• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What was the reception to IBO here?

I'm catching up on stuff from the past few years and totally tuned out any reactions and overall reception to IBO.

It has a couple of boring arcs but overall it's fantastic and has some of my favorite Gundam characters.

Speaking of IBO, did they ever dub season 2? I wanted to rewatch it all dubbed.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. I've been missing out then. JYB is kinda weird as Orga from the couple of episodes I watched dubbed. Maybe he'll grow on me. I guess the voice should technically match more since he's a teenager and not a grown-ass man.
For the most part I had no problem with him, granted I watched the last couple of eps subbed and it wasn't really too far off from the English.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
GUNDAM MOVIES AND OVA, PART ONE

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: CHAR'S COUNTERATTACK (FEBRUARY 1988)

Remember that time during Zeta when Char was a friend to all humans and just wanted to see justice done to the Titans and Axis Zeon? Remember the time he left the stage so another blond pedophile could get stomped by Haman? Well, old asshole Char is back in this theatrical release. And he brought other assholes such as Hathaway and the super detestable Quess with him. Why yes, Char is clearly stringing this underage girl around to get her to do newtype shit as he conspires to drop bigger and bigger rocks on earth. He wants to clean the place up, you see, by creating a nuclear winter. I'm sure the surviving Federation government will just let bygones be bygones when they are forced into space. Quess meanwhile is a spoiled brat looking for a newtype to fawn over her adolescent, unbalanced pig tailed ass. There's Something About Quess could be the real title of this. Anyways this movie looks absolutely stunning for 1988. Also it has some great mecha. Nu Gundam, Char's Sazabi, this crazy fucking French flag painted Hobby Hizak, Jagd Doga, which sounds like a map from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Jegans are also super dope. It's crazy important to the shitty back half of the UC, but most people don't need to watch it.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 0080: WAR IN THE POCKET (MARCH 1989)

Hands down the best Gundam OVA/Movie. It's like what if Studio Ghibli was handed a Gundam project. Bernie isn't some combat ace; he's just a regular joe drafted by Zeon in the final days of the war. His mission wasn't important, he wasn't a man of destiny. But he did what he thought was right even though it was pointless. Pour one out to the only likable Zeon. The OVA looks good, sounds great. All the standard OYW suits with the only really new thing being the Gundam Alex, which...isn't really that different from the 78-2. This is one of three Gundam properties I recommend to general anime fans and yes, it's also a Christmas story!

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM F91 (MARCH 1991)

Tomino wanted to make another TV show. The powers that be didn't want to do that and instead wanted a theatrical release. So what happens when you try to cram a 13 episode proto version of Gundam Victory into a two hour movie? You get this piece of good looking garbage. The pacing is completely wack. Nothing makes sense, characters admit to not even knowing what they are doing. The villains are laughably weird. Pirate themed autocrats who want to kill 9/10ths of humanity to rule over the rest by the code of nobility. Democracy was a mistake; the common man can run away from battle while the noble has to stay and fight...because nobility. Weird stuff that would actually come back in both Victory and Wing. Anyways the good guy's mother makes a Gundam, this time not with Anaheim Electronics as the Federation finally got sick of them making shit for all the many space rebellions. The bad guys attack the colony he's on to kidnap his girlfriend who is the grandaughter of these weird pirate nobles. Her dad is a robot dude who controls genocide bots with his iron mask; the ultimate cyber newtype. She joins the bad guys until realizing they are crazy and joins with her boyfriend to kill her dad, while another Char like pirate dude watches and goes great, I never liked the robot dad anyways see you in the manga presumably. Some of the mecha looks okay and the movie does admittedly look great in the HD restoration done in 2011...but no one needs to watch this.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 0083: STARDUST MEMORY (May 1991)

This 13 part OVA, which would be considered a full tv series length today show, is the interquel between MSG and Zeta. How did the Titans form? How did North America get fucked up in between the two series? Why are Haman/Paptimus in such good positions to return to cause chaos? Will anyone love an EXTRA THICC Gundam (answer Yes) Do people irrationally hate Nina Purpleton? Also yes. Is Kou Uraki a Man of Destiny? If the Destiny is to lose to Gato, then yes, yes he is. This show is fun; it's short, it has cool Gundams and Gundam accessories. Gato and Delaz are a hoot and the initial theft of the Nuclear Equipped Walking Death Mobile known as Metal Gear Gundam RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A "Physalis" is really cool. Some of the other mecha introduced are also quite nice. It looks and sounds amazing for a home video released in 1991.

