• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good list, but with some glaring omissions like Metroid Prime, ANY fighting game (really, nothing made the list?), ANY DMC/Bayonetta (again, no representation for the genre at all)...

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Left 4 Dead over Counterstrike, really?

GTA4 shouldn't be anywhere near a list like this either.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No Metroid Prime makes this a bad list, sorry. Mario Odyssey over Galaxy is a choice, I guess. Can't agree with having GTA IV on the list, which doesn't belong at all, and not San Andreas

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Halo entry...
released at a time when the idea of a first-person shooter on a console was laughable
So Goldeneye, Timesplitters and Perfect Dark were laughable? At least try to know what you're talking about when you write these things.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
People there don't play fighting games huh?
So many good to choose: SF3s, MVC2, SFIV, Soul Calibur 2, VF5, T7...
Also at first I though they only picked 1 game from a series, but then I saw GTAIV and V at the list. Then I gotta ask why MGSV on 12th and MGS2 and 3 not even on the list, Halo 1 and not 3, only 1 Gears, not including the first RDR, etc...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No Okami, No Monster Hunter, No Street Fighter and no Devil May Cry?

Had it not been for Resident Evil 4 on the list I think they hated Capcom or something.

Also no Astro Bot either. No VR games at all.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
No Stephen's Sausage Roll is worse. But yeah, not enough puzzle games. None, to be exact. Swap at least one of the shooters with a few of those games: a Tetris game (Tetris DS, Tetris Effect, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Tetris 99), Meteos, Polarium Advanced, Picross 3D, hell even Threes, Candy Crush or 2048 would be something.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I'm sorry but he's probably.............."

tenor.gif

BigBlue

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I agree with pretty much everything on this list. Only glaring omissions are Bayonetta 2 and Metroid Prime

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but Last of us at 24 ? Metal gear solid V over every other metal gear game ? Gta 4 being on the list at all and probably most egregious, dark souls over Bloodborne.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
It's like a mishmash of someone's favourite "well received" games and it hasn't been ordered well. Like they didn't actually like some games on the list but they knew they had to be on there so they chucked them in wherever.

Also just putting SingStar and on it and not making space for rockband really screams European.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a problem with #1 being Minecraft, though the way they describe Notch is uh, hrmm
Swedish coder Markus "Notch" Persson didn't invent the concept of the block-based building game – Minecraft arrived just after Zach Barth's experimental title Infiniminer. However, the founder of Stockholm studio Mojang took the idea of a Lego-like construction game based in a procedurally generated environment and perfected it. Originally launched as a work in progress in the summer of 2009, word about this unusual blocky simulation quickly spread on PC gaming forums and a community of enthusiastic modders started to gather around the project, downloading Persson's version but adding their own rules and graphics. From the very beginning Minecraft was a shared endeavour – a labour of love, shared between creator and fans.

Feels like this was written five years ago back when nobody had any idea that Notch is a horrible bigot.

RAWcolour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
These kinds of lists by broader outlets are always more interesting to me than what game-centric sites do. I think this lists reflects better games in the context of whole media/culture. TLOU being 24th makes sense as compared to best TV/film out there the story is pretty mediocre and it doesn't play to the strengths of it's medium (gameplay) neither.

If anything I would have liked to see Nier Automata there though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the sins this lists commits, SoTC and Deus Ex being so low is straight up unforgivable. Yeahh opinions and all, so whatever, but There Will Be Blood & Under the Skin cracking the Top 10 didn't save their films list for me just like Witcher 3 & Bloodborne fail to save this one.

Sure, I get the argument for Minecraft being #1, but in the words of Abby Russell(in reference to Tetris winning GB's GOTY) that choice comes off as "toothless and mild".

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So you are telling me uncharted had great gameplay?

ive seen it all now

Yes?

The Last of Us and Uncharted have both had very successful Multiplayer modes.

These multiplayer modes are literally made up of only gameplay and zero story and cinematics.

If the gameplay was bad no one would be playing modes that literally only contain gameplay and nothing else.

Nov 23, 2017
No Final Fantasy on that list really shows how far fallen the franchise has been. FF VII Remake will be joining that list next year, though.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
It' s a list made by people who only know about video games through the advertising or popularity it reflects. This list is worthless.