• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hadn't really thought about her as a choice, but I do like the possibility now that someone has brought it up.

tenor.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who has been really tempted to make some Peep Chilli, now that Easter candy is back on store shelves?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I need Chidi to be in more things. He's so great. I know he's in Midsommar but I hope he becomes a star.

Also nay on the chili, though I wouldn't mind watching something like Binging with Babish try it...

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're getting into the stuff that everyone wants to know with season 4, like if Michael has a penis.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
My God

I'm devastated, but it's good to see them know exactly where they want to end it

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show so much, but it definitely wasn't a premise I wanted to see stretched too far. Can't wait to see how it wraps up.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Huh...

So, as sad as the news is, I always did kinda hope that they'd end it on a good note, rather than keep it going just to keep it going. So I just hope that this last season is very solid with that in mind.

...but I feel like they mentioned having more than 4 seasons in mind in some interviews, right? Which makes me wonder how much this was actually planned or not. Hmm.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
That makes sense. I'm glad they're going with the most natural ending point, instead of forcing it to be something it's not. I shall cherish this final season all the more.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Very beautifully put and I respect their decision here. I would much prefer this over a show getting infinitely renewed past it's natural endpoint. (See: Dexter, X-Files)

I feel like they mentioned having more than 4 seasons in mind in some interviews, right? Which makes me wonder how much this was actually planned or not. Hmm.

Read the note again. This is addressed.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I kinda like the move. Already one of my favorite shows, I hope they nail the ending.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Good. As delightful as the show is, stretching out the premise too much further would be detrimental. I think we were already starting to see signs of fatigue in S3. I feel like they could have just overwritten the last episode of S2 with the last episode of S3 and we'd be in pretty much the same place (minus Simone). This gives me hope that S4 will make real progress this time.

It's good that the showrunners know when to end it. Always leave them wanting more..

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Good decision. Glad to see they have an ending figured out and they're working towards it now.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
I'm glad they're able to end the series on their own terms, and the worst thing that could happen to this show is run out of steam and start coasting.

I have all faith that this last season will be great.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Always like to hear that a series is ending on the creatives' terms.
Still gonna be really sad to see this wonderful weird show end though.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they had said that The Good Place was always conceptualized as a 5 season show, so I am a little disheartened to read that they are ending it "early". At the same time, I'm glad to know what we will definitely be getting a definitive conclusion, and they aren't writing with the assumption that they will automatically get a 5th season (which could go awry if NBC decided to cancel after Season 4). As much as I would like to think that they are ending "on their own terms" I have to think that this decision happened because they were uncertain about whether or not they would get renewed after this season.

I have complete faith that they will be able to wrap things up in a really funny and satisfying way, so it is hard to be upset.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bittersweet, but at the end of it I think we'll just have a truly amazing show, so I'm more than fine with this.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they are going out on their own terms. Nothing worse than a show that goes on past the natural endpoint, burns out and then just gets cancelled without a proper ending. I much prefer a show that is complete and ends how the show runners want it to end, even if it is a joy to watch.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
nah, this is good. who wants a show going longer than it needs to?

i can't wait to watch it all back from the beginning. what an awesome and special show.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
I'll be sad to see it go but at least they know it's their last and can plan accordingly. Never felt like a premise that could be drawn out much longer to be honest. Here's hoping they stick the landing.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news. This is the last show I'd want to see stretched out or cancelled out of the blue. It was never meant to last forever like the usual sitcom.

If they land the 4th season it will be an absolute classic for years to come.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Im happy and sad at the same time - either way hyped for the next and final season. Lets go out with a bang.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Had they already started filming? At what point in the process is this announcement being made? I'm curious as to whether the decision for this to be the final season was made at the start or at the end. I'm on board either way, but I hope it isn't just because they mapped things out and realized they were running out of steam or something.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had they already started filming? At what point in the process is this announcement being made? I'm curious as to whether the decision for this to be the final season was made at the start or at the end. I'm on board either way, but I hope it isn't just because they mapped things out and realized they were running out of steam or something.

In an EW interview Mike Schur said they made this decision while they were filming season 3.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Very bittersweet. Sad to see it go, but thrilled they got to end it on their own terms. That shit is RARE in TV, especially on networks

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm sad because usually when shows go out on their own, it's planned ahead a season. So, maybe this season would start and they would then say next is the last. This seems too soon. :(

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I'm fine with it. S3 already had some issues and I think given how fast things happen in this show, another season is enough to finish it.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, the podcast dropped a new episode yesterday.
Join host Marc Evan Jackson as he learns about a big announcement from show creator Mike Schur. Marc also chats with Mike and cast members D'Arcy Carden, Ted Danson, Manny Jacinto, Jameela Jamil and William Jackson Harper about Season 3 and Mike's plans for the future.