• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I would put solid money on middle place lady being revealed as a creator god helping them out. From what we know of accounting, the middle place wouldn't make sense otherwise. Also, a reformed asshole with a pervy side is honestly a pretty interesting take on god.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I would put solid money on middle place lady being revealed as a creator god helping them out. From what we know of accounting, the middle place wouldn't make sense otherwise. Also, a reformed asshole with a pervy side is honestly a pretty interesting take on god.

I kind of think Michael might be "god" given amnesia by the Bad Place. Janet probably "knows" and that's why she's guiding him/told him that he has to be the one to fix it.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of think Michael might be "god" given amnesia by the Bad Place. Janet probably "knows" and that's why she's guiding him/told him that he has to be the one to fix it.

I think her line about him being the one to fix it was speaking to the audience moreso than him directly. I feel like there is a greater theme in this show that is very much about rejecting the idea of waiting for authority figures to solve problems and realizing that everyone can contribute something and make things better.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
A reconnection?

1*06YiYoEgEvdOHLcFnnszrg.png

Oct 25, 2017
This is one hell of a set up for season 4.

Although with the way this show burns up plot for all I know they'll have finished all this by next week.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, before this season I wouldn't think the idea of the group thinking Michael was torturing them wouldn't have broken Michael so thoroughly. I'm still not sure I buy it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
"Look, there are plenty of awful people, and thoughtless jerks, and I guess nazis again somehow -- but there are also people who are really trying to be good, and they aren't getting close."

Yeah, Mikey, I feel ya.

Nov 1, 2017
The last two years split the episodes more evenly. This is the first year they frontloaded the majority of the season before the break.

Last year was more even with five episodes after the break. The first season was only four after the break and they aired two episodes as a 1-hour season finale. So this is the worst the frontloading has been but they've frontloaded every season.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shawn had a few lines that killed me. the recap of the Entourage movie was great because i was one of the four people who saw it in theatres and subsequently deserve whatever horrible fate befalls us, and "counterpoint; humans are terrible. Limp Bizkit, slavery... the prosecution rests." was also hilarious

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Look, there are plenty of awful people, and thoughtless jerks, and I guess nazis again somehow -- but there are also people who are really trying to be good, and they aren't getting close."

Yeah, Mikey, I feel ya.
This episode was spitting fire and getting real. The judge with apparently I'm a black woman and they're not very liked down there.

Also poor Jason. Derek and Janet are making babies.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i'd say Janet is turning into the god due to some JB timey wimey thing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
If you've ever followed Ken Tremendous on twitter, you'd know Michael Schurr's politics is pretty much in-line with Era's as a whole.
Example

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty fantastic episode and it bums me out that there's only one episode left. A regular show could stretch this idea into an entire season, but who knows where they'll be by the end of next Thursday.

Gonna be a long wait till season 4.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It seemed like they were heading towards Eleanor stepping up into Michael's role perhaps.

Derek with the glow up. Almost has a full penis now and everything.

Chidi reacting to crazy after-life things is always great, like the time knife tonight.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Eleanor stepping up to become the new Michael would be awesome. Give her powers!!!! She already had a taste in Janet's void!!

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This show is perfect with its dips into the metaphysical lore.

Wonder what Shakespeare did to get into the bad place pre-globalization

Oct 25, 2017
On the podcast, they said that Maribeth Monroe (the actress playing Mindy) was expected to be pregnant for the episode, so there are versions of the script where Derek actually got her pregnant. Which would have been suuuper weird.

Also, for those who don't know, the visual effects lead for the show is David Niednagel, which is why the writers named the slug after him. The slug noises are also a mix of his voice and a squirrel, apparently. Which is great.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
On the podcast, they said that Maribeth Monroe (the actress playing Mindy) was expected to be pregnant for the episode, so there are versions of the script where Derek actually got her pregnant. Which would have been suuuper weird.

Also, for those who don't know, the visual effects lead for the show is David Niednagel, which is why the writers named the slug after him. The slug noises are also a mix of his voice and a squirrel, apparently. Which is great.
I loved that. I listen to each podcast, sometimes a few times each, and when they called it a Niednagel, I died.

I cant wait to listen to this weeks podcast

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This episode was amazing. Loving where the plot is headed.

I get the feeling the experiment will fail but in the process they will have a created an actual decent Medium Place which will lead to a reform of the points system anyway

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how does that work? Was she actually pregnant but not showing enough that they just didn't call attention to it?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great episode. Felt like it was firing on all cylinders. Too bad next week is the season finale.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
I miss when the show was about the characters and not some sci-fi nonsense plotting. I don't mean to be negative, but the show's been steadily downhill since season 1. At least they've stopped rebooting continually. I respect the creativity and the uniqueness of it though.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I miss when the show was about the characters and not some sci-fi nonsense plotting. I don't mean to be negative, but the show's been steadily downhill since season 1. At least they've stopped rebooting continually. I respect the creativity and the uniqueness of it though.
I mean we just had an episode arc covering the main characters families and back stories that I thought was really well done

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode, glad to be back in the neighborhood again

Seeing it being rebuilt gave me a real lump in my throat. I didn't object to the Earthbound stuff as much as some others did, but holy moly, it's good to be back, and I'm really excited now to see where this is going.

Last season it kind-of worked out that the finale was in the penultimate episode, pretty much, with the actual final episode really feeling more like establishing the new status quo going forwards. I wonder if we're going to be looking at that again this time around, with this being the narrative climax of this season, and the next episode will have some of the flavour of what's to come.

I was really amused by the fact that the episode title just refers to a throwaway gag that had little to do directly with the narrative.

i'd say Janet is turning into the god due to some JB timey wimey thing.
Curious if Derek's now technically more advanced than her, hasn't he had more resets? Still, that came from a... lower base level!

I need to catch up with the podcast (I got a couple of episodes into the Season 3 breakdowns), but thanks to it I picked up on the Niednagel's name right away.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I was really amused by the fact that the episode title just refers to a throwaway gag that had little to do directly with the narrative.
Sure, little throwaway gag. Like the time knife won't come back later with some actual importance. Maybe it will have something to do with the tittle.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, little throwaway gag. Like the time knife won't come back later with some actual importance. Maybe it will have something to do with the tittle.

Fair point, shouldn't jump to conclusions. My thoughts were more driven by that I was so curious about what the title meant, and then on seeing it... it just meant that Chidi saw the Time-Knife. In hindsight, prolly should have seen that coming.