WOULD I HANG OUT WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER?:

1. CCA era Amuro is a bit of a tsundere to be honest. He's got a lot on his mind but still, he snaps at people a bit too much. I'll come if he invites me but I'd be wary if he showed up out of the blue.

2. Bernie is the only Zeon worth a damn. He can come over whenever he wants. Al is a nice boy as well, he can come by whenever.

3. It's not proto Banagher/Uso's fault F91 sucks...but then again I'm not inviting him to the good parties either.

4. Kou is okay in my book.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Kou is just doing his best okay? He's not a winner. He's not a man of destiny. He's just a test pilot, more of a moving target dummy.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM:

FIRST AIRING: April 1992

OVERVIEW: Weird space autocracy wants to kidnap a young girl with special powers to succeed their leader...yes this does sound a lot like F91. We go even later in the Universal Century with an even younger protagonist in Uso Ewin, who is a thirteen year old boy. The series starts with him handgilding into a suit and jacking it...and then shows the realistic depiction of the complete annihilation of a Warsaw stand in. Then transformable bug mobile suits with beam rotors. Battleships with wheels. It's got the wacky hijinks of ZZ mixed in with the horrors of war depicted in Zeta, only far worse. Shakti, the princess of this weird space religion whose mom can perform LEGIT MIRACULOUS HEALING gets kidnapped oh, at least six more times than Judau's sister. The bad guys plan besides just killing everyone on earth is to put them to sleep so they can die of starvation because that seems so much nicer. This is not mentioning how crazy Uso's friend and maybe love interest Katejina goes from helpful spy to a merciless enemy in about three weeks. Whatever. It all ends up turning out basically okay in the end...as long as you're not a member of the supporting cast as you probably died brutally sometime in the first half. This is also the last show to look and sound like UC gundam until Unicorn shows up. You can really see how this is right between ZZ and Mobile Fighter G Gundam in design, which makes sense as a few of the staff from Victory had key roles in the next televised Gundam series.

MECHA: Beam rotors. Wheels. After you get over the ridiculousness of this...you find that the mecha in this show is pretty memorable overall. V2 is a very nice looking Gundam. Angel Halo is completely out there for a Gundam show. There's space insects and a space dragon.

MAIN CAST: A likeable group of kids and weirdos fighting back when the absolutely useless Federation government decides to just let these space wackjobs obsessed with beam rotors and guillotines commit genocide across Europe. The kids are great and well developed. Marbet and Oliver are a hoot. The villains are weirdos but not humorously so like ZZ. Uso's Mom is a fucking rockstar action hero champion scientist. Uso's dad is also a miracle worker in that he gets the Federation to get off their ass and stop these maniacs. Shakti's mom's name is MARIA PURE HARMONIA.

BRIGHT SPOT: This is actually a super tough one because...most of the good guy cast of this show is pretty memorable and cool. But then I remember that Haro in this series is a fucking MVP. He can pilot the Victory (not well, but good enough to move and shoot) he can throw gigantic holographic images to confuse the enemy. Haro saves someone by himself (or with the dog) at least three times in the series. Haro.

SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: Hmmm....I like it quite a bit...It's got a lot of mobile suit flying kicks. But no, you probably shouldn't watch it. It's got weird tone and pacing issues. The V2 just shows up out of nowhere. The first episode is really the fourth and it shows. Plot points get dropped at random and sometimes picked back up again. They keep going into space, going back to earth, going back to space, trying to save Shakti, trying to stop Shakti from coming back, invading Zanscare because...wait isn't Shakti already back with the group? I forget.

WOULD I HANG OUT WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER?: During the series? No, that kid needs a therapist. Epilogue era Uso? Maybe I'd go and visit and give him a hug. He needs it.

