• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'll be able to continue watching the older stuff. What's the best recent series? Took a quick look at some pictures from Gundam Wing which seems kinda dated as well.
Seed looks fine I guess.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if you can order specific runners from Japan Cool?
My glass TV stand exploded the other month, and Sandrock lost his Heat Shotel holding hand in the process, and I was wondering if I could put down an order for the plastic runner that hand was on.

How it didn't lose anything else in the fall, especially the head fins, is a miracle lol.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
The art is actually better than I was expecting! But the Mechas move way too organically which is kinda offputting. It looks like they are made out of flesh or some bendy material, and not metal. I guess it was easier to animate that way, but it's really weird.

On a side note, I watched the Perfect Grade timelapse that was posted some aposts ago. Holy crap does that look awesome and fun to do! Is there any glue involved or is everthing clipped on?

Gundam models and a lot others from Japan, are snap fit. Held together by friction and connections.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I heard a snippet of the dub, and after hearing someone say "Launch the GunDAM" I was out. The dub of Zeta wasn't great from what I recall, but probably better than the films.

And the Zeta film trilogy would be much better since its newer.
The 0079 tv dub was actually really good. The movie dub is some awful mid-to-late 90s relic. Zeta's was ok.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'll be able to continue watching the older stuff. What's the best recent series? Took a quick look at some pictures from Gundam Wing which seems kinda dated as well.
Seed looks fine I guess.

Wow. Uhhh, well IMO 00 and Iron Blooded Orphans are both good and they're a lot newer . I guess also give a look to 0080, 0083, and 08th MS Team to see what decade you're comfortable with.

The 0079 tv dub was actually really good. The movie dub is some awful mid-to-late 90s relic. Zeta's was ok.

Yeah I would imagine the dub is way different for the TV series because it didn't come over til later . I remember the films were already in video stores when I was a kid so that dub would be way older.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017

It's so very strange how the appearance in the short clips of the animation led me to believe this was a very different style, like based on Barbatos. Now, I'm not that interested at all. One of the comments I read there was to the effect of, "They were trying for a re-bake, but this should be incinerated."

This looks pretty cool. Tryon 3 cracked me up so I hope this one has jokes and a funny title card too.

Last edited:

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
uc-0100-project.jpg

please make this happen^^ RE or MG I don't care just give it to me.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
It's so very strange how the appearance in the short clips of the animation led me to believe this was a very different style, like based on Barbatos. Now, I'm not that interested at all. One of the comments I read there was to the effect of, "They were trying for a re-bake, but this should be incinerated."

This looks pretty cool. Tryon 3 cracked me up so I hope this one has jokes and a funny title card too.

Love the weapon for the Rebake based one, but yeah, I usually like bulky suits... theres something just off about it, dare I say ugly.

Interesting that they have an Altron based suit too, looks really over done but interesting. Wonder if they have a new mold for it since the last HG wing kits were from what 15 or more years ago if I remember right.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So, I got one of the figures as a kid, and played a bit of one of the musou games, and I'm always after something new to watch and always though the mech suits were so, oh wise Gundam fans, what series is a good place to start? Prefer dubbed even if it winds up a little cheesy(grew up loving the classic Godzilla movies, own the toho collection 2), And I don't mind if it's older. Only anime I've watched is Dragon Ball (original mostly subbed, Kai, and I'm up to date on dubbed super) and MHA. Was more of a western animation guy till recently, but I've been enjoying how anime tends to be focused on continuing narratives and stories instead of situational episodes.

So mind giving me a hand?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure what's all been dubbed honestly personally but from what I remember/know the dubbed Gundam anime are: The original simply titled Mobile Suit Gundam (sometimes called Gundam 0079 by fans), Gundam Zeta, 0083, 08th MS Team, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam 00, and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

Out of these I'd recommend, Iron Blooded Orphans (newest series), 08th MS Team, 0083, and even the original. SEED and 00's second half are low points in what was otherwise a pretty excellent first half. Others will recommend Wing most likely as its where they started.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
So, I got one of the figures as a kid, and played a bit of one of the musou games, and I'm always after something new to watch and always though the mech suits were so, oh wise Gundam fans, what series is a good place to start? Prefer dubbed even if it winds up a little cheesy(grew up loving the classic Godzilla movies, own the toho collection 2), And I don't mind if it's older. Only anime I've watched is Dragon Ball (original mostly subbed, Kai, and I'm up to date on dubbed super) and MHA. Was more of a western animation guy till recently, but I've been enjoying how anime tends to be focused on continuing narratives and stories instead of situational episodes.

