• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Zeta, ZZ and then CCA after that is Unicorn, then F91 and Victory Gundam.
Thanks for correcting me, I get the feeling that might have been a big mistake XD oh wait so F91 is a UC gundam Hunh. Also got linked an awesome visual order reference a few months back but can't seem to find it.
Also if I want to do a change of pace is there any issues with me taking a detour to G Gundam after Zeta? It's an alternate timeline standalone isn't it?

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for correcting me, I get the feeling that might have been a big mistake XD oh wait so F91 is a UC gundam Hunh. Also got linked an awesome visual order reference a few months back but can't seem to find it.
Also if I want to do a change of pace is there any issues with me taking a detour to G Gundam after Zeta? It's an alternate timeline standalone isn't it?
G Gundam is an alternate universe. I don't hate it, but I'm probably never going to buy it since it's just too Shonen for me. It's fine to watch if you want a Gundam that's not a Gundam show. F91 is UC, there's just not a lot of media that details the transitions into the world that Victory Gundam turns into.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
G Gundam is an alternate universe. I don't hate it, but I'm probably never going to buy it since it's just too Shonen for me. It's fine to watch if you want a Gundam that's not a Gundam show. F91 is UC, there's just not a lot of media that details the transitions into the world that Victory Gundam turns into.
Ah ok. Also I love Shonen and I've been wanting to try some super robot shows that aren't super old. So G Gundam sounds like a fun diversion

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. Also I love Shonen and I've been wanting to try some super robot shows that aren't super old. So G Gundam sounds like a fun diversion
G is fun, some seem to declare it the best Gundam show, which is an opinion that I honestly don't side with. That's a subsect of the fanbase that I do my best to distance myself from because it's an annoying and very vocal yet small part of the fanbase.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
G is fun, some seem to declare it the best Gundam show, which is an opinion that I honestly don't side with. That's a subsect of the fanbase that I do my best to distance myself from because it's an annoying and very vocal yet small part of the fanbase.
I just watched the OP... it looks awesome however it is a spinoff alternate take and by extension cannot be the best since it's not a true Gundam show but a fun what if. It's like saying peter porker is the best Spider-Man. However Dracula undead and loving it is the most accurate Dracula movie(which will never stop being wierd or awesome to me).

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the OP... it looks awesome however it is a spinoff alternate take and by extension cannot be the best since it's not a true Gundam show but a fun what if. It's like saying peter porker is the best Spider-Man. However Dracula undead and loving it is the most accurate Dracula movie(which will never stop being wierd or awesome to me).
Yeah G is good, I just don't like its fanbase. To me it's slightly more understandable than somebody in the Macross fanbase saying Macross Delta is the best show.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So New Gundam Breaker for PS4: I know it's worse than the previous games (and I have the original Gundam Breaker 3) but is it worth 19 bucks? Or not even that?

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
crossposting:

comparison pics!
nMNgFN6.jpg

Dlo829d.jpg

releasing in 2 days =)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Char quite clearly betrayed a lot of people. He's a bit of a hypocrite on a lot of things though.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is about giant robots being piloted for questionable reasons. The true nature of war. The horrible condition of the planet earth and the depravity of humans in their quest for domination over other humans and the natural world. It's about as Gundam as you can get, only better written and plotted out than the rest of the series combined.

All of the best Gundam products aren't giant space wars. 0080 is basically what if Studio Ghibli did a OYW story and is by far the best OVA. Gundam Build Fighters is a toyetic kids show not even about real battles that has more heart and real emotion than any of those depressing space epics. I am going to do a chronological review of Gundam in the new year (which is why I rewatched Victory and X, and need to watch Reconquista and Build Divers) but I'm positive my rankings for best shows will be G and then Build Fighters and for best OVA it will be War in the Pocket without a doubt.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is fairly depressing. Humans did fuck up the earth. A lot of people got zombified. Domon has had a country music song life by the begging of the final act. Allenby loses out to Rain.

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is fairly depressing. Humans did fuck up the earth. A lot of people got zombified. Domon has had a country music song life by the begging of the final act. Allenby loses out to Rain.
As true as this is I find the tone to be overall different. I do feel sorry for Allenby but I've been hardened by Macross love triangles, Allenby was never going to win.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
0080 is secretly the most depressing Gundam show because of the futility of Bernie's struggle. The war literally ends in the next week.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, I find his va to be pretty charming in English. He's in a ton of stuff. Plus Bernie is Solid Snake doing his not snake voice.
I remember not liking the dub too much when I saw it originally. I don't know if I was too Gundamed out or I just wasn't enjoying the cast that much, I couldn't finish it. For some odd reason my favorites don't seem to match up with a lot of the western audience or at least some of the people on this forum.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
As true as this is I find the tone to be overall different. I do feel sorry for Allenby but I've been hardened by Macross love triangles, Allenby was never going to win.
Allenby should have pulled an Atra and found a way not to lose. Joking aside I wonder if IBO will lead to more harems/open relationships in gundam shows.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^nice!

via Stonekeung01, Toysdaily mod

From left to right: 1/60 Arcadia, 1/48 YAMATO, DX superalloy
Mho73Sf.jpg

Touch and try vid:

Last edited:

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to jump into Gundam back in June. Started with G Gundam, and then decided to work my way through the main UC stuff. I've now been through:
First Gundam (movie trilogy and The Origin manga)
Zeta
ZZ
Char's Counterattack
08th MS Team
Unicorn
The Origin
Both Thunderbolt movies

Not a bad list for half a year, but I'm not sure where to go next. I'd like to get to Turn A soon ish, but I'd like to watch everything leading up to it in order to appreciate the series, and I hear that X and the late UC material aren't very highly regarded. Alternately, I might take a detour into one of the more liked AUs like 00 or Iron Blooded Orphans.

Thoughts?

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to jump into Gundam back in June. Started with G Gundam, and then decided to work my way through the main UC stuff. I've now been through:
Zeta
ZZ
Char's Counterattack
08th MS Team
Unicorn
The Origin
Both Thunderbolt movies

Not a bad list for half a year, but I'm not sure where to go next. I'd like to get to Turn A soon ish, but I'd like to watch everything leading up to it in order to appreciate the series, and I hear that X and the late UC material aren't very highly regarded. Alternately, I might take a detour into one of the more liked AUs like 00 or Iron Blooded Orphans.

Thoughts?
I like Victory Gundam and also enjoyed IBO...00...ehhh...lots of wasted potential.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Zeta
ZZ
Char's Counterattack
08th MS Team
Unicorn
The Origin
Both Thunderbolt movies

Thoughts?
IBO's pretty incredible. Easily one of my favorite series if you're looking for something outside of UC.

As for myself, I feel a Wing rewatch coming on...

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Origin, which I have not seen, would have to go very far to disparage the name of Amuro's dad to get him to the level of Kamille's dad.

Kamille's dad was abusive, a cheater, and knowingly working for the Titans.

Oct 25, 2017
No contest. Kamillle's is worse. Tem Ray is never an asshole to his son. What he does is what any father would do to keep his son from harm.
Anybody know if there's Zeta prequel stuff in existence (Not talking about 0083 either)? Though yeah Kamille's dad is a piece of shit. Tem just sort of isn't there and shouts at Amuro for being a bit of a bum, which is honestly just Amuro's own doing.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Tem just sort of isn't there
I don't blame him for that at all, tbh. Sometimes parents have jobs they have to go away for. People turn out just fine with that in their life, too. Not every story is that, but I think Aumuro would have been fine outside of being a bit lazy. It's just, ya know, a war kinda tore his life apart, so...

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Anybody know if there's Zeta prequel stuff in existence (Not talking about 0083 either)? Though yeah Kamille's dad is a piece of shit. Tem just sort of isn't there and shouts at Amuro for being a bit of a bum, which is honestly just Amuro's own doing.
There's literally "Advance of Zeta" but I have no idea if any of it is translated. I only know it because of a couple of gunpla kits related to it like the Gaplant Hrairoo.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
There's literally "Advance of Zeta" but I have no idea if any of it is translated. I only know it because of a couple of gunpla kits related to it like the Gaplant Hrairoo.
Looks like there are some fan scanalations out there. Won't share for obvious reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
I want this to get The Origin treatment.
I don't blame him for that at all, tbh. Sometimes parents have jobs they have to go away for. People turn out just fine with that in their life, too. Not every story is that, but I think Aumuro would have been fine outside of being a bit lazy. It's just, ya know, a war kinda tore his life apart, so...
I think Amuro would have at least been more socially capable with good parenting, dude's a bit of a mess with people. He's decent in Zeta and still bad in CCA.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Need to watch the last two episodes of Origin, are they worth it guys?

Also anyone play Gundam Battle Operation 2 on PS4? I got a download code with my promo drawings when I saw NT that I don't plan on using. Lemme know if someone wants it. I think its for 5,000 DP whatever that is.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode of Origin has by far the most combat. The way it ends is also very cool.

Was not expecting The Origin to introduce a young Lalah.
So who's dad is worse? Kamille's or Amuro's?

Both the manga and the OVA do a bit too much of the put-everyone-in-the-prequel thing. At least in the manga it feels more justified because the prequel content is a break in the middle of the full 0079 story.