• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Uuuuuuuggggh, I lost an elbow joint while building my FA-78-3. Now I'm gonna have to kitbash something. I have an extra RX-78-2, might try that.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Gundam Base was like 10% more expensive compared to the other random stores that sold gunpla when I visited Japan. I just went for a gundam base limited plated RG Astray Red, which looks really sweet.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Seed. Though all they had to say about it was that it was still coming in 2020, and the ultra edition will have both the old and new dubs.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I like Mr. Super Clear to top coat. Comes in flat, semi and gloss.

As for Epyon, I've heard good things about the Glory of the Losers MG, but I've only built the old HG 1/100 and no grade 1/144 back when Gundam W kits were eeeeeeeeeverywhere in 00/01
That stuff seems handy, but I've decided to skip the clear coat for now, my budget is tight and I can't justify it... plus I can always do it later as long as I store it in a safe place.

Also that master grade of the Epyon looks sick(then again outside of the Tallgeese seems most of the wing kits are best in master grade). When I have a budget again I'll have to consider it

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The weakest episodes early are the ones before the Egypt episode which is like 9, I think. They all introduce characters that will be reoccurring though, I think. At least the main 5 + the England episode.
Dang i am still early having watched ep 2 which had a really short gundam fight :/
Ah will keep at it then.

The fuck kinda name is chibodee though :v

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The annoying thing about G is that it creates this five-episode pattern -- a Domon episode, followed by a Chibodee, then a George, then a Sai, then an Argo episode -- and repeats that over and over again for much of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Dang i am still early having watched ep 2 which had a really short gundam fight :/
Ah will keep at it then.

The fuck kinda name is chibodee though :v
G has some really bad names, even by Gundam standards. Also G is like...a show I like more than Destiny, but I've watched it a lot less than Destiny. G's just too shonen jump feeling for me and it's not the vibe I go for when I opt to watch Gundam.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The annoying thing about G is that it creates this five-episode pattern -- a Domon episode, followed by a Chibodee, then a George, then a Sai, then an Argo episode -- and repeats that over and over again for much of the series.
This does happen several times but is my only complaint really.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
SHINING FINGER!!!!!
RWg3cWs.jpg

Gold Gundam marker was totally worth it. It's not perfect but turned out decently for my first go at painting. No top coating for now at least. Might come back and do it at a later date but I already poured in a ton of paint time
yS0uFhq.jpg

0YJzA2j.jpg

T0wMI4g.jpg

Sigh yeah this turned out pretty rough though
FDsc2vw.jpg

I mean better than nothing though. Pulled off the face panel lining decently though
1iMTkEK.jpg

Also yes pictures with stands and the Master Gundam are coming just not today. MG Shadow Gundam is my next build.

Also just finished Wing that was a fun adventure... and a surprisingly light Pyrrhic victory for Gundam standards. I guess Seed is next as you guys said that before 00 but I have to find the dub somewhere(Hulu has 00 dub and sub but only the seed sub). Just taking a break from UC although I'll probably watch F-91 soon

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
Glad more people are coming around on X. It's far from perfect and suffers heavily from being cut short, but it has some neat ideas.Also I think the designs are rad as hell.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love X. Partially why I enjoyed MS Saga so much on the PS2. It's basically Gundam X the game when it comes to setting

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
X has always been well regarded in the fandom as far as I can remember, granted this was a couple years after X was cancelled and in the vhs fans in days info didn't travel fast. I learned about stuff from new type magazine imports and Turn A was just beginning to be hyped in those days with 08th MS Team being the current product.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean I'm about 4 episodes into Seed so far and I'm enjoying it... I seem to have a soft spot for adventures though and a very high tolerance level(I mean I've enjoyed what I've watched of Fairy Tail... guess I like more shonen style stuff)

Suits look good even if there's some obvious callbacks

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean I'm about 4 episodes into Seed so far and I'm enjoying it... I seem to have a soft spot for adventures though and a very high tolerance level(I mean I've enjoyed what I've watched of Fairy Tail... guess I like more shonen style stuff)

Seed gets it's annoying parts at around 10-15 as I recall. But overall I like Seed. Destiny gets annoying at episode 1 and no amount of Athrun can save it

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, SEED is fine. Destiny without Shinn would be all right too. Sunrise was attempting to reboot the series. So it has parallels to MSG and Zeta.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Honestly, SEED is fine. Destiny without Shinn would be all right too. Sunrise was attempting to reboot the series. So it has parallels to MSG and Zeta.

The problem with Destiny, to me, is that they reversed course. Like if in Zeta they made Amuro the focus again when he showed up and then completely relegated Camille to the background. It's something I wanted in Zeta as a kid and didn't understand why they didn't do that, but with Destiny, now I know.

Well, that plus the repeated animation.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
I bought my first Gundam today and wanted to buy some panel line accent since from all the videos that I've seen, that seems to make them look a million times better.

Is that a pretty good price for them or do other websites sale them for cheaper?
Thats about right for price. My old local hobby store had them for about $9-10 per bottle.
Also it does come with a brush for the cap, but I would recommend using a fountain pen for extra precision. It saves me so much time on cleanup.
ne3zo0r.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

Seed is fine minus some questionable Kira shit. Now Seed Destiny on the other motherfucking hand...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
proud of you taking the leap, bud
Even before reading the manga, I had enjoyed looking at people weathering their Gundams on YouTube. It seemed pretty fun.

After reading the manga, though, it gave me that extra push to want to get one.

I'm not gonna go crazy with the painting and stuff, though. Just enhancing the panel line since it looks pretty newbie friendly.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my first Gundam today and wanted to buy some panel line accent since from all the videos that I've seen, that seems to make them look a million times better.

Is that a pretty good price for them or do other websites sale them for cheaper?

Once you factor in shipping, that's a good price. You should know that this product has a reputation among some modelers for making bare plastic brittle, so be sparing in your application unless you're putting on a protective gloss coat first.

Thats about right for price. My old local hobby store had them for about $9-10 per bottle.
Also it does come with a brush for the cap, but I would recommend using a fountain pen for extra precision. It saves me so much time on cleanup.
ne3zo0r.jpg

This is genius. Looks like I'm now on the lookout for a cheap fountain pen.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's a good resource for Gunpla manuals? My wife got the Gundam Base Super Fumina but lost the manual, don't really want to wing it in case I mess it up for her.