• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 2 hour session before work yesterday, 3 hours after work, and 4 hours today. This thing is awesome.

20180320_165317.jpg

Just an FYI, there are a LOT of unused parts on the runners when you're done. (leftovers from S).

This thing is big, and it's very impressive to look at in person. I would recommend it if:
- You can afford it.
- You like Gundam Sentinel/Katoki designs/Deep Striker itself.
- You like huge display pieces.
- You like something with a BIG FUCKING GUN. Seriously, the cannon is taller than my PG Wing Zero.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
That is indeed an impressive display piece.
My main problem with this kind of kit is that, after building the comparatively very small HG Full Armor Unicorn, I find that I'm not too fond of MS that have only one pose.
That's even knowing that I end up displaying the majority of my other kits in mostly bland poses. But then it's my choice.
I'm OK having my MG ReZel just standing, rifle in hand but I like that my MG Gelgoog and RE\100 Dijeh are displayed like they are about to start a beam naginata fight.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't intend to finish it so fast but I just got caught up in building it. Telling myself I'd only do a few parts, then finding half the thing built already.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
cGn5bhG.jpg
kHryXyU.jpg

I stared to get back into some heavy scratchbuilding and customizing gunpla again.
Currently pictured is a MG Tallgeese I have been converting into a full armored Vayeate / Mercurius hybrid suit complete with purge-able armor.
Put in a lot of work last weekend on the particle generator in the bottom picture. The base material is glass fiber reinforced plastic so I had to whip out the rotary tool to even put a dent into the stuff. The general shape is pretty much finished, so all that is needed is detail parts, wiring for LEDs, and I can move on to putty work.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I didn't intend to finish it so fast but I just got caught up in building it. Telling myself I'd only do a few parts, then finding half the thing built already.
It happens to me every single time when I'm near the end of the build. "Only a few parts" ends up being "I'm almost done" and having spent a couple of hours more than what I intended.
At least I'm able to force myself to stop at the beginning or the middle parts of the build. Never near completion, though.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Same, near the end I just go ahead and finish it lol.

Started prepping my parts for Sinanju, when I ran out of gold paint for the internal parts. Hopefully the shops have more of the kind I used, brick and mortar stores are a toss up on paints available @.@

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
A 2 hour session before work yesterday, 3 hours after work, and 4 hours today. This thing is awesome.

20180320_165317.jpg

Just an FYI, there are a LOT of unused parts on the runners when you're done. (leftovers from S).

This thing is big, and it's very impressive to look at in person. I would recommend it if:
- You can afford it.
- You like Gundam Sentinel/Katoki designs/Deep Striker itself.
- You like huge display pieces.
- You like something with a BIG FUCKING GUN. Seriously, the cannon is taller than my PG Wing Zero.
amazing work

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of buying another Gunpla. What should I buy? I saw a RG 00 Quanta at the same place I bought Barbatos so I was thinking that. I do kind of want an enemy mobile suit though.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
You can never go wrong with Sinanju no matter the grade.
I've said it before but if you like grunts the HGUC GM-79C is probably the best bang for the buck for a cheap kit I've ever built.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
The main issue with the Sinanju ver Ka was that the waist peg was prone to breaking. The OVA kit supposedly fixed the problem by switching to PS instead of ABS for the inner frame.

Also Gundam Build Divers: HG NPD Leo.
hgbd-leo-NPD.jpg

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
I think its just, mini kapool piloting the penguin kapool.

And while Leos are not my favorite Oz grunts, they have their moment when they are not exploding at the sight of a Gundam.
tumblr_n189qse1iO1qdpneno1_500.gif

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Bandai know how big is the readership for Advance of Zeta and can predict that the amount of prospective buyers for the kit is small.
The Woundwort seems to be relatively popular even amongst those who haven't read AoZ because its design is so unique. Sunrise did a popularity poll to see which suit people wanted to see animated for the Build Fighters Try finale and the Woundwort was one of the most voted for options such that they did end up including it despite the fact that Xi Gundam officially won.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
The Woundwort seems to be relatively popular even amongst those who haven't read AoZ because its design is so unique. Sunrise did a popularity poll to see which suit people wanted to see animated for the Build Fighters Try finale and the Woundwort was one of the most voted for options such that they did end up including it despite the fact that Xi Gundam officially won.
Companies tend to have much better predictors for their production decisions than popularity polls. Usually it's not even rocket science but merely a dumb correlation in spending on different existing products of the series the new product belongs to.
The reason the MG Ver. Ka Banshee has been released as a normal kit is that spending habits of consumers makes them think the kit will sell well (even though an almost identical kit was already released as P-Bandai). They know that people like this exist, and even though they are not the norm, it means the sales of the kit will probably be OK because people buy Unicorns.
People buy GMs, Zakus, and Srike Freedoms, that's why they get tons of regular kits.
The reason for Woundwourt being P-Bandai now probably lies in the relative success of Advance of Zeta compared to existing similar products for other Gundam series.
Bandai doesn't hate us, they just try to maximize their profits the best way their existing data allows them to.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Lily Borjarno. I can't stop saying that name. It's become one of my favorite Gundam names. Also, she's a bitch so far.

Oct 25, 2017

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
BugnIhT.jpg

Made something for my bar owner friends birthday. His nickname is Kuma, and the bar is Hanakuma.... so of course I did this!

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I hate the show with a passion, and the actual animation was recycled the whole way through... man, Seed Destiny had some terrific songs for its openings.

High and Mighty Color killed it for Gundam and Bleach. Sad that they never had another big hit like those two songs.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Even though I hate the show with a passion, and the actual animation was recycled the whole way through... man, Seed Destiny had some terrific songs for its openings.

High and Mighty Color killed it for Gundam and Bleach. Sad that they never had another big hit like those two songs.

The music and OP's for both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny is probably the best thing that came out of those series. That and some of the mobile suit designs. The rest is really "meh" to bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, I love opening the thread and seeing love for Gundam Seed Destiny.
---

There needs to be a guide to these gundam games. Like apart from Musou, which of these gundam games will let me actually play and pilot my favorite Gundams, instead of making amalgamation of their parts?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Oh yes, I love opening the thread and seeing love for Gundam Seed Destiny.
---

There needs to be a guide to these gundam games. Like apart from Musou, which of these gundam games will let me actually play and pilot my favorite Gundams, instead of making amalgamation of their parts?

SEED/Destiny? They're in the Versus and Breaker games. There's also that Destiny game on the Vita. Other than that there hasn't been a SEED-focused title since the PS2. The majority of Gundam games are Universal Century focused.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
29543123_10102402129295697_7214915483288378103_n.jpg

Had the same look when I got my Neo Zeong from the store. xD

Last edited: