• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
RLD-WILLIAM-JACKSON-HARPER.jpg

William Jackson Harper's diet and workout interview in GQ.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, we sure are saying the only explanation is that the bad place must be behind this, a lot.

Telegraphing a twist??

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh my gosh, this is like the epitome of the 'When They Go High, We Go Low' video.

Last edited:

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Great episode. Of course the committee is filled with bureaucratic dorks

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Meeting people from The Good Place was a lot of fun. Tahani ripping up that certificate and running out of the room really cracked me up. The Eleanor/Chidi stuff was cute. I love this show.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
warm pretzels smell disgusting unless their soft ones, the kind you get after they close the curtain between first class and economy

4 Oreo's from Heaven is the name of my PsyTrance album

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get the mechanics they are going for, but I have a lot of questions about this points system.

But if this is sending the message that capitalism is destroying humanity, I can dig it, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I get the mechanics they are going for, but I have a lot of questions about this points system.

But if this is sending the message that capitalism is destroying humanity, I can dig it, lol.
i'm assuming that 500 years ago someone at the Bad place told the higher up's or the accounts to look at unintended things and that drastically changed the end results of people.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Smell concept sounded amazing, too nice for their own good committee not so much.

400 yrs to form a committee and 1,000 yrs to vet it, yikes.

I really enjoy the less anxious version of Chidi who isn't afraid to make a decision, his incredulity at Eleanor being comforted by the smell of vomit in the whirlpool was great. How? Why?

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
Tahani was brilliant this episode, some of her facial expressions were great. Loved her puppy dog eyes when Micheal said she couldn't ask him an unrelated question.

i'm assuming that 500 years ago someone at the Bad place told the higher up's or the accounts to look at unintended things and that drastically changed the end results of people.
I think it's more that the system was designed when things were simpler and hasn't been updated to deal with a more complex global society.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
God the difference of this show between Earth and Afterlife really is night and day. I was struggling a bit with the season up but this episode and the last were just on a whole other level compared to the rest of the season.

I get what they were going for, but I think it really hindered the flow of what makes the show special. So glad it's over and done with now.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I really missed The Good Place. Such a great episode, I was smiling the whole way through.
Jason's line about refugees at the very beginning just killed me. Probably because of the current political climate.

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to the podcast this morning - apparently they reached out and offered her the role directly. That's how much they knew who they wanted.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Discovering the true nature of the Good Place staff (well-meaning useless dogooders more interested in following the rules than making a difference) is shining a whole different light on the entire show and what this season is doing. Very excited to see how this wraps up.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It really bugs me how Jason just gets dumber as the show goes on. If you go by his behavior this episode, he's stupid to the point that there's no way he's the same person that pulled off the Jianyu ruse for so long.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Man, I loved that episode. So glad the show is back! Loved all the little moments posters ahead of me mentioned. Also loved Janet freaking out over everyone finding out that she loves Jason.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda disappointing that they didn't really address the real problem with Doug in that his way of life is still ultimately selfish by the standards of the system. Everything he does is for the goal of getting into the good place rather than being for its own sake and that was problem with Tahani's deeds, not to mention that dilemma of revealing the existence of the good place to the crew in their reboot. I do like this other take they're taking though, addressing the issue of the point system being a function of privilege since everything is so interconnected.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Kinda disappointing that they didn't really address the real problem with Doug in that his way of life is still ultimately selfish by the standards of the system. Everything he does is for the goal of getting into the good place rather than being for its own sake and that was problem with Tahani's deeds, not to mention that dilemma of revealing the existence of the good place to the crew in their reboot. I do like this other take they're taking though, addressing the issue of the point system being a function of privilege since everything is so interconnected.

They already addressed that based on the rules, he was doing well because he didn't know the rules to get in.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
They already addressed that based on the rules, he was doing well because he didn't know the rules to get in.

I thought the point is that intent still matters, even if you're not aware of the specific rules. Tahani gets sent to the bad place because even though all her philanthropy directly helped millions, it was for the goal of showing up her sister and in the same way Doug is driven by his goal of getting into the good place. I think Doug straight up says this in response to Michael telling to take a break, on top of him clearly treating everything he does as some burden throughout the episode. Contrast that to the way the angels or whatever in the good place act, where they are that genuinely nice and welcoming even if it is to the point of absurdity.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
It really bugs me how Jason just gets dumber as the show goes on. If you go by his behavior this episode, he's stupid to the point that there's no way he's the same person that pulled off the Jianyu ruse for so long.
it's why his relationship with Janet is the best. she knows everything and he knows nothing. match made in places of good

I thought the point is that intent still matters, even if you're not aware of the specific rules. Tahani gets sent to the bad place because even though all her philanthropy directly helped millions, it was for the goal of showing up her sister and in the same way Doug is driven by his goal of getting into the good place. I think Doug straight up says this in response to Michael telling to take a break, on top of him clearly treating everything he does as some burden throughout the episode. Contrast that to the way the angels or whatever in the good place act, where they are that genuinely nice and welcoming even if it is to the point of absurdity.
i'd say you get points regardless of intent, but intent determines if total counts or not ala modifiers at the end of Oregon Trail.