• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still believe the season cliffhanger will be the entire earth learning about the afterlife thus the rules will change

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wack about the scheduled. Agreed on the episode name being interesting.
Maybe that "A different Janet left the Bad Place portal" theory holds water? Then again, we're picking things back up in the Janet void, so this was going to be a Janet Lore heavy episode regardless.

One alternative thought strikes me:

Wasn't it mentioned that the Accountants were just next to the Janet Warehouse? What if they're going to have to go through the warehouse to get to them?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jameela keeping it real:

She's been calling out all sorts of this crap for awhile now.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone listen to Kristen Bell on Conan's podcast?. She's truly a national treasure and is so deserving of going to the good place.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man that's depressing. Iggy went from having a global #1 hit to rocking the "influencer" Halloween kit in like three years.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Jameela keeping it real:

She's been calling out all sorts of this crap for awhile now.

"Without losing my ass."
UbNvX6x3SDykfOMTNPq5_the-rock-eyeroll.0.gif

Why hasn't Iggy Azalea gone the fuck away yet?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Not to just turn this into a Jameela topic but the show's on break and she's on a roll so sue me:

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
This was posted a couple days ago, but the new artist behind the newspaper comic Nancy had a few things to say about The Good Place (because it was how she occupied her time while hiding in a closet before her panel) in this interview:
Who's your favorite Good Place character?
Excellent question. I don't know. I really like Jason.
There's a kinship between Nancy and Jason. They both live in the pursuit of pleasure.
Yeah, he doesn't apologize.
I'm more of a Janet guy, myself.
I just remembered Janet exists. Yeah, Janet is the right answer. Keep going. Tell me stuff about Janet that you like. Because I like everything about Janet.
One thing that's interesting about her is how she's becoming an icon for the gender-nonconforming community because of how she points out that she technically doesn't have a gender. In general, I just love the way she cheerily points out that everything anyone says about her is usually wrong.
Oh, that's so real. Don't write about Nancy, just write about Janet. The first paragraph can be like, "I talked to this girl, but actually somebody way better and more interesting is Janet."

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching parts of season 1 the last week and it's weird how obviously manipulative Michael is. I didn't see it like that at all watching it initially, back then I thought he was just a dorky, kinda clueless angel, now I can see the demon he really is. Everything he says and does is so obviously intended to make the four miserable.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching parts of season 1 the last week and it's weird how obviously manipulative Michael is. I didn't see it like that at all watching it initially, back then I thought he was just a dorky, kinda clueless angel, now I can see the demon he really is. Everything he says and does is so obviously intended to make the four miserable.
It's what puts it up with the best twists, honestly. So brilliantly done.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Totally. The episode where he tries to "help" Chidi find a new hobby is my absolute favorite in retrospect. It's so obvious he's torturing him, but it came off then as being totally new to humans.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Him kicking the puppy into the sun is some good shit.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Don't even really want to watch the new episode when it first releases.

I binged the first two seasons over a few days and it was glorious. Compared to the idea I had in my head of the show it was magnitudes better, it blew me away. I finished season 2 maybe a couple weeks before season 3 started coming out which I have been watching each week as they come out on Netflix.

If I had some self-control I would just save the rest of the episodes up and watch them together. But I will probably just watch them as they come out because fork it. I guess I can binge S3 again a little before S4 starts up and I put myself through this weekly (or worse than weekly like at the moment) torture.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't cancel it :( Netflix doesn't seem like a safe bet these days

Renewed for Season 4

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'The Good Place' Renewed For Season 4 By NBC
NBC has picked up a fourth season of its popular Thursday comedy series The Good Place, from creator Mike Schur and Universal Television. The size of the episode order is yet to be determined but Schur designed the serialized The Good Place for limited runs, and the show's first three seasons have consisted of 13 episodes each.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Side-note: Cornballer I love your use of threadmarks in this thread. Very cool to see the new feature in action!
'Twas me actually, and clearly the server going down an hour or two ago was my fault as I combed through the thread adding them.

I don't think the reader view works quite like I intended, but it's a good way to quick jump to discussion that was happening around the airing of a particular episode.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Twas me actually, and clearly the server going down an hour or two ago was my fault as I combed through the thread adding them.

I don't think the reader view works quite like I intended, but it's a good way to quick jump to discussion that was happening around the airing of a particular episode.
Oh, cool. Thanks. It's great for focusing the episode discussion for anyone coming in late.