedia shows... it's complicated? Maybe someone here that's actually familiar with it can speak to it; it looks like in the 60s, Duval County and the city combined into one government?

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Vgk3s.gif

What? No. Ignore the first reply you got about Duval being someplace different than Jacksonville cause that was incorrect. Jaguars play in the middle of downtown Jacksonville. There's nothing different about Jacksonville, it's just a normal city. Jacksonville resides in Duval County.

Duval County used to be much bigger, but the outskirts got carved up into other Counties. So now what remains of Duval County is only the city of Jacksonville. Since they cover the same area, residents use the names Jacksonville and Duval interchangeably.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Vgk3s.gif

What? No. Ignore the first reply you got about Duval being someplace different than Jacksonville cause that was incorrect. Jaguars play in the middle of downtown Jacksonville. There's nothing different about Jacksonville, it's just a normal city. Jacksonville resides in Duval County.

Duval County used to be much bigger, but the outskirts got carved up into other Counties. So now what remains of Duval County is only the city of Jacksonville. Since they cover the same area, residents use the names Jacksonville and Duval interchangeably.
ah ok. Seems overly obtuse.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible episode. Dat handshake lmao.

i love Tahani's extremely reluctant, distant touch of reassurance on PIllboi's shoulder. like, she feels compelled to do it, but she really doesn't want to and can't be bothered to sit forward slightly to make more contact than just her fingertips lmao

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All of this is accurate, except that few people use "Jacksonville" and "Duval" interchangabley. Jaguars fans just like to shout "DUUVALL!" because some other person will inevitably shout "DUUVALL!" back at them.....which is what we see on The Good Place when the characters arrive at Jacksonville Airport. It's kinda of bizarre to see it included here just because it's a joke that few people outside of the city would really understand.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh shit it's Andy Daly! always a welcome surprise

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to think Eleanor's mom is playing the same character from AHS Apocalypse, or a composite of all of her characters from AHS

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Lol. LIKE A NERD!!

what's weird is her mom's actor is only 9 years older and doesn't even look it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So far I don't know if I want them to redeem Kamilah. She's my most hated type of person.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Huh, that episode was a little flat to me. I guess maybe because Elanor's mom was fine, and the Tahani storyline went exactly as I expected. I dunno. Maybe I'm spoiled by this show always throwing me.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Family ties really have done a number on the Brainy Bunch, except for maybe Chidi who I don't recall if we've ever seen his family.

Eleanor accepting her mom being good now, even if she couldn't be that for her and Tahani making peace with Kamilah were both touching to me. Although Kamilah is still a brat and Tahani's parents were the worst.

Michael dropping that Chidi bombshell on Eleanor at the end is interesting

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I don't really get why Michael said that in the end, it feels like that might only lead to chaos.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the first season, enjoyed it though called it actually being the Bad Place when they started showing Tahani's life and how everything she did was for selfish reasons. Well actually before that with how annoying she was with trying to impress people and the name dropping.

Last edited:

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
It was a slow episode, then that twist was just perfection.

I literally jumped out of my seat.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
ANDY DALEY

It's great after being a life reviewer he was able to find an another family

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the season is already more than half over. I binged the earlier seasons so watching this week to week is a very different experience.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it. Kinda predictable tension in both places, but I think how solidly it ended for each story made it worthwhile. They actually did some self-examination (well... after causing an incident in Tahani's case) and didn't just make things worse.

...actually, thinking about it now, what even happened with Jason and Janet? It feels like there should have been at least another scene expanding on Janet enjoying being with him and all that.

I don't really get why Michael said that in the end, it feels like that might only lead to chaos.

It was a little forced, but I think it's fitting with 1. how bad it was for her to not know about her mom already is making him more inclined to share these things (especially given the earlier claim that she knew everything), and 2. him repeatedly not knowing how to comfort her but still trying to do so. She is very clearly completely unsure about how to handle the fact that her mom fucked her up that badly but has still legitimately become a better person now, unfortunately far too late to make anything better for her. So I can understand thinking the knowledge that she is still capable of admitting love for someone may be comforting... except for who it is. (...and that Michael took it away.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
If my memory serves correctly this is about the point in the season we went into break until January/February the last couple years, but there are still at least two more new episodes this month. It seems they're either front-loading more episodes this year or aren't planning on a long break at all.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If my memory serves correctly this is about the point in the season we went into break until January/February the last couple years, but there are still at least two more new episodes this month. It seems they're either front-loading more episodes this year or aren't planning on a long break at all.
Pretty sure there's no break at all this year and the season will be done in December so they can premiere Brooklyn Nine Nine starting in January.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first season, enjoyed it though called it actually being the Bad Place when they started showing Tahani's life and how everything she did was for selfish reasons. Well actually before that with how annoying she was with trying to impress people and the name dropping.
I have a hard time believing that, you would be the first person I've heard of who saw the twist coming. You were spoiled there was going to be a twist, weren't you?

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I was almost expecting everyone to die in a car accident at the end of the episode eh. Given they are finished with their earthly business at this point.

He probably felt like Eleanor had the right to know. It was part of her (un)life after all.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
she doesn't try and impress people or name drop. I should know i heard it from my friend Tom Hanks

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I knew there was some twist and I still didn't get it. I *did* get that Tahani was another person who didn't belong there, but I never made the leap to it being the Bad Place or Michael being a demon.

I was semi-convinced they were all (Michael included) in purgatory until they showed the Medium Place.