• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Gundam Global Challenge thing:

RiIU4m7.jpg

Oct 27, 2017

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
Twitter thread summary, but there isn't much:

So what's the deal with those 4 Beyond posters up there? Just random art?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://en.gundam.info/news/hot-topics/news_hot-topics_20181121_012.html

The project concept is "BEYOND"!
This project's concept is "BEYOND", which means "to go beyond all things."

The "Gundam series" has been expanding for 40 years now, the number of works have been increasing, the fans generations and countries, their tastes have also diversified. Beyond the frame of the individual works of Gundam, beyond borders, beyond generations, to approach a wide variety of people, those are the thoughts put into this.

The project logo is imagined as an expression of "An encounter with an unknown Gundam, and that encounter will form a new link and create a moebius." Simultaneously, the "Gundam series" is represented by an impressive scene of "sunlight peeking in over the earth" as a motif.

4 different key visuals released!
The four different key visuals released this time as a collaboration with each other are "Mobile Suit Gundam" and "Mobile Suit Gundam UC", "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans" and "Mobile Suit Gundam 00", "Mobile Suit Gundam Wing" and "Mobile Suit Z Gundam", and "Gundam Reconguista in G" and "Mobile Suit Gundam THE ORIGIN". Based on the project's concept of "BEYOND", it goes beyond the frame of each work, and a world where they could coexist together is depicted.

Oct 30, 2017
Shame Gundam Beyond isn't an actual new show. Didn't they announce a new Build Divers though? At least that's something, I guess. Hopefully this time they actually use the video game setting and concept.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried doing an alternate history type AU series yet. Why not try one where Zeon wins the One Year War?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Japan does not know how to do live stream announcements, we know this. Why do you think Nintendo pre-records.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM - EPISODE FORTY-SEVEN: THE WOMEN'S BATTLEFIELD

On the battlefield Fuala and Uso are still going at it. Maria is calling to Uso to help her stop the Angel Halo as she never intended to infantalize everyone on earth, just get them to stop fighting. Shakti has been tricked into doing just that as the Angel Halo approaches earth. Marbet joins in the fight with Fuala and her unborn child is enough to shake Fuala enough for them to take her out once and for all as the Gundam Team heads to try and save Maria first, who Tassilo is threatening to kill now instead of using her as a puppet.

eexjjcn.gif

MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM - EPISODE FORTY-EIGHT: VANQUISHED LIFE, BLOOMING LIFE

Tassilo's ship is undefended and the queen begs Uso to kill them both before Tassilo shoots her three times in the back and Uso jams his beam sword in, ending that threat. The shock of Maria dying effects both Uso and Shakti rather strongly. The battle has ended for now with the ships regrouping to take on the Angel Halo and they have the Star Wars attack the death star meeting. Karl can sense that Shakti is on the Angel Halo and the kids have some fun in this episode while Uso mopes a bit about being born in such rough times and how Marbet's kid needs to grow up in peace. Some patriarchy propaganda is spread.

SrkRuWX.gif

Last edited:

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017

The Thunderbolt manga will resume in December after the author took a break due to health problems regarding his wrist.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM - EPISODE FORTY-NINE: ON THE ANGEL'S RING

Katejina is back on the battlefield strutting her stuff, but Uso is IGNORING her. Juka dies in the infiltration of the Angel's ring, which is stuffed to the gills with sleeping psychikers, so everytime some explosion happens pods and people end up in space. Katejina somehow has time to plot against a 13 year old boy with...half naked women and an old suit that Marbet piloted.

BGjkTdi.gif

It doesn't work. More Metal Gear Solid shenanigans see Uso save Shakti and the Angel Halo descend to earth...but because they didn't blow it up Shakti's will and the ten thousand minus a few hundred psychikers are still putting everyone to sleep on the planet.

MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM - EPISODE FIFTY: THE BATTLE CALLED UPON BY HATE

So the plan is: Bring Shakti back to the Angel Halo, where she will pray for everyone to go back home. This works, but her song drives Katejina extra nuts and starts attacking the Angel Halo. Frannie thinks she might be defecting... she kills the remaining Shrike team.

WagUFUD.gif

Poor Frannie. The Reinforce Junior evacuates all the young folk and takes out the Motorad fleet. Admiral Santa Claus did the same thing earlier with the Jeanne D'Arc but Uso's dad made it off of there. Now all that's left for the finale are Cronicle and Katejina.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I am fascinated that they see more interest in OVAs, films, and doing another Build series instead of a new Gundam show. Was IBO so poorly received? I quite loved it but I know it was...polarizing.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM - FINAL EPISODE: THE ANGEL RETURNS TO HEAVEN

Katejina kills Odello. Uso kills Cronicle, ending Katejina's dream. The rings come back together and bring the Zanscare home. Katejina stabs Uso after pretending to want him to kill her, which he wasn't going to do anyways. They have one final confrontation in which Newtype ghosts do their thing and Uso blows her away. Karl talks and walks, saying Shakti's name. The rings also deliver Shakti back to Uso, fulfilling her prayer. Katejina is blind, looking to go back to Woowig and Shakti gives her directions and then lies about who it was, crying as the series ends with everyone who survived living together in Kasarelia.

EnPz92K.gif

Katejina's final move that killed Odello by the way? A ROBOT KICK.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I like the action a lot in Victory. Most of it flows well and all the kicks and punches does make it dynamic. There are a ton of episodes where the show barely holds together but it is always a plotting issue; there's about seven or eight episodes that feel like they are missing a few minutes right in the middle that would have explained it all. The half assed way the V2 shows up for example. Shakti getting kidnapped/going to Zanscare on purpose happens about four times too many.

The look of the show is real pleasant. It's the last Gundam show to look like this. Mobile Fighter G Gundam shows up next and then after that you get Wing and X back to back, two completely different styles. The next Tomino show isn't until Turn A and that looks quite a bit different from this. The animation is nice. The score is pleasant enough, the sad music is even better than Zeta's and used almost as often.

Most of the characters are likable; it's also the rare show where almost everyone is a good pilot; they just get killed because it's war! Katejina is a fun mess. Hey Uso I'm going with this hot guy to spy on him. Oh wait I'm serving him coffee now. Oh wait I'm actually the best pilot Zanscare has. Oh wait I hate you now. Oh wait I need to make Cronicle king of space. Oh wait here's some half naked women for you to vaporize. Oh wait two guys fighting over me, every girls dream. Oh wait I'm a way better pilot than Cronicle. Oh wait Uso has the power of NEWTYPE GHOSTS and the most broken Gundam in history.

Should anyone watch this? No. Should Gundam fans? Maybe. In some ways it feels like the first AU story; it's so far removed from the one year war that the entire landscape has changed. People don't even believe in Newtypes in the end despite Zanscare finding 20,000 of them! Gundams have wheels and rotors and use beams for everything. I think its perfectly skippable but still interesting. The tonal changes between wacky ZZ shenanigans with disguises and getting a girl back from the bad guys and the next episode everyone dying in front of a child soldier of war is pretty jarring.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Every night I've been watching After War Gundam X as well, I might do a few gifs of this. It looks like Wing but with about half the budget. It probably all went to the soft rock station to license the ending theme.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think Victory is an overhyped mess — and a great example of how dark and bloodthirsty doesn't automatically mean great — but I do agree it has a lot of really good choreographed action. The final battle between Uso, Chronicle, and Katejina is one of my favorites.

I wish they had kept in their original idea of Uso being Char's grandson. I still keep that as part of my headcanon anyway.