• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
But all Janet's know everything.
Yeah but none of the people in their communities would ever say "Hey Janet, turn this whole place into a Magic Disco Land" because they wouldn't know what that is, and other Janets are too wooden to decide to do that for themselves.

Like I said, ignore my picking of nits.

Also I feel like some stuff definitely got cut from this episode. Shawn and the Weird Sex Stuff accountant both disappeared unceremoniously and I'm sure they must have filmed something with them leaving.

VioletVVitch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but none of the people in their communities would ever say "Hey Janet, turn this whole place into a Magic Disco Land" because they wouldn't know what that is, and other Janets are too wooden to decide to do that for themselves.

Haha fair. But who knows, maybe in the 70s someone in the good place decided to ask Janet what was going down on earth and after learning of disco, and being a good person, they couldn't not make her be disco Janet. Or maybe disco was always secretly in her heart and the manifesto brought it out? With this show I feel like there is no wrong answer.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I choose to believe that some in the real good place would want to keep up with the changes on Earth and some may have loved the disco era.

Oct 25, 2017
I did not expect the Judge to go full Noah after her ruling. Such a great twist.

And the funerals were really sweet. Eleanor's "Dead AF" shirt made me giggle.

"Yes but I used the pages to wipe my BUTT so don't pop a stiffy just yet" is my new favorite Bad Janet line.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I did not expect the Judge to go full Noah after her ruling. Such a great twist.

And the funerals were really sweet. Eleanor's "Dead AF" shirt made me giggle.

"Yes but I used the pages to wipe my BUTT so don't pop a stiffy just yet" is my new favorite Bad Janet line.
Actually I take it all back. If Bad Janet could impart the knowledge of the unfairness of the human condition to and recruit every other Janet, including the Medium Janets, to rebel against the order of the Universe then surely they have the capacity to love disco from that point.

Edit: (looking back at it, in a vacuum that is maybe the craziest sentence I've ever typed on the internet.)

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or are they being really inconsistent with what marbling a Janet means? It was first introduced as a way to really kill Janets, then our Janet was marbled and it was undone, and now the show is presenting it like they can't just de-marble Janet's as the Judge marble-izes them, thus trapping her in an endless search as the Janets pass the humanity-exterminator between them for eternity.

Also, calling it now: Jason is going to be vital to coming up with the new system and Eleanor will feel silly for discounting him. They always put him down like that, but when an important insight needs to come up, it's usually Jason who provides it.
Oh and I desperately need the Janets arriving remixed to "Portals" from Avengers Endgame. Somebody get on that.
Yes, somebody get on this. That was an awesome moment.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Dead AF! Twists aside it could have worked as the series finale with the funeral speeches. Chidi is going to need a lot of help to make firm decisions...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Pewdiepie joke had me rolling and the judge singing 'The Crossroads' was great.

Yeah, did not expect Maya Rudolph to break out the Bone Thugs-N-Harmony or ride for Ally McBeal like that. Good choice in TV with the Justified Season 2 DVD.

Also seeing Tahani in sweat pants was shocking. I love the fact Jason called her British accent a speech impediment, lol.

Let's hope Chidi can come through in the clutch.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Interesting episode. I'm still really enjoying this show, but it does sort of feel like to me that they didn't exactly know where to take this show. Season 1 had that amazing twist, and it feels like they have kept trying to really shake the formula up ever since. For the most part, this has been wonderful, but something just feels a little off about it this season.

Regardless, it's still a great show overall! Loved Disco Janet, lol. Also lol'd at the Ghostbusters line and the Judge singing Crossroads. They pull references from all over the place. :D

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny the Judge was hesitant because it wasn't overwhelming evidence even though it is and Brent points reduction are minimal but whatever

Was Simone ever judgemental before considering she was gaining by being more flexible with her judgement of people
"Earth is cancelled" lol
Cancel culture has gone too far I tell you

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I expect them to realize the perfect system to judge people already exists or something, basically the fake Good Place they have been using. Demons get to torture humans until they improve and then they get sent to the good place or medium place.

Last edited:

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or are they being really inconsistent with what marbling a Janet means? It was first introduced as a way to really kill Janets, then our Janet was marbled and it was undone, and now the show is presenting it like they can't just de-marble Janet's as the Judge marble-izes them, thus trapping her in an endless search as the Janets pass the humanity-exterminator between them for eternity.

Yeah, I was kind of bothered by that, too. Originally, marbling a Janet was listed under the "self-destruct" section of the manual, so it always seemed like it would be the kind of thing that would be irreversible.

Oct 25, 2017
On the podcast it's implied that Mike Schur has a particularly strong disdain for Pewdiepie.

And Marc admitted he had to look up who that was.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Another great episode (that's 2 in a row!). I figured that something like redoing the evaluation system would occur but didn't see the "rebooting humankind" thing coming.

I gotta say... the people from The Good Place are oddly so torturous with how overboard they are with everything. Looking forward to seeing how the system develops from here. Chidi with his memories back might not actually be as indecisive as he was in reboots. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show's finally interesting again (the new setup just wasn't working imo) but I can't help feel they probably should have gone in this direction sooner. Still, Chidi being the one person to save all of humanity is a great (and funny) choice to make.

Also Fuck (and I absolutely cannot emphasize this enough) Pewdiepie

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Interesting episode. I'm still really enjoying this show, but it does sort of feel like to me that they didn't exactly know where to take this show. Season 1 had that amazing twist, and it feels like they have kept trying to really shake the formula up ever since. For the most part, this has been wonderful, but something just feels a little off about it this season.

Regardless, it's still a great show overall! Loved Disco Janet, lol. Also lol'd at the Ghostbusters line and the Judge singing Crossroads. They pull references from all over the place. :D
not really as Kristen got the jist of the entire series from Mike long ago

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did it really take THIS many episodes to see Jason shirtless because my word

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. I should've seen it coming that the Judge would go overboard on how to solve their dilemma. Also the fake funerals honestly had me pretty emotional

Oh and I desperately need the Janets arriving remixed to "Portals" from Avengers Endgame. Somebody get on that.

Omg I need this too

Oh my lord the Pewdiepie joke had me howling, best bit of the episode, bless Mike Schur!

Yea that had me rolling lmao

Did it really take THIS many episodes to see Jason shirtless because my word

First Chidi, now Jason

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the PewDiePie smackdown. That shit was good . What a great couple of episodes.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great episode. Seems like the show should be on full throttle now until the finale.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
The Answer
In an attempt to plan a better future, Chidi considers his past.
This is the last episode to air in 2019. The remainder of the series will air in January.

And since I missed posting it last week, last week's episode was:
The Funeral to End All Funerals
The group awaits the judge's final decision on the fate of human existence.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
New episode tonight:
The Answer
In an attempt to plan a better future, Chidi considers his past.
This is the last episode to air in 2019. The remainder of the series will air in January.

And since I missed posting it last week, last week's episode was:
The Funeral to End All Funerals
The group awaits the judge's final decision on the fate of human existence.

This is going to have one massive cliffhanger won't it?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

I mean I get it. But this cliffhanger is probably gonna kill me.