• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
You've Changed, Man
The group works to negotiate an afterlife plan with Shawn and the judge.

Note new air time of 8:30/7:30c.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are only 5 episodes left! (The series finale is a two parter that will air together.)

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I really hope season 4 comes to Netflix soon after. I just binge watched the first 3 and I have no way to start season 4 from the beginning.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Gonna rewatch the last episode again for probably the 6th or 7th time before the new one tonight, can't wait

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I simultaneously feel that the conclusion Eleanor and the gang reached about what the afterlife should be was reached too quickly, too slowly and just at the perfect pace. Overall, quite solid episode. I'm excited to think about the 90 minutes left in the show, they could do so much with it.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I simultaneously feel that the conclusion Eleanor and the gang reached about what the afterlife should be was reached too quickly, too slowly and just at the perfect pace. Overall, quite solid episode. I'm excited to think about the 90 minutes left in the show, they could do so much with it.
Honestly I'm disappointed it took them this long to reach this conclusion. It does feel like a natural pace for the characters though.

But man. The next couple of episodes is going to be hard. These characters are great and I dont want to see them go.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the beginning of the end, good episode. Also I need to watch Justified.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Well, this was largely predictable. At this point the only surprise will be to see how it actually ends.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, this was largely predictable. At this point the only surprise will be to see how it actually ends.
An interesting theory my friend came up with is that the show's breaking the fourth wall and claiming *we're* in the afterlife model they proposed- the "small voice in one's head" is probably our conscience, which everyone has already.

Although "follow your conscience" sounds a bit weak for the final ethical point of the show, so that might be wrong

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
An interesting theory my friend came up with is that the show's breaking the fourth wall and claiming *we're* in the afterlife model they proposed- the "small voice in one's head" is probably our conscience, which everyone has already.
Yes, everyone including the characters on the show. Eleanor's and Tahani's "little voice" have been brought up several times. Tahani's sounds like Maggie Smith, remember?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know how they still have multiple episodes left, but I am ready to find out.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Jason casually playing with the reset button was just annoying. Like, we know he's not that stupid, and making him dumb for the sake of a cheap laugh didn't even get that much out of me.

The resolution to the world ending scenario seemed just a little too easy and convenient to me. For being bent on resetting everything so hard, that presentation doesn't seem like it would have been enough to convince her.

For that matter, why would the Judge care what Sean thinks, and why was convincing him the lynchpin to saving everyone?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Digging the set up for the rest of the season. Love confident Chidi!

Also could really feel that Ken Tremendous influence quite a bit with Shawn/The Good Place being an analogue to Trump/Liberals who bend over backwards to placate cons.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
For that matter, why would the Judge care what Sean thinks, and why was convincing him the lynchpin to saving everyone?

It needed to be something that both the good and bad palce representatives could agree on. The Good place people just go with anything and Sean was going against things to spite everyone and the Judge, being someone who is non-partial and "fair" wouldn't accept any new plan that wasn't accepted by both sides.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
They are going in pretty hard with the political analogy. Shaun went full US Republican when the gang first approached him with the medium place. Love it

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
It's the beginning of the end, good episode. Also I need to watch Justified.
DEADWOOD HAS THE BEST OLYPHANT

NFTq63k.gif

The Grinder has the best olyphant

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
A problem I can see with how the new plan would work: What would stop the Bad Place architects from just running all over the Good Place architects? If the Committee are anything to go by, the Bad Place architects will just be able to do anything they want.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A problem I can see with how the new plan would work: What would stop the Bad Place architects from just running all over the Good Place architects? If the Committee are anything to go by, the Bad Place architects will just be able to do anything they want.

It depends on who's running it, who's telling them they failed, and how will they train and add more people to follow suit with the plan.

Getting actual humans to help people run the communities like Eleanor and the crew did is another method.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The crew are likely going to be the people to make sure the good place don't get trampled over

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to have the show back for the last few weeks. The plan was the natural place for them to reach but it could go anywhere from here. Shawn was a delight as always as well.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything Jason said in this ep was gold.
Though my favourite line was definitely Shawn's
"You corkscrew your first eyeball and you think, I can't believe they're paying me for this! But by your trillionth you ask yourself, maybe I should have just been a teacher..."