• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What? I don't even think of Netflix as an anime thing like that. Crunchyroll, Hulu, and then I guess Netflix but it's distant third. And Amazon is where anime goes to freaking die.

Why the hate for Amazon? Now that Strike is gone and rolled into regular Prime, I think it's great (though difficult to navigate).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Netflix specializes as much in Anime as Hulu does, which is to say its prevalent, but not a primary pillar.

Hulu's video player, UI and subscription model are all pretty atrocious, and the choice of Gundam content is strange to me.

I also dont know a single person in real lifr that actively uses Hulu, compared to Netflix especially. Must be a really good fucking deal for Sunrise to not go with Netflix on this one in an effort to push it more in the west. IIRC, Netflix Japan has a shitload of Gundam. Netflix is pretty much a given for most households, and Prime Video, well, comes with Prime. These seem like way more attractive venues to dump your backlog of historic anime onto to me.
Hulu's currently growing, is the 'catchup service' for a lot of current shows, and even has a partnership with funimation for same day on subs for a couple bigger shows(mha is a big one), and their Uighur is pretty easy to find stuff in. Then again I just have access to several streaming services due to family(shrugs)

Ok ordered the Tamiya tool kit for nippers and tweasers will be nice too. Only got the revive Gundam coming in right now, but I think I'll do that recommended Char's Zaku next, but I'm keeping myself to build one buy one for the moment

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Got sometime to finally take a picture of this...

Ultimate "f it, I'm buying it" purchase.

57Mo2bK.jpg

Wanted it when I saw the image of it years ago in it's first run, then opted out of the reprint and watched it spike in price. Super hard to find here in Japan, but came across it in Akihabara in January, passed on it then as figures are not really my thing/a rabbit hole I want to go down. This time I had bad influences with me and convinced me to YOLO it.

And now to never tell my girlfriend how much this was.
fVh05p.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix specializes as much in Anime as Hulu does, which is to say its prevalent, but not a primary pillar.

Hulu's video player, UI and subscription model are all pretty atrocious, and the choice of Gundam content is strange to me.

I also dont know a single person in real lifr that actively uses Hulu, compared to Netflix especially. Must be a really good fucking deal for Sunrise to not go with Netflix on this one in an effort to push it more in the west. IIRC, Netflix Japan has a shitload of Gundam. Netflix is pretty much a given for most households, and Prime Video, well, comes with Prime. These seem like way more attractive venues to dump your backlog of historic anime onto to me.

I look at Netflix for its original content, and maybe some CW shows I'm behind on. Anime is tertiary, and Netflix in America typically only adds a show after an entire season is complete . Maybe Ishinomori's new show is trash but I'd never know cause I can't watch it.

Meanwhile, Hulu updates weekly, the way anime is supposed to work. And I guess you're using Hulu's...what, PC player? Never tried it. Works fantastic on PS4, and it's sorting system is exponentially better than Netflix's, which is borderline nonexistent.

Prime's a fucking joke. $120 a year to spend MORE money? No thanks. Prime is the bane of anime weekly viewers.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I look at Netflix for its original content, and maybe some CW shows I'm behind on. Anime is tertiary, and Netflix in America typically only adds a show after an entire season is complete . Maybe Ishinomori's new show is trash but I'd never know cause I can't watch it.

Meanwhile, Hulu updates weekly, the way anime is supposed to work. And I guess you're using Hulu's...what, PC player? Never tried it. Works fantastic on PS4, and it's sorting system is exponentially better than Netflix's, which is borderline nonexistent.

Prime's a fucking joke. $120 a year to spend MORE money? No thanks. Prime is the bane of anime weekly viewers.

For weekly stuff, sure. But when tons of Gundam is bi-yearly/semi-yearly OVA releases.... Eh. Netflix is doing that stuff right now with Godzilla.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I use Amazon Video because I have Prime. I might as well right? They got some good stuff. Not as big as the rest. But it works. Also helps I still pay the Amazon Student price

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Got back from Tokyo again, man I wish things were more stable at the moment for me. Wanted to buy so many gunpla at the Gundam Base. Particularly had my eye on the PG Red Astray, never followed the Astray series but man that display made me want it instantly.

