• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gsab1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The V2 and a couple of the victory gundams are left in a forest outside of Kasarelia to rust.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I didn't expect that.

You know the Titans Gundam that Amuro shoots down in Moon Gundam?

psycho-gundam-mk-IV.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Checked out the Gundam Base at Odaiba the other day.

I miss Gundam Front. Gundam Base just seems like a massive gunpla commercial.

That's essentially what it is lol. It's a gunpla shop. So if your not into it, it is kinda a waste to visit it. Though they do display the insane gunpla competition winners after that happens which is cool. Not sure when they go up / get taken down.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 13 episodes into ZZ and....I like it?

The tone is definitely lighter than Zeta, but it's nowhere near as silly as word of mouth led me to expect. More importantly, it has a likeable cast of characters with defined relationships and clear (if sometimes goofy) motivations.

It's also got an extremely 80s anime-ass aesthetic that I'm currently digging.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

The tone is definitely lighter than Zeta, but it's nowhere near as silly as word of mouth led me to expect. More importantly, it has a likeable cast of characters with defined relationships and clear (if sometimes goofy) motivations.

I am about that far in and I like it as well. However it is that goofy, imo. Mashmeyer Cello is a total buttwhit villain who shows up JUST to be bamboozled. Chara is... something else, that's for sure. lol

It's fun! I'm glad I had expectations managed before jumping in.

Oct 25, 2017
I am about that far in and I like it as well. However it is that goofy, imo. Mashmeyer Cello is a total buttwhit villain who shows up JUST to be bamboozled. Chara is... something else, that's for sure. lol

It's fun! I'm glad I had expectations managed before jumping in.
ZZ is weird, but it's still a pretty fun show. Chara is fucking crazy, Mashymyr wants Haman to step on him.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
ZZ still has my favorite main cast of any Gundam show. They're just a blast to watch in a way that no other main group in the series is, especially Judau and Roux.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Mashmyre Cello's high-minded incompetence is endearing, and he has one of the greatest UC Gundam names of all time.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Peak Bright too old for this shit is in ZZ. By Char's Counterattack he's back to normal but he can't even be bothered to discipline these kids who are running wild.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
So much lack of detail in the art of CCA:BC's final volume. It's primarily when the mecha are far away. Mesta (Nanai) trying to rationalize loving a monster when she feels Char die. lol

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

If you are enjoying it now I cannot wait till you reach the 2nd half of the show when things start to get real.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Hey everyone. Since getting into Gunpla recently, I have been meaning to check out the anime as well. I watched the first four episode of 0079 yesterday and I'm liking it more than I thought. The animations are a bit "stiff" here and there, but the drawing are pretty great, as well as the story and characters. I'm quite excited to continue watching.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is gundam nt the same story as operation Phenex hunt or is gundam nt a sequel of operation pjenex hunt at the same year?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Is gundam nt the same story as operation Phenex hunt or is gundam nt a sequel of operation pjenex hunt at the same year?
I believe they're different operations since NT is noted to take place in 0097

Universal Century 0096. Shortly before the final battle between the Nahal Argama and the Neo Zeon, a certain Federation squadron was dispatched on a secret mission. Their objective: the capture of the missing Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 "Phenex" that had gone missing since a freak accident six months ago. The operation was called "Phoenix Hunting"…

However NT may show us that story as it looks to make use of the characters pasts for the story.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full version of the NT theme "narrative" is up on Youtube. Get a listen in before it goes down.

And reposting the last preview in case anyone missed it and to get that hype going.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full version of the NT theme "narrative" is up on Youtube. Get a listen in before it goes down.

And reposting the last preview in case anyone missed it and to get that hype going.

Bruhhhhh. This is one of the first Universal Century things I get to be hyped for before it comes out. I hadn't seen Thunderbolt 1 yet when 2 was coming out and Twilight Axis wasn't a whole lot to chew on. Too bad I don't have access to a Japanese movie theatre.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxOxamNZZYo

Gundam Base did a live stream just now showing off the new model kits for Gundam NT. Surprise kit reveal was included. Kits look great though, that Gustav Karl looked big and beefy and the Jesta's look awesome as usual.

surprise kit was another Neo Zeong for people to not have shelf space for

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Anybody doing a big Gundam marathon for the anniversary next year? Think I am going to rewatch all the origin movies then 0079

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Imagine having enough free time to rewatch anime.
I think I've only rewatched these and it was only once: MSG, Zeta, CCA and Unicorn.
It's true that I've rewatched parts or single episodes of stuff but that was only to get references when building gunpla.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Work plus videogames plus gunpla plus currently airing anime don't leave me that much extra time.
My reading of The Origin has been stalled for months even though I completed the collection aeons ago.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Who lit the DTL-signal?

Now seriously, to me it is worth a watch as long as you are aware that it seems to be aimed at a younger audience and mecha design is very so-so.

It is just middling.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
So, about that AGE II Magnum Master Grades (LOL Rikku) what other Gundam series have had the protagonist be left behind by someone from the supporting cast when it comes to getting a Master Grade released?
I'm thinking War in the Pocket but that's mainly because a Gundam getting an MG is much more likely than any other MS and Alfred doesn't even pilot anything. We still got Gundam Alex and Kämpfer while there's no Zaku II Kai.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's still no MG for anything from G-Reco or IBO. Though that's less a case of the protagonist getting left behind and more like everyone was left behind.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I wasn't looking for those that have zero MG. Otherwise we would have stuff like G-Saviour, Build Fighters Try, Gunpla Builders, Reconguista and IBO without even considering smaller stuff like Battlogue or Twilight Axis.
I'm uncertain whether there are IGLOO MG (P-Bandai or not).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
That's essentially what it is lol. It's a gunpla shop. So if your not into it, it is kinda a waste to visit it. Though they do display the insane gunpla competition winners after that happens which is cool. Not sure when they go up / get taken down.

I mean, seeing the Gunpla painting competition stuff was neat, but it got pretty boring fast. I liked how Gundam Front had art exhibits, stuff you could sit in and the G Dome with exclusive animated shorts.