RANKING:

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZETA
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZZ

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE SUIT VICTORY GUNDAM:

FIRST AIRING: April 1992

OVERVIEW: Weird space autocracy wants to kidnap a young girl with special powers to succeed their leader...yes this does sound a lot like F91. We go even later in the Universal Century with an even younger protagonist in Uso Ewin, who is a thirteen year old boy. The series starts with him handgilding into a suit and jacking it...and then shows the realistic depiction of the complete annihilation of a Warsaw stand in. Then transformable bug mobile suits with beam rotors. Battleships with wheels. It's got the wacky hijinks of ZZ mixed in with the horrors of war depicted in Zeta, only far worse. Shakti, the princess of this weird space religion whose mom can perform LEGIT MIRACULOUS HEALING gets kidnapped oh, at least six more times than Judau's sister. The bad guys plan besides just killing everyone on earth is to put them to sleep so they can die of starvation because that seems so much nicer. This is not mentioning how crazy Uso's friend and maybe love interest Katejina goes from helpful spy to a merciless enemy in about three weeks. Whatever. It all ends up turning out basically okay in the end...as long as you're not a member of the supporting cast as you probably died brutally sometime in the first half. This is also the last show to look and sound like UC gundam until Unicorn shows up. You can really see how this is right between ZZ and Mobile Fighter G Gundam in design, which makes sense as a few of the staff from Victory had key roles in the next televised Gundam series.

MECHA: Beam rotors. Wheels. After you get over the ridiculousness of this...you find that the mecha in this show is pretty memorable overall. V2 is a very nice looking Gundam. Angel Halo is completely out there for a Gundam show. There's space insects and a space dragon.

MAIN CAST: A likeable group of kids and weirdos fighting back when the absolutely useless Federation government decides to just let these space wackjobs obsessed with beam rotors and guillotines commit genocide across Europe. The kids are great and well developed. Marbet and Oliver are a hoot. The villains are weirdos but not humorously so like ZZ. Uso's Mom is a fucking rockstar action hero champion scientist. Uso's dad is also a miracle worker in that he gets the Federation to get off their ass and stop these maniacs. Shakti's mom's name is MARIA PURE HARMONIA.

BRIGHT SPOT: This is actually a super tough one because...most of the good guy cast of this show is pretty memorable and cool. But then I remember that Haro in this series is a fucking MVP. He can pilot the Victory (not well, but good enough to move and shoot) he can throw gigantic holographic images to confuse the enemy. Haro saves someone by himself (or with the dog) at least three times in the series. Haro.

SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: Hmmm....I like it quite a bit...It's got a lot of mobile suit flying kicks. But no, you probably shouldn't watch it. It's got weird tone and pacing issues. The V2 just shows up out of nowhere. The first episode is really the fourth and it shows. Plot points get dropped at random and sometimes picked back up again. They keep going into space, going back to earth, going back to space, trying to save Shakti, trying to stop Shakti from coming back, invading Zanscare because...wait isn't Shakti already back with the group? I forget.

WOULD I HANG OUT WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER?: During the series? No, that kid needs a therapist. Epilogue era Uso? Maybe I'd go and visit and give him a hug. He needs it.

RANKING:

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZETA
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZZ
Uso's greatest enemy is his former babysitter. Also how can you not bring up the bikini bazooka brigade? But all in all it sounds like you liked Victory. It's fucking weird, but it's one of my favorites.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
It's a wheel bugs thing. Your kind would never understand.
Proudly the kind that doesn't understand superfluous wheels in space. Anthropomorphic robots is enough suspension of disbelief and just works because they often mimic what an actual person would do (Sazabi and Re-GZ needlessly gesturing during the "ego" conversation at the beginning of CCA comes to mind).

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Let me further explain it this way. I do not think the mecha in ZZ or Victory are very good. ZZ has a lot of derivative junk with a bare handful of really good designs, it also has among my least favorite looking Gundams in the ZZ. Victory doesn't really have anything super strong like the best things from ZZ and I really disliked it going in but the weirdness brought it up to about the same level. Also for a mass produced model the V1 looks kinda neat and I really got used to how the V2 looked after awhile.