Gonna start my MG Altron this week maybe, still have not decided how I want to make this guy. Straight build seems likely since I like the color and design already. Still got HG GM/GM and Build Burning from my new years blind box that I don't really want lol. Might use these for using my left over paint that I have no plans for.
The GM/GM is fun. It poses like a champ (once you shave down the wrist polycap, but don't let that stop you).

Oct 25, 2017
Got sometime to finally take a picture of this...

Ultimate "f it, I'm buying it" purchase.

57Mo2bK.jpg

Wanted it when I saw the image of it years ago in it's first run, then opted out of the reprint and watched it spike in price. Super hard to find here in Japan, but came across it in Akihabara in January, passed on it then as figures are not really my thing/a rabbit hole I want to go down. This time I had bad influences with me and convinced me to YOLO it.

And now to never tell my girlfriend how much this was.
fVh05p.gif
I just want a high quality Katejina figure...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I just can't get over paying a premium to still have commercials. I know you can pay even more to not have commercials.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The "Even more" is what everyone else is charging. Which means they're just offering you a cheaper alternative in case you don't mind commercials.

Isn't it like 12 bucks a month? That seems more expensive than the Prime price people are complaining about (though the value for Prime is not, IMHO, in the video offering) and more than all but the top tier of Netflix.

I understand I'm biased, though, because I already have Netflix, Prime (for shipping) and Crunchyroll and I'm not going to pay extra for Hulu. More Gundam in more places is always good, though.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it like 12 bucks a month? That seems more expensive than the Prime price people are complaining about (though the value for Prime is not, IMHO, in the video offering) and more than all but the top tier of Netflix.

I understand I'm biased, though, because I already have Netflix, Prime (for shipping) and Crunchyroll and I'm not going to pay extra for Hulu. More Gundam in more places is always good, though.

HD Netflix is $11. Amazon Prime's monthly cost went up by $20/yearly last week.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a thing for psycho anime girls so Katejina is definitely up there.

Best Gundam girl is Allenby though.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
So only Amuro, Char, Lala and Full Frontal can apply? How many newtype ghosts are wandering the universe? I'm assuming the Zeta waifu's got sucked up by the Zeta Gundam.
For me, the people from Zeta do count. I don't know where you got the idea that Zeta Gundam sucked them up indefinitely. I don't consider them consumables, they just temporarily enhanced Zeta. Even if it were the case, how long you spent wandering outer space as a naked spirit doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be a permanent thing.
Marida therefore also counts.

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the people from Zeta do count. I don't know where you got the idea that Zeta Gundam sucked them up indefinitely. I don't consider them consumables, they just temporarily enhanced Zeta. Even if it were the case, how long you spent wandering outer space as a naked spirit doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be a permanent thing.
Marida therefore also counts.
Regarding the Zeta Gundam using the Newtype waifus as consumables it's honestly just a joke to me...though I hope to god Sara's ghost is floating around the universe with Paptimus-sama for eternity. I guess my favorite Newtype ghosts are Emma and Four.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
1633f44a54b93196.jpg

HG Leo boxart revealed.
Even thought its the same old Leo, this boxart really makes them look over the top as an army build kit.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh, hope my model comes in this week, would love to spend Friday afternoon building it

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the Zeta Gundam using the Newtype waifus as consumables it's honestly just a joke to me...though I hope to god Sara's ghost is floating around the universe with Paptimus-sama for eternity. I guess my favorite Newtype ghosts are Emma and Four.

There's a manga
that seems to be about a guy who is like Full Frontal, but with Paptimus. And he's not fully awakened yet.

alr7orogffpz.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching Thunderbolt S2, or at least the first 3 episodes and I'm reminded how dark it is. It's actually unsettling to me a lot of the times because of how gruesome the action is, especially every time I see Daryl and I remember what was done to him. It gives me legit shivers because of how messed up it is

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got around to watching Thunderbolt S2, or at least the first 3 episodes and I'm reminded how dark it is. It's actually unsettling to me a lot of the times because of how gruesome the action is, especially every time I see Daryl and I remember what was done to him. It gives me legit shivers because of how messed up it is

That's why its probably my favorite of the franchise. A big part of what I like about Gundam (particularly Universal Century) is it's focus on how there are no "good side" in war, both sides are messed up and cruel, and war as a whole is a giant mess of pain and emotions running wild.

Of course that badass giant mechs don't hurt either haha.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: