• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The only UC show I actively dislike is the F91 movie. I understand that in a parallel universe where the actual series was done maybe it is good but the movie is a hot mess of badly explained stuff that rarely makes sense and the story never has enough space to breathe.
I like F91 but I always have the same experience watching it: for the first half I'm thinking to myself wow, this is really good, why does no one ever really talk about this? Then the second half of the movie happens. :lol

Gorgeous movie, though. And I really dug the mobile suit designs and the music, too. It's just the last 40-50 mins of the movie rush hours of story material at you all at once. I've watched the movie maybe 3 times and it never really feels more coherent despite knowing what's going to happen.

MarasaiMan

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guy I know a lot of people here love their gunpla and but I've been in a slump recently, I find myself buying more figures than building. Will this phase blow over or has anyone give in to the figures? Should I try and work it out and make a dent in my backlog or is there a kit that will be a fun build to get back into the groove?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guy I know a lot of people here love their gunpla and but I've been in a slump recently, I find myself buying more figures than building. Will this phase blow over or has anyone give in to the figures? Should I try and work it out and make a dent in my backlog or is there a kit that will be a fun build to get back into the groove?
For me -- getting new tools to mess around with helps. Trying new techniques I've not tried before. Just leveling up my modeling ability in general helps.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I felt a similar way until I invested in getting an airbrush setup a couple of months ago. Granted, that's a large investment to make into a hobby that you aren't currently enjoying.

Edit: WAIT, WHY THE FUCK IS RIDDHE THE BANNER WHO TF SIGNED OFF ON THIS

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The more I rewatch After War Gundam X the more I dislike it. It's not quite as boring as AGE or 00 Season 2 but it also criminally underutilizes its premise just like those shows. A post apocalyptic version of the UC timeline should be so easy to do right.

Also the art and animation is becoming worse and worse. It looks like a bootleg version of Wing.

MarasaiMan

Oct 29, 2017
I felt a similar way until I invested in getting an airbrush setup a couple of months ago. Granted, that's a large investment to make into a hobby that you aren't currently enjoying.

I hear you, I have an airbrush but I haven't used it yet. Maybe that's what I need to do paint my kits. Thanks for the advice to those who replied.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I hear you, I have an airbrush but I haven't used it yet. Maybe that's what I need to do paint my kits. Thanks for the advice to those who replied.
Another thing that might be a reality here -- maybe you're just tired of building gundams! Try building something else. Could be a nice break away from the usual.

MarasaiMan

Oct 29, 2017
Another thing that might be a reality here -- maybe you're just tired of building gundams! Try building something else. Could be a nice break away from the usual.
I haven't build a lot gundams in a while, last MG I build was a GM II which isnt to far from a gundam now that I think about it and the last HG was a Ground gundam I think your on to something. How about we put it to a vote what would be my next build?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't build a lot gundams in a while, last MG I build was a GM II which isnt to far from a gundam now that I think about it and the last HG was a Ground gundam I think your on to something. How about we put it to a vote what would be my next build?
Oh i meant like Mecha in general. Maybe planes, armor or even figure painting. But a different type of Gundam kit could work too. Hit up the scale modeling OT. I'm sure others in there could have advice on gunpla burn out.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Been watching the rest of Victory finally, at around episode 35. Hmm its got the same issues as a few of the longer series from this time, some not very well set up plot advances. Like suddenly they were captured... for like 5 minutes, two people got married suddenly, a new Victory showed up out of nowhere, and suddenly tires are the next super advancement in mech combat. Not to mention Katajina is evil now? Uso loves Katajina... but no he loves Shakti, no I mean he loves Mabaret, no no he loves Junko, nope he likes -x female of the episode who will probably die in 3 minutes- Like its not hard to follow the general story so far but I'm super pulled out of it every episode because of some really random reason.

Also that lady trying to rape him in the tub or something? And Oliver having to die cause...?

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Zeta starts out even happier than 0079. Kamille's mom lasted a whole three episodes. Also, they're embracing the slaps more and more.
The volume of random smack downs during the first couple arcs of Zeta is absolutely one of the most memorable things about the series to me.

I'm up to episode 36 in ZZ, and boy did that get dark. Hearing Glemy namedrop Mashymre Cello in reference to the
colony drop
was jarring. Some real Darth Jar Jar shit going on behind the scenes in this show.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Before my fiancee gets back and does the tree decorations, I figure Tallgeese needed to go somewhere...

1473676767250.gif

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Smash Bros. Ultimate I heard the word Victory a few hundred times these past few days and I started getting flashbacks.

Oct 30, 2017
It's been a long time since I saw ZZ. Did they ever really explain how Glemy went from being some ineffectual low level mook who spent most of his time chasing little girls and getting his Mobile Suit stolen to being the leader of an insurrectionist army comprised of lolita clones?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So just how bad is Gundam Age?

Last day of the sales on RightStuf for the Blu-rays. would I be better off just skipping it for now and rebuying something like 00 or G-Gundam or 08th, despite the fact I already own all of them on DVD?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

Last day of the sales on RightStuf for the Blu-rays. would I be better off just skipping it for now and rebuying something like 00 or G-Gundam or 08th, despite the fact I already own all of them on DVD?
I'd say wait for when it eventually hits the Gundam.info rotation. Watch a couple of episodes and decide for yourself. Then wait for a new sale on RightStuff. These things aren't going to suddenly disappear.

Oct 25, 2017

gAGE is not bad, gen 2 alone makes it up there with Seed and Seed Destiny with me. Like everything about the gundam designs, music, and plot is so on point.
tumblr_m79ej0BS9l1qd3iz5o1_500.gif

Also not only are the boys the best, but it has one of the best gundam femchars ever

tumblr_m7splpCctS1qd3iz5o1_500.gif

tumblr_m7splpCctS1qd3iz5o2_500.gif

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt manga will have a different, probably more simplified art style moving forward due to the author's tenosynovitis (inflammation surrounding the tendons). Some of the chapters in Volume 12 have had more CGI mecha which is probably an indication of things to come.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ga-resumes-ohtagaki-changes-art-style/.140796

It's unfortunate since there's some really great mechanical detail in the Thunderbolt manga, but it's completely understandable given his health issues.

Edit:
Nevermind, the mecha aren't CG, but the art some roughness to it
RtORI10.jpg

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt manga will have a different, probably more simplified art style moving forward due to the author's tenosynovitis (inflammation surrounding the tendons). Some of the chapters in Volume 12 have had more CGI mecha which is probably an indication of things to come.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ga-resumes-ohtagaki-changes-art-style/.140796

It's unfortunate since there's some really great mechanical detail in the Thunderbolt manga, but it's completely understandable given his health issues.
Surprised he's going to keep going. Guess he really just wants to finish it.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gen 1: 0079 but worse.
Gen 2: Zeta. Best arc.
Gen 3: ZZ. Meh.
Final Arc: Seed Destiny tier. Cool mecha designs (AGE-FX is great), but the story goes to shit.

And let's not get into how they butcher Zehart's character towards the end, though the Memory of Eden movie fixed it a bit.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a rewatch of After War Gundam X. Much worse than I remember it. Easily the third worst series behind AGE and 00 Season 2. The show was clearly cursed.

But it did give us this.

As for AGE, there's nothing redeeming about AGE at all. It looks boring. It sounds boring. It is boring. The premise was mishandled. The mecha aren't cool. The story is lame.

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017

Edit:
Nevermind, the mecha aren't CG, but the art some roughness to it
RtORI10.jpg
Yeah I saw the new chap and noticed the art was rougher than usual - thought it was just the artist getting used to drawing again after his disease, but then I heard the news. Wonder if he couldn't get more assistants to sharpen his lines or something.
It does look like it's gearing up for the final battle (or maybe this is the final battle), but imo it lost its steam quite a while ago.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long time since I saw ZZ. Did they ever really explain how Glemy went from being some ineffectual low level mook who spent most of his time chasing little girls and getting his Mobile Suit stolen to being the leader of an insurrectionist army comprised of lolita clones?

Well he's always got this creepy vibe going around women, he just jacks it up to 11 when ZZ turns super serious in the back half.

Oct 25, 2017
Char was supposed to come back and do what Glemy did, but CCA got green lit so Glemy took over. Glemy is a pedophile, fuck Glemy.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Watched The Origin VI while it's on Gundam.info's channel.
All I can say is fuck Revil.
But I guess that's about what you can expect when you entrust peace talks to the fucking military.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for all the opinions on Age, I think I'll wait. I made the mistake of purchasing Reconquista in G just because it was on sale and couldn't even make it through it.

Anyone have opinions on the Blu-ray editions and goodies for 00 and G-Gundam? I have the DVDs sitting right here, and I don't really NEED a tequila gundam shot glass, but I'm tempted all the same.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Watched The Origin VI while it's on Gundam.info's channel.
All I can say is fuck Revil.
But I guess that's about what you can expect when you entrust peace talks to the fucking military.

As if Zabi wasn't in there threatening him while he was a prisoner. In Gundam, both sides are wrong. That's why it focuses on individuals more than organizations.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
As if Zabi wasn't in there threatening him while he was a prisoner. In Gundam, both sides are wrong. That's why it focuses on individuals more than organizations.
Or the Earth Federation could have let colonies hold a referendum on independence instead of going down a path that led to the death of one third of humanity?
As Mirai's father said in the episode: Not enough economic damage had been dealt for any of the parts to agree to stop this madness.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Sure it had a starting point, but the snakes in the grass were waiting in Zeon. Zabis were responsible for dropping the colonies. Zeon went from wanting indepedence to wanting everything. The Federation had everything and wanted to keep it.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Sure it had a starting point, but the snakes in the grass were waiting in Zeon. Zabis were responsible for dropping the colonies. Zeon went from wanting indepedence to wanting everything. The Federation had everything and wanted to keep it.
The snakes were fed by the Federation. Had they negotiated better deals with the colonies, the Zabis wouldn't have risen to absolute power.
The Zabis are obviously to blame for the colony drops. Degwin was stupid to let Ghiren amass so much power, he would have been better served by Garma as a public face, Dozle in the military and Kcylia in the sewers of power.
I don't think the idea that Zeon could hold the Earth is reasonable. If the population is against you, holding a territory as big as the whole planet is a logistical nightmare that can only last for so long before you deplete your resources and the earthnoids reclaim those that lay on Earth.
The Federation knew that the colonies would never win a war of attrition but instead of avoiding further death and long lasting resentment they went for eventual victory. That's why I say fuck Revil. He is military top brass. Once back from the Loum fiasco it's not him who will be dying in the battlefield but his subordinates.
I guess you could also say the British empire had everything and wanted to keep it but more civilized ways exist to settle certain disputes than the American War of Independence as the Scottish have shown.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Zeon gassed their fellow spacenoids because they didn't side with them in the war and dropped a colony on Australia. They were definitely the greater of the two evils during the OYW. They threatened to destroy a colony with nuclear weapons in an attempt to destroy the Alex. How anyone sides with Zeon is beyond me. The EFSF weren't angelic and did a number of terrible things but I think the atrocities that Zeon and their remnants executed are largely responsible for the discrimination that future spacenoids would suffer.

I'd like to see the Gundam series have a future story that finds spacenoids coming to the conclusion that they can't demand their freedom whilst living in structures erected by the EFSF and as such they leave that sector of space to terraform other, uninhabited worlds as a means of gaining self governance.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm back... finally working on zeta again and almost done, could use that order guide again, although considering doing a change of pace and watching g gundam since I'm in the mood to try some super robot stuff and it is an alt timeline so it doesn't matter when I choose to watch it.

For a little crossposting. Gunpla building continues, built Messala before Christmas
cpJQsA0.jpg

and got this from my sister

hWtLxlg.jpg

And had a gift card to use so grabbed these guys tonight because I'm finally ready to try mg(would have gotten wing tv over f91 but these were the only mg left at my b&n)
0QOsQUE.jpg

Planning to order the hg astray no name off amazon then I've got a backlog till July

Edit: also where is the f91 from? One of the manga or something?

Last edited:

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm back... finally working on zeta again and almost done, could use that order guide again, although considering doing a change of pace and watching g gundam since I'm in the mood to try some super robot stuff and it is an alt timeline so it doesn't matter when I choose to watch it.

For a little crossposting. Gunpla building continues, built Messala before Christmas
cpJQsA0.jpg

and got this from my sister

hWtLxlg.jpg

And had a gift card to use so grabbed these guys tonight because I'm finally ready to try mg(would have gotten wing tv over f91 but these were the only mg left at my b&n)
0QOsQUE.jpg

Planning to order the hg astray no name off amazon then I've got a backlog till July

Edit: also where is the f91 from? One of the manga or something?

Isn't that just the normal f91 from the f91 movie?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I'd like to see the Gundam series have a future story that finds spacenoids coming to the conclusion that they can't demand their freedom whilst living in structures erected by the EFSF and as such they leave that sector of space to terraform other, uninhabited worlds as a means of gaining self governance.
LOL, your colonialism is showing. The Earth Federation may be able to claim economic compensation for the cost of building the colonies but the right of self-determination is in UN's charter.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Isn't that just the normal f91 from the f91 movie?
I didn't know it was a movie XD still pretty new to the series, all I know of is og, zeta and in passing ZZ, unicorn, build fighters, g gundam and wing gundam being things but no specifics

Also after Zeta is chars counter attack then ZZ right?