• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, the last episode was so good... I cant believe the series is almost over.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh no. This cliffhanger will be even more excruciating with the pace this episode is taking.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You could kind of assume it would be a flipped callback to Eleanor's note, but it was still adorable.

I guess this is going to lead to Chidi turning it around and trusting Eleanor to make the call on what determines good and bad and medium. Makes sense, as she's the main character and has steadily improved from being a dirtbag.

Also you could really tell that D'arcy Carden was crying during that scene that took place when Chidi wrote the note. Her eyes were so red and puffy.

This was really heartwarming and I'm so excited for whatever crazy shit we're gonna get with the few episodes remaining.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
That was one of my favorite epsiodes of the season. Chidi as a kid, clever use of seen and unseen do-overs and a perfect setup for next week.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
damn, that was real fucking good. scene with michael/chidi was just sublime. can't wait for the endgame in the new year.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I loved

Janet thinking she's too old to get married because she's infinity.

Jason's comments to Chidi about sometimes you just have to throw the molotov at the drone

Chidi talking to Michael about soul mates and the note.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
great episode, best of the season so far. focusing on a single character for a whole episode this close to the end is a bold choice but they pulled it off fantastically. really good show

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was slightly wary when it became clear it was a flashback episode but that was an amazing episode. I didn't realize this was going to be the last one until next year.

Oct 25, 2017
On the podcast we learn that the puffy-eyed Janet wasn't in the script. They had takes where D'arcy was dry-eyed. but she couldn't stop herself from crying as she watched Ted and Will acting, so there were other takes where her eyes were red. It was an editing choice to show us that take and it BROKE me in that moment.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite episode this season so far it's not necessarily the funniest but it's the sweetest

I do love seeing how Michael was torturing by leaning into his indecisiveness and him doing an evil smile when chidi wasn't looking

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
On the podcast we learn that the puffy-eyed Janet wasn't in the script. They had takes where D'arcy was dry-eyed. but she couldn't stop herself from crying as she watched Ted and Will acting, so there were other takes where her eyes were red. It was an editing choice to show us that take and it BROKE me in that moment.
I just listened to that bit and was going to come in and basically make this exact post.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, am I ambivalent. It was a great episode, and it made me tear up. On the other hand, I really don't like that there was no forward motion of the plot. It effectively ended where last week ended, and now we have to wait until January.

This would be one of my favorite episodes if there was an episode next week. It would be fantastic if you were binge watching.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
It was such a small point, but I loved it when Tahani said she's confident because she's screwed up plenty in the past.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, am I ambivalent. It was a great episode, and it made me tear up. On the other hand, I really don't like that there was no forward motion of the plot. It effectively ended where last week ended, and now we have to wait until January.

This would be one of my favorite episodes if there was an episode next week. It would be fantastic if you were binge watching.
Yeah, same here.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the best cliffhanger episode but I'd rather them write the story in a way that supports a continuum rather than force themselves into finding a cliffhanger right at the fall break.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, was this the last episode of the year? Good focus on Chidi, who hasn't really gotten a whole lot of the spotlight on him over the last few episodes.

Oct 27, 2017
My god, this show is simply too amazing. Baby Chidi getting a tummy-ache over being asked about his name made me laugh out loud. And that note... it made me think of a similar scene from Your Name which only made the tears flow harder.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that episode actually was pretty emotional. Such a great show, it only sucks I have to wait til January now.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That ending was so good and kind of happy we never got a cut clear answer to what happens next. I'm going to miss this show so much.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait this was the midseason finale?!

Oh dear... The wait for the last 5 episodes is going to be rough.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You know that wasn't the series finale, right? There are more episodes to come in January.
On a whim I searched "good place" on twitter last night to see conversation about the episode and a bunch of people seemed to think it was the series finale. Did NBC call it the "fall finale" in marketing or something? People were confused.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite episodes for sure.

Chidi's journey from indecisive dorky sidekick to literal game-changer has been fantastic.

There's just something so satisfying about finally seeing him stand with confidence for once and "get it" after waffling for so long.

His scene with Janet too... Probably in the top 3 best scenes in the show, I think.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know that wasn't the series finale, right? There are more episodes to come in January.

There's more coming?!

drool.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
oh god this episode.

I did the same thing Chidi did to my parents when I was a little kid and found out they were on the verge of divorce. I don't know what that says about me, but hearing Michael talk about it the way that he did...

Fuck.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA

I caught up with the past 5 at once leading up to this. It was awesome.

'There is no "answer" Eleanor is the answer'

was just perfect to show Chidi's growth.

Also I don't think it's so much the show isn't funny anymore (Statham had me lol, a Reese's peanut butter cup that was all chocolate, Brent is always funny to me) it's that if you've watched since the beginning you're more likely far more invested in the characters actions and the plot than the comedy.

I think the comedy in these last episodes will land better on repeat series viewings.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I caught up with the past 5 at once leading up to this. It was awesome.

'There is no "answer" Eleanor is the answer'

was just perfect to show Chidi's growth.

Also I don't think it's so much the show isn't funny anymore (Statham had me lol, a Reese's peanut butter cup that was all chocolate, Brent is always funny to me) it's that if you've watched since the beginning you're more likely far more invested in the characters actions and the plot than the comedy.

I think the comedy in these last episodes will land better on repeat series viewings.
Oh, yeah, as I said, it was all great stuff. I just wish the plot had advanced in that episode.And I definitely still find things funny on the show for sure.

And you are definitely right about being invested in the character. I love Team Cockroach!

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Oh, yeah, as I said, it was all great stuff. I just wish the plot had advanced in that episode.And I definitely still find things funny on the show for sure.

And you are definitely right about being invested in the character. I love Team Cockroach!

We hadn't really had anything 'proper' Chidi related in a while so I adored it. Now I know we have till wait to next year I guess it's a little disappointing they didn't break on a bigger event for us to chew on over the holidays.

Am I crazy for thinking they're all going to end up running different departments of the afterlife that suit their characters to evaluate humans, Michael's going to take over running Earth and the afterlife of humans.

I think they'll get rid of points entirely, maybe reset Earth and that'll be the world we live in today. They'll abolish the good place and the bad place and just have 'the place', another life where we all just keep going, keep learning, day by day.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Am I crazy for thinking they're all going to end up running different departments of the afterlife that suit their characters to evaluate humans, Michael's going to take over running Earth and the afterlife of humans.

I think they'll get rid of points entirely, maybe reset Earth and that'll be the world we live in today. They'll abolish the good place and the bad place and just have 'the place', another life where we all just keep going, keep learning, day by day.
Very interesting idea. As of right now, I wouldn't say I really have any solid theory in place for how this is going to end up. Seems like it could go in several directions.

Clearly they have to get rid of (or massively overhaul) the points system. It's broken for good. I doubt they will change anything about daily life on Earth for humans, if only because this show is set in "our world" sort of. Kind of like how Supernatural S1 was "our world except there are monsters," compared to how Supernatural has been for 10 years for now when it is an alternative universe from ours.

What they might do is a establish Other People Places where everyone winds up in a neighborhood with people like them so that they can grow together. Although I imagine there still has to be some kind of Bad Place equivalent for murderers, rapists, etc.