• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Hyped. Hopefully though, there's some sort of a christmas special, because those are always my favorites.

Perfect song choice.

This is the final season isn't it? Unless they do a new contract?

For now, this could be it. But if this was the end, I assume the marketing would play up the "last ride of the boys".

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this to drop.. Not too far off. Guessing they're still doing weekly episode drops?

Had a smile on my face the whole teaser. One of the most underrated aspects of this show is just how good it looks in 4K + HDR. One of the best showcases of that tech.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looked fantastic. Frankly can't wait to see it on my tv. Grand Tour has consistently been the best looking show not called Planet Earth I've seen on my HDR TV.

Oct 30, 2017
Both the Grand Tour & Top Gear (with new presenters) was trash in my opinion for the first seasons respectively.

But the second seasons of both were much improved.

Was nice to have two good fuel junkie shows on.

Hoping for an improvement again. That trailer certainly suggests we'll see one.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Been getting long in the tooth for me, same recycled jokes. Seems very forced and I've struggled to watch both seasons.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
It's only worth watching in 4K HDR. That said I didn't even get through season 2 yet.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Grand Tour is one of the best showcases for 4K. The best bits of Season 2 were driving the classic Jaguar and Aston Martin recreations in Pau, and Jeremy's documentary on Lancia's 2wd rally championship. I would be very sad if season 3 is the last.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Tour is one of the best showcases for 4K. The best bits of Season 2 were driving the classic Jaguar and Aston Martin recreations in Pau, and Jeremy's documentary on Lancia's 2wd rally championship. I would be very sad if season 3 is the last.
The Namibia series of episodes are jaw dropping.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
The Namibia series of episodes are jaw dropping.

Yeah they made a lot of really great stuff. I wish they would just scrap the celebrity interviews altogether though. That continues to be the weakest part, and most of them are just so long. The only one I recall enjoying was with Nick Mason and Stewart Copeland.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
So keen for the new season. The trio are truly some of the most amazing, kind and generous human beings on the planet, I hope we experience more of their greatness for many years to come.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to this. Season 2 was really fantastic, especially after the awful season 1.

Whatever happened to the season 2 Colombia special that was supposed to be on during this summer? Have they just kept it for season 3 instead?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this is the last season. Grand Tour has done very well for Amazon.
Yup, no way Amazon doesn't renew. Hell, they made a video game tie-in that has content based on each new episode this season as DLC! That doesn't sound like something you do for one season then stop.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, no way Amazon doesn't renew. Hell, they made a video game tie-in that has content based on each new episode this season as DLC! That doesn't sound like something you do for one season then stop.

It's their most expensive show but also they churn out a profit with the show. No reason for them not to renew.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Amazon released a presser on shows that make them money and Grand Tour makes them a shit load of money. Got to see if I can find a link. Would be crazy if they didn't renew.

Technosteve

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will Hamster come close to death this season? Will Jezza's teeth become more yellow? Will James win a challenge?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This year's road trip/christmas episodes are in trucks going through the jungle?

Sold. Jungle trips are best trips.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Really looking forward to this. Season 2 was really fantastic, especially after the awful season 1.

Whatever happened to the season 2 Colombia special that was supposed to be on during this summer? Have they just kept it for season 3 instead?

Actually, it's hinted that the ep will be this year Christmas Special. (Nothing confirmed so far, but the 20 first secs of the trailer in Colombia are amazing)...

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, it's hinted that the ep will be this year Christmas Special. (Nothing confirmed so far, but the 20 first secs of the trailer in Colombia are amazing)...

It was supposed to be a summer special in between season 2 and 3 but they just made it their season 3 special. They made the final episode of Mozambique as their special but it was originally supposed to just be a standard episode.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Yep good trailer. Ready for some silliness. It'll be interesting to see if the season is shaped around it being the end of the trio. W/E it's always good for a laugh and the cinematography in the features is still top notch.

I played this game the other day :D

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this episode fills the "America fuck yeah" quota for the rest of the season.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread but I'm pretty sure it's been renewed for season 4 too.