• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking up famous people who died in 1497. One of the Borgias... maybe they hacked the system and stopped anyone else going?

That's all I got.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I've been looking up famous people who died in 1497. One of the Borgias... maybe they hacked the system and stopped anyone else going?

That's all I got.
assassin-s-creed-brotherhood---cesare-borgia---figurine-gamestars-unimax-p-image-287599-grande.jpg

It's all connected.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Realizing the head accountant was Wheatley's forking voice actor broke me. So good

Can we just give D'Arcy Carden the Emmy for that episode? Such spot on impressions of everybody. Plus Neutral Janet. So good.
She deserves it.

Also what a fucking place to take a break until the rest of the season.

I can't wait.

edit: I also really liked the Eleanor/Chidi scene because Chidi's technically right but they fell in love all over again in their new life.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that D'Arcy Carden went the extra mile and actually changed her accent for each of the different characters. I get why it's not done more often and extra props to her for that, but it's one of things that unreasonably annoys me about body switching plots.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I'm so glad that D'Arcy Carden went the extra mile and actually changed her accent for each of the different characters. I get why it's not done more often and extra props to her for that, but it's one of things that unreasonably annoys me about body switching plots.
tenor.gif

That always annoys me. I know some actors may not do the part well, but I'd honestly take that over the voice over.

Oct 25, 2017
According to the podcast, there's a take of the last shot where Eleanor says "soak my deck we're in the forking Good Place" but they didn't use it. I'm mildly disappointed.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
There actually have been "Extended Cut" versions of The Good Place available through NBC in the past. I'm not seeing any for Season 3 though.
In the past I think the extended versions of the first half only started showing up after the second half of the season began and the extended versions of the second half showed up after the season ended. Since this season isn't divided up like that we might only get them when the season is over.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Watched it. D'Arcy Carden is a god among insects. We are not worthy. Give her the emmy wow.

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite gag in the entire first season was in the extended cut. After Janet reboots and keeps summoning cacti, she shows up with Eleanor's file and assures Michael it's not a cactus.

It's a folder full of pictures of cacti.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Wait a minute, what about the medium place? Mindy got their in what, the 70s, 80s? So her whole thing must have been entirely orchestrated to not break what was being hidden about the good place being inaccessible.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
D'Arcy Carden is no Tatiania Maslany and she didn't nail all the characters IMO (wasn't really feeling Chidi-Janet) but it was a strong showcase of her talent.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This was one of the best forking episodes in the whole show. Everything was great about it, from the Janet-quartet to the bookkeeping-plot to the cliffhanger. Shame we have to wait a few weeks for the rest now.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

For as good an episode as it was, Always Sunny's "The Gang Turns Black" never let the black actors cut loose with their Gang member impressions.

This season has had pacing issues, but it never ceases to amaze how often they reboot and go, "Well, that setting/storyline is over!" The Good Place should be fun to see.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't sold on Chidi Janet either at first but I'd suggest you listen to the podcast. They played a clip of her talking to Eleanor Janet and in audio form I could hear her perfectly emulate the way Chidi inserts stops in his sentences as though he's hesitating for a split second to choose a word, and the way he drags out certain sounds. She actually nailed it.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Chidi impersonation suffered from over acted mannerisms. The voice was good. As for Tahani, there the body language was spot on. Notice the difference in posture between her and Janet-Eleanor.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Gizmodo's article outlines the schedule for the remaining three episodes, which includes a schedule change:
Alas, we'll have to wait a while to find out what happens next. The Good Place takes yet another hiatus for the holidays—then it will move to Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. on NBC and finish out its third season with episodes on January 10, 17, and 24.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad they announced a fourth season already, otherwise I would be pretty worried about this show's future. Ratings are down, and they're shifting it around in the schedule.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That was a great episode, but I got a question. Is it wrong to say lady now?
To add to what W-00 said, from the very beginning of the show she maintained that despite her appearance, she's not a female human. Janet has leaned in with "not a lady" comments many times over the course of the series. The joke here was just that the other characters were echoing that after all this time. She's a weird robotic construct that has no genitalia. It's not some PC "It's not okay to say lady" thing.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Wait a minute, what about the medium place? Mindy got their in what, the 70s, 80s? So her whole thing must have been entirely orchestrated to not break what was being hidden about the good place being inaccessible.
Yeah my wife and I were discussing this and unless there's some weird Jeremy Bearimy stuff going on, I'm curious how they explain Mindy's situation.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
You mean because of the "Not a lady," bit? That's just because Janet technically isn't a lady.
To add to what W-00 said, from the very beginning of the show she maintained that despite her appearance, she's not a female human. Janet has leaned in with "not a lady" comments many times over the course of the series. The joke here was just that the other characters were echoing that after all this time. She's a weird robotic construct that has no genitalia. It's not some PC "It's not okay to say lady" thing.

Ahhh, okay. Now that you mention it, I remember Janet's not a human running gag. Both Elenaor and Tahani saying it so quickly caught me off guard I guess and wasn't sure if I had missed something.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my wife and I were discussing this and unless there's some weird Jeremy Bearimy stuff going on, I'm curious how they explain Mindy's situation.
I think it's possible Mindy's charity really generated that many points. She said it was supposed to help everyone and if the number of points gets higher depending on how many people are affected by a positive action that could mean A LOT of points.

Another important point is that we saw the point calculation for the new weird sex thing with the eggplant. The guy who did it lost almost 10.000 points for that, if it's that easy to lose a ton of points it could explain why remarkable people still end up in the bad place.

So basically Mindy died at the right point where she had enough points to get into the good place (if it wasn't for the question if she got credit for the charity or not) but before she could lose them again, had she lived only 2 years longer she might have snorted and masturbated enough points away to be thrown into the bad place despite her charity points being counted for her without question.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
my only guess is that since time is a indirect there and humans have only been around so long. When whoever (the bad place) circumvented the point system they mad the medium place scapegoat. you can't say everyone goes to the bad place when at least 5 people have made it to the medium place. This would happen at the 1st cake party for Marisol's last time she turned 39,000,000

also one of the multiple people shifts of Eleanor was Cassie from season 7 of Buffy or a really good look alike who still looks in their 20's

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Really liked this episode. Stephen Merchant played the same character he always does which is fine with me, I wish he was a regular.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ok, now who was the last / most recent person to get into The Good Place? There has to be a deliberately chosen answer to that question, right? I can't imagine Schur just picking 500+ years out of thin air for no reason!