• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, what an excellent episode.

They're getting rid of the guest segment for the rest of the season too, I have a feeling this season will be up there with the best Top Gear seasons.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Was as excellent first episode. This show continues to be one of the prettiest things on TV.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A far cry from the wonkiness of the first season. And with the booting of guest stars doing the press circuit for their new film/book/some other wank, more excess fat has been cut and it seems this season is laser focused on the cars and the bantz. Looking forward to more.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I read somewhere that season 4 will be no tent/audience and just full episode specials.

Yeah that's the same I'd heard! My wife said something about Clarkson posting on twitter if anyone wants to buy a tent. I'm looking forward to that change tbh. The studio stuff feels like a bad attempt to keep an old habit around.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the same I'd heard! My wife said something about Clarkson posting on twitter if anyone wants to buy a tent. I'm looking forward to that change tbh. The studio stuff feels like a bad attempt to keep an old habit around.

Yep. And we get the Columbia Special next week to boot!

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was coming soon, but was totally surprised and stoked to see it on the Up Next section on Apple TV.

Great first episode. Having driven through Detroit many times on the way to visit in-laws, it was fun to see it presented that way. That theater had some incredible architecture.

It's weird, neither my wife or myself are car enthusiasts or know anything about cars. But we both love this show. Helps that it's consistently jaw dropping in 4K HDR.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first episode! Hammond's and May's cars were especially ridiculous (in the best way)! My son and I were cracking up when they were comparing fuel efficiencies. The Exorcist's 3.9 MPG!? I loved when Jeremy reported 13 MPG and Hammond asked him if it was a hybrid.

It looked amazing in 4K!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
How's the stuff that isn't them doing racing and doing bits? I thought the studio stuff was really wooden and too rehearsed in the last season.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Got excited when I saw this was up already last night. Great first episode.

If I heard right, we get 16 weeks of episodes this time. Yes!

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the tent stuff isn't really needed anymore. Remnants of their Top Gear days. They're specials and funny road trips is why I watch the show!

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it was super expensive to keep transporting it and building / tearing down but I really liked the idea of the traveling tent around the world with the first series.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm late to this show but it was one of my favorites by far. Even the wife watches and laughs and that's a win/win!

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the first episode.

Cinematography is off the charts in this show, wow.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
What a perfect first episode. The Senna VT was spectacular and my god, the cinematography is mind blowing. This show continues to be one of the best 4K HDR showcases.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll kind of miss the stars in cars bit, but they never could quite recapture the simple pleasure of their old track, could they?

Anyway, my GF will be super excited that they're back on.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
I'll kind of miss the stars in cars bit, but they never could quite recapture the simple pleasure of their old track, could they?

Anyway, my GF will be super excited that they're back on.

Nope. But let's be honest. The specials are always the best. Next season will be nothing but traveling. Fitting the name the grand tour.

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
What a great start to the season, woah. Gorgeous!

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the first episode of season 3 yesterday - really strong start.

But the guys really should get their teeth fixed - looks really disgusting in 4k.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the first episode of season 3 yesterday - really strong start.

But the guys really should get their teeth fixed - looks really disgusting in 4k.
LOL, the wife and I had exactly the same thoughts.
Edit: And Hammond dyes.

Great start to the new series, for shure. Even conversation street was funny this time.

Last edited:

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The fastest racetrack in Europe has to Monza, right? Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest lap in F1 ever at Monza last year.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
They could actually do all the talk of cars on location. If next season they will ditch the tent.

Park their car in an exotic area and do conversation street

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They could actually do all the talk of cars on location. If next season they will ditch the tent.

Park their car in an exotic area and do conversation street
The conversation street though generally is going to respond to news trends--things that happen months after shooting the segments. It's one of those "no other good way to do this" things.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So, the episode coming up is the Colombia special, it's a 2 parter, part 1 coming in the usual time and part 2 on saturday.