So mind giving me a hand?

Check out the original.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

It's so very strange how the appearance in the short clips of the animation led me to believe this was a very different style, like based on Barbatos. Now, I'm not that interested at all. One of the comments I read there was to the effect of, "They were trying for a re-bake, but this should be incinerated.".

I thought it would be different. I'm disappointed after seeing it. lol.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Today I discovered the existence of Gundam Battle Operations. They look like ass but something like that but better is exactly the kind of Gundam game I want.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Today I discovered the existence of Gundam Battle Operations. They look like ass but something like that but better is exactly the kind of Gundam game I want.

I had a good amount of fun with the original on the PS3, hopefully the PS4 sequel turns out well. Battle Operation NEXT is terrible, though.

And I still want a PS4 retail Universal Century non-gunpla single player Gundam game.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just got around to watching Bandit Flower. Really enjoyed it. I'm assuming it'll be a bit before season 3 since UC Gundam is planned out for the next few years.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Bonds of the Battlefield was great fun in the arcade, but I am not a fan of VR, so I'd rather not see our only chance at something UC-based this generation go that direction. Ugh.

Just let some B-team at FROM who worked on Unicorn and ACE make another Gundam game. Or the people behind Battlefield Record UC 0081 and Side Stories.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
With Build Divers being a thing I don't understand how a PSVR Gundam game with a cockpit view still hasn't been announced. I hope Ace Combat gets Bandai Namco the required VR know-how to pull it off successfully.

Ace Combat 7 is my most anticipated game... considering it went from a mid Fall release to... no release date I'd be worried about their VR chops. Likely rumor is that the positive feedback of their VR "experience" made them want to do the whole game.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
"Polish thyself
And polish thy Gunpla."

I love the turn-of-phrases the Build series has. Nothing beats the first season's, "This. Is. My. Gunpla!"

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017

The QUALITY looking RX-78 in the preview for the next build divers episode is actually the old 1/100 model

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone picking up the Switch GGen port? Curious how it performs docked and handheld. The vita version was pretty blurry and load times were pretty bad.

Someone ended up giving me the PS4 version which more or less solved these things, but I'd still rather play it on a portable.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Call me crazy but I'm really loving the Phenex.

I think it looks great too, particularly the awesome PG of it with LEDs. Though I question the addition of tails, need to see some functionality to sell me on them.

Anyone picking up the Switch GGen port? Curious how it performs docked and handheld. The vita version was pretty blurry and load times were pretty bad.

Someone ended up giving me the PS4 version which more or less solved these things, but I'd still rather play it on a portable.

Hoping a bunch of the SRW titles make it to switch, portable but with higher performance is great. Then again I still don't own a switch.

edit: Mazinkaiser got delayed! Planned to go out this afternoon and pick it up, checked the sites and now saying mid May! There goes my golden week build.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Once again, thanks for the refs, I'll ask for where I go next after I watch the original(which wasn't on Hulu, but's I found elsewhere) watched just the setup intro so far, but boy that was a set. (Also Hulu does have origin, blood orphans, uc, wing, 00, the 08, And seed.) so it will be convient later

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, thanks for the refs, I'll ask for where I go next after I watch the original(which wasn't on Hulu, but's I found elsewhere) watched just the setup intro so far, but boy that was a set. (Also Hulu does have origin, blood orphans, uc, wing, 00, the 08, And seed.) so it will be convient later
Hulu has all those? Man I may need to re-up my Hulu subscription.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017

A few options. In the same timeframe you have 0080 which is one of the greatest series of all time, and 08th MS Team which is a good series that kind of stutters at the end. If you want the next sequel series produced it is Zeta. ALl of these have dubs.

The only Gundam series without dubs are ZZ, V, X, and Turn A(whose dub was canned years ago though it had gone into production).

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I know nothing about Gundam. Where should I start?

Question was already answered above, but the most popular choice is the Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy, which sets up the rest of the UC series which is the main focus of Gundam media. Some people also started with Gundam Seed and loved it, but don't bother with the sequel Destiny.