• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
The Origin is on Hulu, so if it does get The Origin treatment that means it'll be on Hulu and I'm alright with that.

I'd love to buy a streaming copy of it like others are saying tho.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
azCtYOd.gif

Halfway through After War Gundam X and there's not a ton to gif. This show always feels like it came BEFORE Gundam Wing. It doesn't look or sound as nice and its got basic plotting issues. The main character is like a lamer version of Judau but the rest of the cast is pretty tolerable.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
-not watching- any NT spoilers, gonna escape my small town after work (hopefully early) and watch it tomorrow night. Hate how Japanese theaters don't post new movie times til the day of!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first season of 00. I enjoyed it. Melodramatic at times, but that's nothing new for Gundam. Love the humour, and some of the fights get really hype, but it's uneven. A whole lotta characters don't get proper time. It's still that thing where I feel, "Why did this need to be Gundam?" that I have with all non-UC stuff. It's the first AU show that I've stuck with for more than 10 episodes so far.

I'm not the biggest fan of the ending, and I hear season 2 is kind of bad. Worth continuing?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first season of 00. I enjoyed it. Melodramatic at times, but that's nothing new for Gundam. Love the humour, and some of the fights get really hype, but it's uneven. A whole lotta characters don't get proper time. It's still that thing where I feel, "Why did this need to be Gundam?" that I have with all non-UC stuff. It's the first AU show that I've stuck with for more than 10 episodes so far.

I'm not the biggest fan of the ending, and I hear season 2 is kind of bad. Worth continuing?
I'd say it's worth, but I'm a big fan of 00.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

Season 2 has a lot of "just accept it and don't think about it" plot elements is the worst part. Its less evened out than the first season as well. Like you said, some characters don't get proper time, and its the same in S2 if not more so particularly a few random characters just show up, have an impact out of nowhere then are gone...

That said I enjoyed 00's episodes, I enjoy the world and general concept a lot. It's got a lot of the hallmarks of an anime that never really planed a Season 2 out, and what was thrown together is pretty obviously a bunch of half thoughts and ideas.I enjoyed a lot of it though, once again the action is pretty on point. My favorite thing is the actual 00 Gundam's most powerful ability is not overused at all which makes it hype when it happens, think you see it twice.

Oct 25, 2017

00 season 2 is quite possibly worse than Code Geass season 2.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Don't listen to resetera opinions on 00 s2 and watch it yourself.

"Worse than Geass S2" y'all please.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017

Once you start something you have to finish it...

source.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
00 season 2 is quite possibly worse than Code Geass season 2.

What? Yo man 1v1 me lmao. 00 S2 is a serious drop off, but Geass S1 was trash after
Lelouch accidentally turned Euphemia
, and got worse with S2 just repeating all the same plot points.

In other news...can someone break down all the Gundam stuff we have going forward, with formats and the like? It's kinda piled up into something ridiculous if I understand correctly.

- A 00 Sequel (movie?)
- An Iron Blooded Orphans sequel (movie?)
- Gundam Narrative, which is...an OVA?
- Gundam Unicorn sequel?
- Hathaway's Flash movies?
- Gundam Build sequel (TV series)
- Gundam: The Origin re-adaptation
- SD Gundam series?
- Gundam live-action film?

...Did I miss anything?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
What? Yo man 1v1 me lmao. 00 S2 is a serious drop off, but Geass S1 was trash after

In other news...can someone break down all the Gundam stuff we have going forward, with formats and the like? It's kinda piled up into something ridiculous if I understand correctly.

- A 00 Sequel (movie?)
- Gundam Unicorn sequel?
- SD Gundam series?

...Did I miss anything?

The 00 and IBO sequels are nebulous at this point. They've been hinted at but nothing concrete.

Gundam Narrative is a theatrical film that opens on the 30th in Japan. This could be thought of as a Unicorn sequel.

Origin is just the films broken down into 22 minute TV episodes for NHK.

SD Gundam looks like another Sangokuden series based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Don't bow out, watch it all or don't watch it at all!

Oct 25, 2017

- A 00 Sequel (movie?)
- Gundam Unicorn sequel?
- SD Gundam series?

...Did I miss anything?
I find Geass to be for the most part fun trash. 00 Season 2 is kind of just OK messy trash. Granted I haven't watched either in years, yet own both on dvd so maybe one day I'll do a rewatch.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The 00 and IBO sequels are nebulous at this point. They've been hinted at but nothing concrete.

Gundam Narrative is a theatrical film that opens on the 30th in Japan. This could be thought of as a Unicorn sequel.

Origin is just the films broken down into 22 minute TV episodes for NHK.

SD Gundam looks like another Sangokuden series based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Weren't they specifically reference a while back?

And so the only proper Gundam series being made right now is another Gundam Build? Not a new AU or a UC sequel? Jeez.

I find Geass to be for the most part fun trash. 00 Season 2 is kind of just OK messy trash. Granted I haven't watched either in years, yet own both on dvd so maybe one day I'll do a rewatch.

I'm usually kinda whatever on shows I dislike, but I have a burning hatred for Geass because it started out so good then threw it all away and got dumber and dumber.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
- Gundam Unicorn sequel?
Narrative is the Unicorn sequel. It's just a movie.
Just a TV edit where it's 30 minute episodes.
We have no idea yet. Wait til next month, there might be an announcement. No telling.

Everything else you got right.

EDIT:
- A 00 Sequel (movie?)
Actually -- not sure where you got this. The stage play, maybe?

And there is no Gundam series running currently. Build Divers ended.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They must really be raking it in on movies and OVAs. :/ Shame, I don't like that as a form of storytelling like I do series.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Movies and OVAs allow for bigger budgets and better animation quality so I'm ok with it. And since Hathaway's Flash is apparently going to be a film trilogy that's even better since that's the same length/running time as a 13 episode TV series.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Actually -- not sure where you got this. The stage play, maybe?

And there is no Gundam series running currently. Build Divers ended.

From the 40th Anniversary stream
:

The "Gundam Build Series" is "An anime based on moving Gundam plastic model kits", and began with the 2013 TV broadcast of "Gundam Build Fighters".

A sequel work to the April through September 2018 TV broadcast of "Gundam Build Divers" is currently in planning stages. Details will be released on the official website as soon as they are available. Enjoy the next report.

And the 00 sequel.

Movies and OVAs allow for bigger budgets and better animation quality so I'm ok with it. And since Hathaway's Flash is apparently going to be a film trilogy that's even better since that's the same length/running time as a 13 episode TV series.

I simply don't keep the same energy/excitement level for films. I talk about them for a week then it's like "Okay, cool. That's it?"

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
00 Season 2 is the most boring Gundam season. The show has a guy running around calling himself MISTER BUSHIDO and the show is still boring. That is impressive.

Comparing it to Geass S2 is an insult to the excellent comedy that season provided.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is going to happen in this movie...?
I read part of the novelization on Zeonic Scanalations. Seems like a real wild ride, honestly. Three childhood friends kinda tied by destiny and circumstance. Add spooky newtype shit and an OP Unicorn unit? It's got a good hook IMO.
Ahh, for whatever reason I thought you meant currently airing now.

And I totally forgot about that announcement for 00 MONTHS ago. Jeez! I guess NT and IBO sequel hype got to me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I read part of the novelization on Zeonic Scanalations. Seems like a real wild ride, honestly. Three childhood friends kinda tied by destiny and circumstance. Add spooky newtype shit and an OP Unicorn unit? It's got a good hook IMO.

Ahh, for whatever reason I thought you meant currently airing now.

And I totally forgot about that announcement for 00 MONTHS ago. Jeez! I guess NT and IBO sequel hype got to me.

That's why I wonder if there is anything else coming. How many TV series are they going to do over the next year? Gundam: The Origin, Gundam Build, and either 00 or IBO is probably a TV series too. 00 seems more likely, you'd give IBO a film, no?

Sidenote: What other AU should they return to? Besides G Gundam, 'cause that's gonna be a lot of people's first answer.

Deleted member 45

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

You have to watch season 2.

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
Narrative Full OST is out if anyone wants some Sawano pump:

Just listened to one track and it sounds straight out of the Unicorn OST.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
30 mins to my screening of NT, man this place is packed. Have to sit up front since I did not pre order my tickets

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
So from those first 23 min plot-wise I was already as lost as I was with Unicorn (never watched anything after 0083), but it's great to watch some Gundam fights with movie production values again.

The sound effect of that mega particle cannon hits like a truck, so damn good. And Sawano's music comes in for Narrative's entrance was hype as all hell. Wish I could watch that in a theater.

Side note, Hathaway films got a website now. Nothing there yet except the key visual tho.
http://gundam-hathaway.net/