• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japanese twitter just reminded me:

93ti4ei.jpg

No, the movie does not make the reason behind this pose clear lol.
It seems like Jonah wants to join Rita in her freedom or at least recover her because he was unable to earlier in life and it seems as if she sacrificed herself to protect him and Michelle. Everyone else seems to have selfish motivations for their interest in Rita, explaining there desire to restrict Jona or perhaps pull them both in when he makes contact with Rita. At least that's what I got going by the first 23 mins.

Is Rita going to canonically be the most powerful Newtype after this movie and unseat Banagher? Say what you want but I think he comfortably displayed power beyond Paptimus, Kamille, Judah and Haman.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Jonah wants to join Rita in her freedom or at least recover her because he was unable to earlier in life and it seems as if she sacrificed herself to protect him and Michelle. Everyone else seems to have selfish motivations for their interest in Rita, explaining there desire to restrict Jona or perhaps pull them both in when he makes contact with Rita. At least that's what I got going by the first 23 mins.

Is Rita going to canonically be the most powerful Newtype after this movie and unseat Banagher? Say what you want but I think he comfortably displayed power beyond Paptimus, Kamille, Judah and Haman.
That's a good read and makes sense. Also I think she might be, but at the cost of being braindead from the implications given in those first 23 minutes.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a good read and makes sense. Also I think she might be, but at the cost of being braindead from the implications given in those first 23 minutes.
Yea that's something I didn't consider, I suppose that's why in the posters that show the three children holding hands, you can see their adult selves reflected but you don't actually see Rita reflected but you do see her visage within the stars so perhaps that's to show she never made it beyond the mind of a child and her consciousness or perception of things is transcendent, cosmic.

You could also draw the interpretation that Michelle romantically desires Jonah but has been battling the ghost of Rita for years now, trying to have her self be realized by Jonah who is singularly focused on the girl he let sacrifice herself for his well being all those years ago. Zoltan Akkanen has an infatuation with The Phenex and the Narrative- likely as a consolation prize and I guess that's why he's latched on to the group as well, because he couldn't capture Rita/Phenex and thus has hooked onto the next best thing. Just my views of things.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
You try to forget 00 exists is why. What did he even do? Did he also kill a young woman that was put through hell and finally found a sliver of happiness? WELL?!
Kill his father simply because daddy issues made him rationalize the belief that his father was responsible for a coup d'état when in reality he was trying to negotiate to end it.
Sergei Smirnov was a good man. His son was a trash human being blinded by misunderstandings and lust.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember now, but I don't remember feeling too strongly about it. Riddhe was pretty trash, but killing Marida was just too much for me.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I remember now, but I don't remember feeling too strongly about it. Riddhe was pretty trash, but killing Marida was just too much for me.
I remember myself mentally screaming at the screen telling Soma Peries to kill the motherfucker.
Comparatively, to Riddhe Marida is no one he should care about. More like a nuisance. From his point of view she is the pilot of a mobile suit that fights inside a colony at the beginning of Unicorn, the pilot that interrupts his seizing of Unicorn in an unauthorized mission, the girl who throws him into the ground out of nowhere for questioning Alberto Vist shady motives, the pilot who turns against the Delta Plus when she was supposed to be preventing Unicorn's escape and the pilot that tries to prevent him from finally engaging the Unicorn during the final race to Industrial 7.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
His state of mind was completely unstable when he basically didn't get what he wanted out of Mineva. Both Andrei and Riddhe sucked.

Oct 25, 2017
Come on you could have at least chose Banagher for the cover if you were going that route :(

I would have preferred a G Gundam cover since its releasing. Sai Saici would have been the perfect pic, Bro.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Kill his father simply because daddy issues made him rationalize the belief that his father was responsible for a coup d'état when in reality he was trying to negotiate to end it.
Sergei Smirnov was a good man. His son was a trash human being blinded by misunderstandings and lust.

This all may be true but it also took longer to read, than that nonsense character even was on screen lol.

Keep the Riddiah, we need something to sigh at when we click this page lol.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope NT is streamable by the end of the year or at least early 2019. I wanna see that shit.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
0079 is dark from episode one when, for all you know, Amuro might have inadvertently caused his father's death.
Tem Ray not actually being dead but having suffered brain damage from hypoxia isn't as bad but certainly not very good.
Yeah, that was definitely not nice. At least he's alive. I guess.

Not sure how to feel about the introduction of Newtypes at the moment. Sure, everyone was saying how Amuro was special from the beginning, but introducing this concept right at the end seems a bit late.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Why did no one tell me that Gundam was Star Wars? The lightsabers should have tipped me off, but it took the Jedi and Death Star to appear for me to notice.

Quite liked the ending, and the series overall.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
It's sci-fi from the late seventies. You have to expect a strong influence from Star Wars.
Now watch Zeta Gundam whenever you have the oportunity. It's even better, possibly my favourite, definitely in my top 3.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Zeta's really good for the most part, but I feel like it loses a lot of steam in the final quarter of the series. Not the last 2 or 3 episodes though, those are great.

But definitely watch it if you liked the original. It isn't my favorite, but it's still a really solid show.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
The only UC show I actively dislike is the F91 movie. I understand that in a parallel universe where the actual series was done maybe it is good but the movie is a hot mess of badly explained stuff that rarely makes sense and the story never has enough space to breathe.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
F91 was so pretty. Yeah it's a mess but I can see what they were going for and I would've loved even a two cour series for it.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Zeta starts out even happier than 0079. Kamille's mom lasted a whole three episodes. Also, they're embracing the slaps more and more.