• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they dropped a little of the 1998 added dialogue, which was all so bland compared to the original 1993 dialogue.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i think he's just relocated to somewhere else, cuz i heard there's still camera and photography in the game.

I've not been watching the footage outside of direct trailers so maybe!. Depends how much they change up the photo questline since a few of them are easily missable and if it was the same as the DX version, they're pretty limited as to where it can occur given you need him to be there before dungeon 3 or one would be missed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've not been watching the footage outside of direct trailers so maybe!. Depends how much they change up the photo questline since a few of them are easily missable and if it was the same as the DX version, they're pretty limited as to where it can occur given you need him to be there before dungeon 3 or one would be missed.
i THINK (based on what i remember from the easy allies video) that the quest is now completely changed, you have a camera and take photos of a lot of stuff around the island. i assume someone still has to give you the camera.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
need to see antikirby before i pass judgement. if the sword does any damage I'm boycotting the game. also touching him should be an instant death.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jumping on goombas is the most consistent heart drop in the game. they have nothing to be happy about.

maybe goombas are masochists

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
LA_-_Frog_Song_of_Soul.gif

He just has Wart's Japanese name in LA.
Oh yeah Wart would be super cool to see in 3D for the first time.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
They should make them angry for the NA version. Link too. Then people will stop calling it a kiddy game
/s

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aw man, they're taking out the photographer guy? those were some great moments šŸ˜Ÿ

Oct 25, 2017
That's the stuff!

I can't decide what had the best vibes of Nintendo's E3 presentation: Link's Awakening, the Banjo reveal, or Animal Crossing.

Regardless, my theory that the joyful creativity from Nintendo's games is inversely proportional to the horrors of the real world is still holding strong.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The art style is warming up on me fast. "Toy Link" is a cool concept.

I'm glad they didn't go with a straight-up rip of the original Super Mario Goomba design.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Link's Awakening isn't the only game that had random Mario characters.

Bob-ombs from Mario 2 made their way into the Oracle games and Minish Cap.
ss_loztmc_bob-omb.png

Lakitu and also its spinies, who weren't even in Link's Awakening in any way, were brought into Minish Cap as well.
ss_loztmc_lakitu_trophy1.png

Togezo_FS.png

I think that's even crazier, because while Link's Awakening is all imaginary stuff, these Lakitu are real. I fully expect to see one in Breath of the Wild 2.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Link's Awakening isn't the only game that had random Mario characters.

Bob-ombs from Mario 2 made their way into the Oracle games and Minish Cap.
ss_loztmc_bob-omb.png

Lakitu and also its spinies, who weren't even in Link's Awakening in any way, were brought into Minish Cap as well.
ss_loztmc_lakitu_trophy1.png

Togezo_FS.png

I think that's even crazier, because while Link's Awakening is all imaginary stuff, these Lakitu are real. I fully expect to see one in Breath of the Wild 2.
028.png

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you really need to make a separate thread for every detail you notice in this trailer?