• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

The Gundam |OT| Destiny is something we all have to deal with

Oct 27, 2017
The only UC show I actively dislike is the F91 movie. I understand that in a parallel universe where the actual series was done maybe it is good but the movie is a hot mess of badly explained stuff that rarely makes sense and the story never has enough space to breathe.
I like F91 but I always have the same experience watching it: for the first half I'm thinking to myself wow, this is really good, why does no one ever really talk about this? Then the second half of the movie happens. :lol

Gorgeous movie, though. And I really dug the mobile suit designs and the music, too. It's just the last 40-50 mins of the movie rush hours of story material at you all at once. I've watched the movie maybe 3 times and it never really feels more coherent despite knowing what's going to happen.

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guy I know a lot of people here love their gunpla and but I've been in a slump recently, I find myself buying more figures than building. Will this phase blow over or has anyone give in to the figures? Should I try and work it out and make a dent in my backlog or is there a kit that will be a fun build to get back into the groove?

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guy I know a lot of people here love their gunpla and but I've been in a slump recently, I find myself buying more figures than building. Will this phase blow over or has anyone give in to the figures? Should I try and work it out and make a dent in my backlog or is there a kit that will be a fun build to get back into the groove?
For me -- getting new tools to mess around with helps. Trying new techniques I've not tried before. Just leveling up my modeling ability in general helps.

Oct 25, 2017
I felt a similar way until I invested in getting an airbrush setup a couple of months ago. Granted, that's a large investment to make into a hobby that you aren't currently enjoying.

Edit: WAIT, WHY THE FUCK IS RIDDHE THE BANNER WHO TF SIGNED OFF ON THIS

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The more I rewatch After War Gundam X the more I dislike it. It's not quite as boring as AGE or 00 Season 2 but it also criminally underutilizes its premise just like those shows. A post apocalyptic version of the UC timeline should be so easy to do right.

Also the art and animation is becoming worse and worse. It looks like a bootleg version of Wing.

Oct 29, 2017
I felt a similar way until I invested in getting an airbrush setup a couple of months ago. Granted, that's a large investment to make into a hobby that you aren't currently enjoying.

Edit: WAIT, WHY THE FUCK IS RIDDHE THE BANNER WHO TF SIGNED OFF ON THIS
I hear you, I have an airbrush but I haven’t used it yet. Maybe that’s what I need to do paint my kits. Thanks for the advice to those who replied.