Both shows have what I'd consider about C- mecha design overall.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
If one were to take only the Gundams into account, both V1 and V2 are definitely better than ZZ.
However, once one gets past those, for me it's either ugly or bland against derivative but still good-looking.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MOBILE FIGHTER G GUNDAM:

FIRST AIRING: APRIL 1994

OVERVIEW: Domon Kasshu returns home from his martial arts training to government officials telling him that his mom is dad, his father imprisoned, and his brother is in possession of an extinction level threat weapon, the Devil Dark Gundam. The Ultimate Gundam can self replicate, self evolve, self recover with the three great theoretical principles. He can free his father though by stopping the Devil Dark Gundam, bringing in his brother for justice and oh, just beating every single other martial artist in the world in the four year quasi Olympics, quasi gladiatorial death match known as the Gundam fight. You see here in the Fighting Century the nations decided that war was dumb; the earth was trashed and all the rich people live in space so they'd elect a leader by having the Gundam Fight. Where they would fight. And fight. And keep on fighting until one Gundam reigned supreme. The country that sponsored said Gundam would rule the earth sphere for the next four years. Thus Domon is sent to earth looking for that man, Kyoji Kasshu. Along the way he meets a host of characters including a master of Germanic Ninjitsu, a psychic French Knight, a giant Russian space pirate with a heart of gold, the shining star of American hope and heavyweight boxing champion, a prodigy of Shaolin kung-fu and the best itinerant street cook, his martial arts master the legendary Undefeated of the East who might be stronger outside his mobile suit than within. Also Zombies, lots of zombies. Oh and an unabashed Chow Yun Fat clone. Oh and a killer clown. Oh and evil Hercules. Oh and.... This show is the first and best Gundam show not to take place in the Universal Century. It was also just recently updated into HD and has taken the crown from Zeta for best restoration. The show is simply gorgeous. The soundtrack is also amazing considering this show is every Hong Kong movie ever combined with every 80's commando movie.

MECHA: There's a robot horse. A robot windmill. A robot mermaid. A robot viking ship. Did I mention the robot horse? Piloting the robot horse...a real ass horse. A robot clown. A robot wearing a sombero. Robot zombies with zombie pilots. A robot mummy. A robot Lumberjack. A robot cobra. You could replace all those robots (saving the horse) with the word Gundam and you'd be entirely accurate. A Gundam with boxing gloves, a surf board, a football helmet, and two six shooters. A robot with a tricorne hat. I could go on. and on. The final boss is maybe the coolest mecha in the history of the genre.

MAIN CAST: They're great. All of them. Stereotypes and all. All likable or detestable in the right amounts. The annoying kid character isn't annoying at all and his character arc is among the best. The villains are hammy and just perfect for the events that take place. The true mastermind is something else entirely.

BRIGHT SPOT: I could literally pick almost anything but you basically have to go with Master Asia, who steals every scene he is in. He's the only tragic villain in the entire franchise whose plot makes a lick of sense. He's a main of principle until the very end.

SHOULD YOU WATCH IT?: Yes. It's one of only three Gundam properties I recommend without reservation to non Gundam fans. It's a joy and a treat to introduce people to this show, and now it looks and sounds amazing with the loving restoration. Most gundam series are these sweeping space operas that try to convey the horrors of war and environment destruction with nonsense philosophy and grandstanding while Mobile Fighter G Gundam communicates it with its fists.

WOULD I HANG OUT WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER?: Sure we can get pizza.

RANKING:

MOBILE FIGHTER G GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT ZETA GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZZ

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
G gundam is a bunch of nonsense and the main reason to watch it is that one likes Dragon Ball Z. The only difference is that there are giant robots in it.
I'd go as far as to say that it is only Gundam in name. You could have put giant robots without V fins or vents for mouths that aren't called Gundam and it would be exactly the same except for the last battle scene where for a few seconds there is a bunch of cameos.
The Gundam series for people that don't like Gundam.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It is very much the Deep Space Nine of the Gundam fandom in that there is a vocal portion of the fanbase who doesn't accept it as part of the franchise let alone the very best of it. The soul of Gundam is very much there though; the machinations of evil men, the ruin of earth and the hope for a better future. People who can't understand each other until they face off on the field of battle. Ulube and Master Asia especially are better Gundam villains than those other jabronis who don't really know what they want or how to manipulate people.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Everything Gundam stands for, G Gundam doesn't have.
It's not Real Robot. It's not space opera. It doesn't have antagonists one may sympathize with or at least understand why they act the way they act even if you don't agree with them. It has no semblance of politics or economics. It doesn't have a message that criticizes war. It hardly touches on a future where part of humanity may live in space habitats. It has no loss and the only person of any importance that I remember dying is Master Asia. Good guys are not conflicted about their acts. Bad guys are generally comically villainous.
I'm OK with people liking it, I don't find it bad but it's the aspartame of Gundam's sugar. It might be sweet but it's just not the same.

