• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starts December 8th.

New trailer has dropped today, looks like it's going to be a whole load of fun. Just want I love. This trio are so good together.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want a whole load of fun, just less scripted fun.

Excited for more though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of petered out around Christmas last year (saw the Finnish Christmas episode, didn't see the road trip), probably ought to catch up. For what I saw I think I preferred New Top Gear, although I'm told TGT gets better as the series goes on (and it'll be interesting to see how it adapts after the feedback from the first run)

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Man, December 8th? Later than I expected.

Is it still gonna be one episode a week, or are they putting them all up at once?

The first season is one of the most impressive uses of HDR I've seen. The buggies in the Namibian desert looked amazing.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's better than the first season.

I had to force myself to go back and finish it as it just didn't really do it for me.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first season but I really wish they change a few things. Get rid of the American driver for the hot laps, and PLEASE do not continue that strange celebrity guest joke.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first season but I really wish they change a few things. Get rid of the American driver for the hot laps, and PLEASE do not continue that strange celebrity guest joke.
Yeah the American was kind of a dud. I get what they were going for and he was clearly a good driver, but he fell flat.

I will admit, the first time they did the celebrity guest joke had me really laughing. The absurdity of it kept it working for me.

CheeseTom

Oct 27, 2017
Season 1 was a rocky start, but man the visuals are absolutely gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to seeing the next season.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
End of the trailer says "stream the new season" on the 8th, are they dropping it all at once this time?

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
In. The first season had some issues with the forced scripted content, but the actual car stuff was great (and the military training they did). Hopefully, S2 is a bit less scripted.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet I have a 16 hour flight on the 8th!
-Hopefully they will have made it interesting this time.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
3gORiwY.gif

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of petered out around Christmas last year (saw the Finnish Christmas episode, didn't see the road trip), probably ought to catch up. For what I saw I think I preferred New Top Gear, although I'm told TGT gets better as the series goes on (and it'll be interesting to see how it adapts after the feedback from the first run)

That's pretty much the exact point I petered out as well. The ice-cream thing didn't help, just was an example of when their written jokes just... aren't good. Too much weird format stuff, overplanning on the trips (I know I know I know they always had stuff planned, it's telly, I've read all the behind the scenes things) and the tent bits being perpetually rubbish. There were fun films (I think, I enjoyed them at the time but can't remember much beyond the one where they pretended they were saving a diplomat in the most scripted but still funny bit ever), but I just stopped caring enough to make the effort to seek it out each week. If I stumbled across it on TV, I'd probably have watched, but I didn't go out of my way to.

Hopefully by removing the touring tent thing they can settle things down a bit, learn a bit from the first series, and make some great films.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good but I'm sad they changed the absolute best thing about the first season, and a bullet point for their sell of the show as a whole:

The Grand Tour's Executive Producer Andy Wilman added: "It's clear that the most popular 'Grand Tour' element of the show is when the chaps are roaming the globe on their big adventures and road trips, so that's what we're doing a lot more of for this series.

"We'll keep the studio in one place, and given how accident prone they are at the minute, that can only be a good thing!"

People who wanted less scriptedness probably won't be happy, and it's becoming less and less of the great variety show it used to be.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to go back and finish season 1. What I've seen so far was good, just not on the level I was hoping for (Though episode 1 was really great).

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gave it 4 or 5 episodes and it was all so forced. That military ops exercise was just about the last straw. I think I've outgrown Clarkson as well, he's too much of a jerk for me to watch any more.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
As already mentioned, if you have a 4K set that does HDR, then this show is a must watch. Kinda hate I have to wait another month to watch it.

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
While the first season had some pretty poor episodes, with the military ops one in particular being utter rubbish, it was still a lot of fun overall. Really looking forward to this, especially now that I have a TV that does 4K and HDR.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably skip through episodes like I did with the first season. I found all their banter stuff in the studio absolutely unbearable and I couldn't stand the American, but I still like the in-car stuff.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, can't wait. There were hits and misses in the first season (like that special forces training exercise episode wtf), but generally I really enjoyed it.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
S1 was pretty disappointing in comparison to the old TG. Even the banter between the three felt forced and scripted. I miss the spontaneity of the past.

Raptor Jesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they get rid of that celebrity brain crash or whatever it was called.

Want to see more cheap care endurance runs.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I hope they have reigned it in a bit this season, the first season was ok, not great, it seemed that they were free to do what they wanted where they were held back by the Beeb and it was just too far.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to see a few changes this season:

The American segment is not working. It's not funny or interesting the way they show it.
Celebrity Brain Crash needs to go.
I want more historical pieces like the one May did on season one. I loved that bit.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a few changes this season:

The American segment is not working. It's not funny or interesting the way they show it.
Celebrity Brain Crash needs to go.
I want more historical pieces like the one May did on season one. I loved that bit.

The one about the Ford GT? That segment was absolutely amazing.

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
The american really has to go, or just put a helmet on him and shut him up...

Other than that, it was an okish first season with great shots.

Cant wait for season 2.

And i absolutely love embed youtube videos, best thing ever :)

captscience

Oct 25, 2017
There's a redditor that claims to have gone to one of the tent tapings. Apparently the American is gone and that the celebrity segment has been completely overhauled. Here's hoping it's true.