I must say that even though it doesn't have the things I look for in Gundam it has plenty of other things that make it worth it. Hype battles, likable characters, hot-blooded martial artists, crazy escalation, plenty of humor, a penchant for over the top national stereotypes, a green message against polluting Earth, etc. It's just that this makes it Dragon Ball Z with robots which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It simply feels out of place in the Gundam extended universe.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
It is very much the Deep Space Nine of the Gundam fandom in that there is a vocal portion of the fanbase who doesn't accept it as part of the franchise let alone the very best of it.
This is a matter of opinion and 100% not the fact or generally agreed upon. The racist ass caricatures that most of the gundams exist as alone keep it from reaching that, but you do you.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was G Reco? Its the only one I havent watched besides IBO season 2, and Turn A. But ive been thinking about watching some Gundam recently.

Worth a watch or just watch IBO season 2? I swear it was on Netflix, but it looks like only Unicorn is on there atm, in the US.

Isnt there supposed to be a new Gundam series coming out soon?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the impressions on IBO

So far it's...ok. The animation isn't great lol.

Meanwhile I just bought the G-Reco Blu-ray for a rewatch 😅

How was G Reco? Its the only one I havent watched besides IBO season 2, and Turn A. But ive been thinking about watching some Gundam recently.
Did you like Overman King Gainer? G-Reco is like that but x10 lol

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Worth a watch or just watch IBO season 2? I swear it was on Netflix, but it looks like only Unicorn is on there atm, in the US.

Isnt there supposed to be a new Gundam series coming out soon?
Hey, Vic. Nice to see the Gundam talk in the comic OT got you over here. I've not seen G-Reco, but I've not heard favorable things. It's getting a compilation film someitme in the near future, so I'm personally waiting for that. That said, I love IBO so I'm going to strongly recommend that over G-Reco based on the negative word of mouth. IBO ssn 2 is polarizing but it has a really satisfying (and fucking sad) crescendo that I fell really closes out that series and all of it's running themes really well. Some people complain that it moves slow but I was so in love with the cast, I never had that issue.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Vic. Nice to see the Gundam talk in the comic OT got you over here. I've not seen G-Reco, but I've not heard favorable things. It's getting a compilation film someitme in the near future, so I'm personally waiting for that. That said, I love IBO so I'm going to strongly recommend that over G-Reco based on the negative word of mouth. IBO ssn 2 is polarizing but it has a really satisfying (and fucking sad) crescendo that I fell really closes out that series and all of it's running themes really well. Some people complain that it moves slow but I was so in love with the cast, I never had that issue.
Yea I will probably just check out IBO season 2. I really enjoyed the setting and characters in the show, but never got around to finishing it.

I really like the look of the G Reco Gundam! Reminds me of Victory Gundam abit. But yea if theres a movie coming ill just wait for that. Thanks!

2 questions while im here though: Is the Gundam 00 sequel going to be an actual series or a movie? Or do we not know yet?

And how is Victory Gundam seen these days? I remember not being a huge fan of it when I first watched it, but its been years since I watched it.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the look of the G Reco Gundam!
Same! It looks like a cool, friendly robobug in the best way possible. Kinda reminds me of like Bumblebee in the new Transformers movie. Friendly and approachable but able to look cool effortlessly. The tech and mecha design in general really catches my eye. Hell even the characters fashion looks rad in that series. It looks sharp. Mind, that's all at a distance.
Is the Gundam 00 sequel going to be an actual series or a movie? Or do we not know yet?
We don't know yet.
And how is Victory Gundam seen these days? I remember not being a huge fan of it when I first watched it, but its been years since I watched it.
Man God did a fun episode by episode write up not too long ago with gifs and everything. Go back 10 or so pages you might see some of it. He says it was okay. It's not the worst.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
@Man God did a fun episode by episode write up not too long ago with gifs and everything. Go back 10 or so pages you might see some of it. He says it was okay. It's not the worst.
Thanks, found it. Will read through them a bit more tomorrow.

Same! It looks like a cool, friendly robobug in the best way possible. Kinda reminds me of like Bumblebee in the new Transformers movie. Friendly and approachable but able to look cool effortlessly. The tech and mecha design in general really catches my eye. Hell even the characters fashion looks rad in that series. It looks sharp. Mind, that's all at a distance.
Thats what drew me toward the series. From the little research ive done tonight it seems like the show really should have been a full 49 episodes, rather than the shorter 26 it got. I might give it a shot if I can get through IBO season 2, otherwise ill wait for the movie(s).

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Zeonic Republic just dropped a translation of the Gundam NT managa. Gonna check that out! Sooo hype to see the movie myself.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Thats what drew me toward the series. From the little research ive done tonight it seems like the show really should have been a full 49 episodes, rather than the shorter 26 it got. I might give it a shot if I can get through IBO season 2, otherwise ill wait for the movie(s).
G-Reco has everything that may trick you into thinking it's worth a watch. Interesting mecha and character designs, good art and animation. The problem is that the story is a dumpster fire. I honestly doubt getting 50 episodes instead of 26 would have fixed anything.
It's maybe the Tominoest of all Gundams with Turn A a close second and I believe it suffers for it. Just too crazy and incomprehensible to be actually enjoyed.
Only recommended for completionists who must watch all Gundam ever produced.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw the IBO spin off trailer
Was kinda hoping it'd be a sequel or something more directly related to the previous series but still looking forward it nonetheless.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is it supposed to be a mobile game as well? Was weird seeing 876TV show the trailer then post App Store info afterwards.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
There's two camps when it comes to G-Reco: The camp that couldn't follow the story and the one that could. There are flowcharts/timelines out there if you can't follow it. It is Tomino up to 11. Tomino's non-Gundam shows are good reference for what to expect in the sense that dialogue jumps around a lot. Also, the series is being redone into 5 movies by Tomino.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1546778972300.jpg

Lmao that it's just a mobile game.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can gather on that announcement -- it's going to be a phone game. Likely gacha. People are saying that's too hasty to assume that, but watching at trailer I see characters who look like gacha game vendors and a city that looks like the map back drop to your different options, stores and game modes in a gacha game. This is likely going to be a gacha game that has animations at the start and end of every "chapter" they release with visual novel style talking heads murmuring out plot at the player most of the time. Here's an ANN post about it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...PdxDHqkvXMRuYROkg5vZP9YjxcAEnqBzJjdi8OYSom4rc

IBO is a sad anime about a bunch of young men fighting for their human rights. It's follow up is about what? Oh a "cheerful [boy], with a strong resolution and big dreams of turning Venus into a tourism destination." Ah, okay. I see!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
/puts wallet into his pocket.
I very much doubt I'm going to buy any gunpla related to a gacha game even if it is ever produced unless it reaches rock bottom prices.
It's what I do 90% of the time with gunpla of MS from manga spin-offs that never get translated.
I don't pay attention to mobile games so do this kind of games eventually release outside Japan, maybe Asia?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
There's two camps when it comes to G-Reco: The camp that couldn't follow the story and the one that could.
G-Reco would be bad even if it were easier to follow. It doesn't fix things like people running up to stairs that go into a dead end and smashing into it for no reason, Klim Nick believing he is some kind of genius he is not (we already have Patrick Colasour for that), the whole Kuntala nonsense that has no payoff, etc. etc. etc. Not even the fish shitting into their spherical fish-bowl. It's poop. Poop!

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I can see how things like Dragon Ball are popular enough with the mainstream audience for a global release of their gacha games.
IBO, though, it sounds too niche by what you are saying.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem like too huge a loss. I love the mecha designs they've teased for it. But... that story sounds really shoehorned and very gacha game. Not sure how much I'm actually missing.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Gundam as a whole, I love IBO even more. I would be very excited for just about anything from the same creators who gave me McGillis and Mika and Shino and Amida. But then it's a mobile phone game and I'm just entirely numb to it's existence.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Gundam as a whole, I love IBO even more. I would be very excited for just about anything from the same creators who gave me McGillis and Mika and Shino and Amida. But then it's a mobile phone game and I'm just entirely numb to it's existence.
I see folks like Tom Aznable being optimistic, but... idk man. I see the gacha tropes in that trailer and the character designs already.